Legends

any one remember Bernie may

was a Manc but lived down south on mills and deborah for years , with the packer brothers , just wondered what happened to him ?

I spoke to Bernie recently but can't believe a word he tells me. :laugh::laugh:
He's still living in Littlehampton.

Bernie May....

Hiya Layerking
used to work for Bernie on army camps in Wiltshire he's still alive and kicking (just) p.m. you details.

Hi bigbadbob. I know all those guys. Tessy used to live round the corner from me in Battersea. Also worked for Kenny Lumley. Dave bowens boys both have their own firms, Speedy Scaffolding and i cant remember the other. Johnny Hurley still owes me 2 weeks money. Not much chance of getting it. At the moment i'm working with Micky Collins boy.I'm in my 40th year of scaffolding. Someone summed this game up. Its going backwards. But its still gave me a good life. My names Melvyn Hubbucks

Hi bigbadbob. I know all those guys. Tessy used to live round the corner from me in Battersea. Also worked for Kenny Lumley. Dave bowens boys both have their own firms, Speedy Scaffolding and i cant remember the other. Johnny Hurley still owes me 2 weeks money. Not much chance of getting it. At the moment i'm working with Micky Collins boy.I'm in my 40th year of scaffolding. Someone summed this game up. Its going backwards. But its still gave me a good life. My names Melvyn Hubbucks

Hello mate. Heard Bigbadbob is out in Cairo Egypt at the moment.

Hi Have spanner, Bigbadbob here, dont tell everyone, they will all want a job, took me over a year to get there, Cario is mental.

Maybe you've come across my mate Barry Snell during your Middle East exploits Bob?
Hi Mate,
My name's Steve Peel from Morecambe, is Barry Snell the same lad I was at Bircham Newton in 1976-77 do you know?
Also Bob Batton....we spoke on the phone in Dubai once when I was looking to speak to your predecessor, but you had been given his phone, I was working for Petrofac as Senior Scaffolding Instructor at DPTC. I lived at Al Badia, Festival City....now in Thailand.

I see Freddy Reynolds at Billy McKims funeral last year, hes looking old now, worked with him in the 80s bent as a nine bob note. A great funny guy!!

Freddy Reynolds

Hi Scaff
Love Freddy, he was not bent, bi yes but what a great guy, worked with fred in the Mid seventies, Sandown Park race course grandstand construction, every day was a laugh with Fred. Didnt know the guy who"s funeral you went to.

yeh mate we are all looking older now, any other guys you remember from south london, scaff who are you?

My dad told me stories of tessy baker and speedy ,Ralph severe,Johnny burner.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Ralph devere

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

My dad told me stories of tessy baker and speedy ,Ralph severe,Johnny burner.
Think they called him chick

Yes but he legend in his own right jakdan you are a racist my land boast taj mahal bult by master craftsman
You reely are proud infidel

Last edited:
ikram dewali how the names change over the years. used to be patel and ashmere when i was at school but i suppose we must move foward with the times hope your scaffolding is as good as your currys!!!

Is it just me or do we think that Reg has reinvented himself to expose us non curry lovers?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...........

Top Bottom