whats the best "double" you have worked with and why

Yeh was a doc about Boss Scaffolding in London made bout 1994 and on discovery sky funny as **** !! , showed the guvnor out on the tools saturday morning and all that

Under Deck 2000

Scaffy

Under Deck 2000, images---it has a double gate and Bolt combination for the Dropper---and a two Bolt combination to attach to the web of the steel.

The double Bolt provision allows for maintaining one Bolt at any one time, a cheque fitting is required when maintaining the Drop Tube Bolts.

Attachments

• STA60006.jpg
    STA60006.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 45
  • STA60008.jpg
    STA60008.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 30
  • STA60009.jpg
    STA60009.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 29
  • STA60010.jpg
    STA60010.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 30
Paddy M8

The fitting was invented by a Scaff by the name of Ricky Morgan---I worked with Ricky on the Tension Leg Platform in the early 80's. In my view a good robust Fitting. He conceived, patented it---however, rather than distributing it via the Scaffolding Industry, Ricky elected to distribute it himself---thus it never made it to the main stream, however, still a very good alternative to whats on the Market at the moment.

your thoughts M8 ???

New one for me to, looks a very useful piece of kit.

A picture paints a thousand words .

Thanks Gary

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

The first one that gets to me that works with some sort of oil on it!!

Good point Bud, is the type fitting used a deciding factor when starting for a new firm ? All us scaffs can ask for as a minimum is that the fittings are oiled and serviceable.

When I was a trainee in the 80s any fitting I bagged up for the fixers was checked to make sure the nuts turned freely between thumb an forefinger , as any that didn't would be quickly returned earthwards in my direction followed by few choice Anglo Saxon words questioning my parentage :cry:

Oh happy days :D :D :D

Garry
Thanks for the info m8 ( Never to old to learn) as you say, the fitting was construed,devised and formated by a scaff, however, never adopted as a essential piece of kit by the major contractors.

As we have re-iterated time and time again, the guys that do the job , Knows what works best.

The guys that invent/concieve a better product, if from the proverbial bottom rung of the ladder, with no back up or feasible options to promote or develop their product, will be shunned time and time again, as we both know with our Combined and Individual ventures we have tried ourselves.

However, with this Forum, instead of trying to work with a diverse forum of Occupations, we are a Akin forum of one, All Scaffs or allied to it. If we have a problem and with the backing of our members, NASC will recocnise us and either consult, not just with NASC member committee, but with SF Forum. NASC we at the Scaffolder study group, invite you to attach a addendum recognising us as a true voice of the Scaffolding community, and as such would like to be included in future Consultation regarding SG4:05 TG20:08 or any other issues regarding the 'Chaps that do the job' Please feel free to attach a Rep of NASC to our 'Study group' to offer advice.

I am also sending this post to my local HSE Inspector, regarding 'Worker consultation' issues.

Paddy

Aye, Podger---after the fitting bounces off yer head the Scaffs used to shout down, now wipe the blood of and send it back up :cry:---happy days eh M8 LOLoooo;)

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Paddy M8

The reason why the Fitting was not adopted my the Blue Chip Scaffolding Orginisation one of OWNERSHIP---yet again the Decision Makers within the Industry wanted a significant share of the proceeds---when the innovator resisted, and took it to the Market Place it was subject to Chinese whispers and the Fitting was consigned to the margins. Yet another example of the Power that the Decision Makers Have. :eek:

As for inviting Scaffolding Associations Delegates to the Site---drawing from past experiance I rather think the invitation will be met with a vacant stare. However, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the Site is under observation. I know for a fact that there are Viewers and Members of our Site that prefer to stay in their Covert Comfort Zone.

Garry...

Garry

I totally agree m8, with SF having over 400 members, i know there will be countless associations looking in trying to gather information.

However, if they read the positive feedback, from upper management, likes of PW Phil Mc Cree and many others in the Scaffolder study group who are in a very high Management position, and contribute to the forum, trying to help instead of hinder the guys, in future development and learning.

Then, have a look at the status/criteria of the guys posting, from Trainee to Advanced. No Scaff to my Knowledge has been rediculed on this forum, for asking a question. Garry remember the IOSH rows we had with them m8?

Paddy

impressed never seen one like that , let alone know where to start to use it !

So is that for clamping to flanges of steel i take it , 2 x gravlocks rolled into one

Where is the pic of an original SK ???

ta:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

i used to post on that iosh forum too , and used to get some proper sarky bitchy answers , this forum is tops , allways wondered why we never had no trade publications , and the NASC to be honest never seen a benefit of membership !!! Until now that all the big boys willmot dixon BAM ect wont use vetted contractors with NASC membership , we have ISO 14001/18001/9001 / Link Up / chas the lot , half of the NASC members this way aint got even one of them certs !:toung:

Paddy M8

You are quite right, the Members range from aspiring Scaffold Erectors, through to Scaffold Design Engineer, Health and Safety Practitioners and Managerial Administrators, however, the common thread that couples us all together is a sincere wish to assist each other for the furtherance and the good of our Industry, we have NO hidden agenda.

To-days Scaffold Erector is not un-like his forefathers save that now he is using his head as well as his hands---

Beware when the Lord lets loose a thinker.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Scaffy

I'll take some better pics on Monday---cana get into a Yard until them.

Aye, Paddy and I used to post on the IOSH---used to tie the inverted snobs in knots, feckin pr!cks---the only ones who had a clue were the ones with Scaff experiance.

No one gets ridiculed here, as pointed out earlier, mainly because even the most technically brilliant of us started out getting slapped round the ear and told what fitting is what.

Further to the NASC, IOSH, HSE and so on, we would welcome members of these organisations to the forum as it is a place to express opinions, educate one another and to put forward new ideas. If we were to get members from these or other organisations taking the time to come here and converse with us they would hopefully be treated with the respect deserving to any member and not as a target or whipping boy for past grievances.

and I still like the Mk3a bomb lol, Nice clamp that 1 Garry, new to me as well

Stef

Perhaps you are right, perhaps we should invite these Orginisations to the Site, do we put it to the Forum in the way of a Post ?---what do you think Paddy, Stef do we Post for a consensus of opinion to invite comments from these Orginisations ???.

It will certainly make for a more meaningful joint Consultation should we invite these Orginisations to the Site.

Stef

Perhaps you are right, perhaps we should invite these Orginisations to the Site, do we put it to the Forum in the way of a Post ?---what do you think Paddy, Stef do we Post for a consensus of opinion to invite comments from these Orginisations ???.

It will certainly make for a more meaningful joint Consultation should we invite these Orginisations to the Site.

I would love to ask somebody from the CAA (Construction Awards Alliance) why only companies are eligible for NVQ achievement grants and not self funding individuals ?

Podger

A good question and deserving of an answer---perhaps we should list the Orginisations we want to invite ?---we should start a new post ? :wondering:, we are well off piste here. We'll ask some of the others 2moro.

Podger

A good question and deserving of an answer---perhaps we should list the Orginisations we want to invite ?---we should start a new post ? :wondering:, we are well off piste here. We'll ask some of the others 2moro.

maybe a be a sticky with an email contact for a spokesperson from the various bodies ? just a suggestion.

Yes new thread definitely

Dropped forged for me as long as they are well serviced, always felt like a spastic using mills's.

Scaffy

I took a few pics of the Under Deck 2000 on the web of steel work this morning, just gives you an idea of how it is applied, use in pairs.

I' ll try and source S.K.'s and Post some pics.

Whats you main Business ? Special Structures in Tube and Fittings, Modular System or a mix of both ???

Attachments

• STA60570.jpg
    STA60570.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 38
  • STA60571.jpg
    STA60571.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
  • STA60572.jpg
    STA60572.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
  • STA60573.jpg
    STA60573.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 36
Scaffy

I took a few pics of the Under Deck 2000 on the web of steel work this morning, just gives you an idea of how it is applied, use in pairs.

I' ll try and source S.K.'s and Post some pics.

Whats you main Business ? Special Structures in Tube and Fittings, Modular System or a mix of both ???

Never seen them before Garry, what are they called? Just like a typical gravlock but doubled in strength?

VLLB

aye, its got 2 gates so no cheque fitting required and the" jaw " of the fitting fits into the web so there is no shear force on the Jaw Bolts. called under deck 2000. good piece of kit in my opinion.

Attachments

• STA60006.jpg
    STA60006.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
cheers for that looks a good fitting , we do a mix of everything to be honest had just never seen one of these before !

Top Bottom