whats the best "double" you have worked with and why

barneys

anyone used the old little giants great fitting take some hammer brill for fixing to steel have to say toss off i mean up for me mills, b&p think latter gets it ******* to pull up on rope though cant get too many in bucket

Little giants for me boys,its what i started with,very strong and durable,tube slides a treat also a good substitute for gravlocks..

Love B+P ? Then Cambridge is the place for you , 80% or more of the firms in Cambridge area use B+P , One firm (always put up a nice tidy Job) don't even use swivs they carry a load of 8" butts to fix braces using DHs. Proper old school :)

Mills swivel , exelent , can get them into tight spaces, Mills , double 4 basing out , ( nice an square) ,especially with speed thread , but they tended to loose thread , ouch , an what we call GIANTS, where they have a gap behind bolt , can sorta use them as an SK, solid as a rock as fittings go .

sibretiger

What ever happened to the Steve Knight ? fantastic fitting, replaced by the gravelock, in my view the SK is superior---has anyone used the under deck 2000 ?---was invented by Ricky Morgan a Scaff.we,v moved on a bit since using mill'iz P/Cz to long butts off the suffit of the steel beams :eek:

Only yesterday I was sorting out some Gravlocks when I found a sack of old SK's. I remember from my Part 1 that the instructor said that these things should not be used. Something to do with the pressure/force is applied to the nut at the top which is the weakest part of the fitting.

Leon

I can visualize where the forces are applied to the SK, however, the same forces are acting on the Gravlock bolt !

A downward sheer force is applied to the bolts on both Components

Any one else want to come in on this one ???

with a graby each side of girder and tube in both gates it locks it self i reckon if bolts were to fail it might just drop on to the threaded bits and hang there,(i have been known to have been wrong before) cheers h

To mitigate against subjecting the Bolt Threads from shear stress, I elect to cut tube to fit between the webs of the steel and then fix will gravlocks, if this method proves prohibitive, my next consideration would be to use Under Deck 2000 Fitting, this provision eradicates any shear stress being applied to the Bolt Thread---the above measures are a consideration where heavy duty Suspended Scaffolds are required and or where a belt and braces loss prevention strategy is in force. The above method is purely my personal preferance.

captains

are sgb captain hooks dh z ,used to call the mills singles captains shi*e fitting i thought not bad for getting trannys on angles for splayed walls ect

The first one that gets to me that works with some sort of oil on it!!

Gary
Whats an under deck 2000 and a steve knight sk look like , we have some odd steel klamps was just wondering

Burtons unique was good fitting !!:evil:

Scaffy

I have 1 Under Deck 2000 for demonstration purposes, I'll take a pic and post it on this thread---however, I will have to wait until Monday to source a SK---unless any one else can post a Pic ???

top banana !!!
(have u seen that documentary >

scaffy
na hinint see it---is it about ironmonkeys ? LOLoooooo WWWWoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh---Scaffs Rule :nuts:

sk,s

just thought i come across these in norway a couple of years ago they had loads of them out there never once used 1 in the uk though

Top Bottom