whats the best "double" you have worked with and why

Thought you only needed a blood blister or a black fingernail,to be classed as competent with that 5hite.

Heid

Whats the scrip wi nae letin yiz erect the yela peril ?---who desides all this feckin pish ?

Thats Interserve m8.. As I have not done a 2 day course with it to say I am competent then your T&F Card is no good or it wont be in a little while.

The best of it is that you have to do a pt1 and pt2 in yelly jelly now if your just starting out... What can you possibly do with it for 2x 2 weeks??? Its bad enuff getting paid to wrestle that s***e into something that resembles a job!!

All T&F guys are gonna have to pay good money to have the worst scaffolding experience of their life!!

Ours it no to reason why eh!!

Heid

Aye, and I suppose the Scaffs are going to have to pay a course fee for the privilage to put up that crap gear---CITB?NASC are comin the c*"^t now.

so who,s the nob that's come up with this , what's next 2 day course for cuplock a 2 day course for leyhar or any other system just another way of trying to screw more money out of us

they can ram it i dont want a 2 day course for the yellow stuff
gaz

Aye, feck then, Iv been Scaffold Erecting since 1972 and nae feckin office waller is going to tell me how to Erect---they can stick their System up their arse, I'll stick wi the REAL stuff--- Tube and Fittings.

There havin a laugh eh---the fact is that it is NOT a Statutory requirement to Train in either System or Traditional Scaffolds---

Guys thats what we were debating at the weekend on here, what was it under again Garry, 'Stabila' ?

I will check and get back to you's

Paddy

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Page 14 sticky scaffolder study group

Paddy

Paddy M8

Thanks for the page Paddy M8---there are so much Topics they seem to over lap M8, a lot of traffic---just shows that there is a lot of topics and interest, and the Scaffs want their say...

Thats Interserve m8.. As I have not done a 2 day course with it to say I am competent then your T&F Card is no good or it wont be in a little while.

The best of it is that you have to do a pt1 and pt2 in yelly jelly now if your just starting out... What can you possibly do with it for 2x 2 weeks??? Its bad enuff getting paid to wrestle that s***e into something that resembles a job!!

By the same token, Anyone that does a part 1+2 in system can't be classed as competent to erect even the most basic T+F static tower or independent

2 days system course is just under 400 bucks, that is 400 for each one!!
Layher.... Kwiksh*t...Cuplock... Haki...

I think they should ban the whole lot, I just feel like a brickies labourer:D

Stef

Is there a case for these Manufacturers of the Prefabricated Scaffold Systems to Train the System Installer in their particular System.

The Manufacturers of Alu Star Train Operatives in its Installation, why cant the other Manufacturers do the same thing ?.

let me get this strait lads does this mean anyone can pay £400 quid and go on a two day course and go out and put up system all over the place

No.

If you already have T&F then it 2 day course(400 Smackers) and then its added to your card whatever system you done.

If You have nowt then pt1 pt2 rules apply but only for that system. 900+ for pt1, 900+ for part 2 etc etc but you cant touch T&F.. WTF !!!!

But us Scaffs are all minted eh boys!!:nuts:

thanks for clearing that up for me . know one thing they will be getting f**k all out of this lad

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

who thinks up this stuff. lads who have been on the tools for 10,20,30 years doing all sorts, and some nob says no you cant do that any more until you give me more money. let the firms pay for the course,s if the want you to use system

jmark

well said M8---let the office waller get of their fat asses and go oot in the pissin rain and freezin cold and erect the *****

The people who make these decisions will be in league with OR directly employed by training establishments who sit on NASC committees and the like, they will be advising HSE and UKCG etc that the sector needs further training on this and that...F*ck me!!! Of course they will!! They can disguise it all they want along the lines of system training, Health & Safety etc etc etc...ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!

I mean the rigmarole of getting a card these day is just too much.. I sat yesterday signing off our 3 Trainees Portfolios and getting them into some sort of shape for assessment (Which is no fault of our boys by the way, they collected all their evidence etc) and I sh*t you not it took me about 3 hours...and thats just my time, without all the courses and assessments the lads have to undertake, the cost of the courses, lads wages, NI contributions etc etc etc. I dont know if you are aware of the costs of sending a lad on a course but its not cheap!! People will say "It doesnt matter because the Company get a training grant" well we do but it doesnt cover it by a long way and in fact once our all mighty CITB have taken their levy its even less!!

I think we have gone too far, I mean Part 1a, assessment, Part 1b, assessment, final assessment etc and thats just the start of the process!! the lads tell me they are bored out of their skin most of the time because they KNOW the training provider is dragging it out, I remember doing my Part 1 at Bircham in 1986 (I know Im an old fart!!) which was a straight 2 weeks and I've got say we could have easily covered it in a week, I do appreicate you have to work to the pace of the least competent in the group but with that in mind I would still say a week would have covered it.

Im not for one moment suggesting nowadays a complete novice (Although in my day a complete novice could have a Trainee Card in 2 weeks!!??) to scaffolding should be given a qualification after only 1 weeks training but I think some common ground should reached along the lines of do the 2 weeks, gain some site experience, say 12 months then go and be assessed then move up, to Part 2 etc etc and do away with all this 1a-1b, assessment every f*cking week boll*cks.

I am in no way against training and those on here that know me and have read my previous posts know how I feel in regard to making sure our lads get the training they need and indeed deserve, but from a Company point of view we feel that the powers that be instigate these training procedures not for the good of the industry but to line their own pockets, to add a system qualification to a T&F Card Holder is yet again just another revenue stream :mad: that on the whole the (yet again) Scaffolding Companies will have to pick up if they want to work for certain contractors.

In South American Countries this situation is known as a CARTEL!!

Last edited:
Paul

I have just read your Post with great interest and I am in total agreement with you as I am sure any right thinking Scaff would be. The lack of Scaffolders representation has given rise to an Autocratic Doctoral Monopoly of Men who sit in smoke filled rooms carving up Private and Commercial Contacts and devising methods of how to Marshal the work force into compliance to there will.

The sad thing is we have allowed it to happen, these laughing assassins, smile to our faces then pick out Brains and them our pockets, if some one was to do that in a Bar they would be severely dealt with, by condoning their actions we are sanctioning there behavior.

Approx 92% of ALL Tasks requires a Scaffold of some discriotion, if there were no Scaffolds, Industry would grind to a halt, yet we as a Sociaty of Men have NO say in the running of our Industry---surly this cannot be right---is it ?...

sorry for the rant---but Feck it---their coming the C*"nt now :mad:

we must have the only trade in the world that after doing something for 20 ode years (with a ticket) some p**ck in a suit can tell you your not a scaff any more unless you cough up more money

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

just been looking at an advert for scaffolding supervisor,s job in Nottingham but i cant apply cause i have,nt got a cisrs supervisors card (got an advanced and been supervisor on last couple of jobs ) but no now they want us to fork out £800 quid for supervisor,s card

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

where will this stop ?????

yet we as a Sociaty of Men have NO say in the running of our Industry---surly this cannot be right---is it ?...

Garry

You are completeley correct, it is not right that we have non if very little say in what goes on in our industry but we have got to keep chipping away at it

You never know that may soon change...especially with this great medium of communication that is "Our Forum" ;)

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

just been looking at an advert for scaffolding supervisor,s job in Nottingham but i cant apply cause i have,nt got a cisrs supervisors card (got an advanced and been supervisor on last couple of jobs ) but no now they want us to fork out £800 quid for supervisor,s card

I would apply regardless, you never know, who are the Company?

Top Bottom