Legends

yes gary and mat,( gama) never worked with them but apparently thay were like there dad alf very good!!

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

must be the same fella, i think when thay had small firm in olumstead?woolwich it was called secure scaffolding, pale blue paint if i remember right.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

anyone remember darkie williams??

Allsteel was pale blue , used to be a nightmare to get paid i think

Wasn't Ray Chandler a London Scaffolder, who was a trainer at the CITB in Erith back in the early 2000's?
If its the same guy, he went on to become a Safety Inspector for TRAD Scaffolding... Not sure what happened to him though.

Darrly Venn from Stamford Le Hope was a fukking pukka Scaffolder, back in the day.
He taught me alot about Scaffolding.

Jason
Ray is back with CITB as a H&S Tutor

just wondering if any one remembers alan harman from kent scaffolding?

Hi Scaff
Love Freddy, he was not bent, bi yes but what a great guy, worked with fred in the Mid seventies, Sandown Park race course grandstand construction, every day was a laugh with Fred. Didnt know the guy who"s funeral you went to.

yeh mate we are all looking older now, any other guys you remember from south london, scaff who are you?

Bigbadbob,
Not been about much lately, Tony Campbell from Pimlico, I know he worked for LMS wore glasses loved a beer and a fight, little stevie clarke from Holburn last I heard he was a black cab driver, Russell Greenbrook, he's running the olympics for Benchmark, we all used to go to Mickys pub The Builders in Battersea, always full of scaffs :nuts:

anyone remember Rocker from SGB Battersea? great scaffolder and nice fella. Ended up working for benchmark before dying of a heart attack in the post office tower in about 96 -97. Always called on to do the more technical stuff RIP

alrite phil
Barry snell top man he's still around he had a labour only company doing work for sgb but got knocked and went under.I worked with his lad at heathrow matt and barry's got a boozer down in shoreham somewhere but doing well he's still doing the odd bits and pieces but well

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Alrite QFS
We worked on LMS fuc#ing years ago john duggan was our supervisor me ,terry russell and harry sheargold all worked together,we used "the builders" and the brickmakers in stockwell and the rix in streatham,we were working on the back of regents park and some telephone exchange in kilburn.LMS the best firm i,ve ever worked for remember chrissy gray from abbey wood ? a proper big lump

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

yea his company was called Orion mate

Alrite Essex you wouldn't have Charlie Edwards number would you pm it to me if you have ta

Pat Smith ex Unique supervisor/Trad etc - Son called Hayden?

Pat Smith is still grafting mate even though he is in his 60s, he was working for me at St Pancras, he was with Century last I heard, not sure where he is now

Sorry mate dont know the other guys you mentioned, i left uk 1981, and as you are all aware, just came back march 2010, what a nightmare.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Dont recall that name, but thanks mate.

bigbadbob Mick Carny would like to no your name

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Mick Carny would like to no your name

harry sheargold theres a name from the passed. about 89/1990

he was on for isl as manager and his sons on spanners had office in shepherds bush. old grayston yard

isl pulled out of london soon after.

he must be about 70 now

he was on for isl as manager and his sons on spanners had office in shepherds bush. old grayston yard

he must be about 70 now

was that D CORDENS ISL

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

was that d cordens isl

oh yes

YER TRICKIE DICKIE TRYED TO MAKE BIG IN LONDON BUT COST HIM BIG TIME

BARRY EMERSON RAN IT.

THEN DSL TOOK OVER ISL.

CORDEN EX BODY GAUARD NOW RONS ISL IN DURHAM SHAUN KEERS. LOL.

TILL HE MOVED ON TO LSG LONDON.

THEN ON TO ISG THEN PROJECT THEN TOOK MONEY AND RAN FAST

Last edited:
yeah tricky really lost out in london but still finished a very wealthy man, see him quite regular,at juinor football . i started scaffolding with trick way back ,good scaff ,he rubbed a lot of noses when he got the town supervisor job for palmers , but i have allways had the notion if a person treats you right then same-same,same as terry neal ,eric neal, lot of people coudnt stand them but speak as you find,anyway teeside where are you working,

I work all over

mainly under cover THATS IN A OFFICE

IN FRONT OF A P.C.

FOR who pays the right price. FOR 34 YEARS OF experience AND CONTACTS

Lol

Last edited:

he must be about 70 now

Would that be the same Harry "The Mouse" Sheargold that used to be Branch Manager for SGB Bedfont in the 70's/80's? Had a team around him John Pollycot, Dave Higging, Billy Butix, Terry Barnes, Don Battley?

Top Bottom