Legends

I remembering Usman sayin to me Ikram one day I will have to lead the men. He said Ikram you must follow in my footsteps and be true leeder and set high exampl,e and this is what I am doing today with pete. We hope to bring to our nation together and then Dewali scaffolding will be great, Pete has worked on many great projects I meet him when I was at the post ofice, and he and I will learn off each other.

Fook me we all might as well give up now. this mans gonna take the world by storm lol

Who are you Ikram?? which part of London do you live? I seen a lot of your scaffolds around here lately. Amazing erections they are an'all

i too think you and pete will be big in the trade looking at petes catolouge of back scaffolds then you have a great great man in your midst just hope you two fullfill your potential to the max,think pete should have his own ledgends page here.

I remembering Usman sayin to me Ikram one day I will have to lead the men. He said Ikram you must follow in my footsteps and be true leeder and set high exampl,e and this is what I am doing today with pete. We hope to bring to our nation together and then Dewali scaffolding will be great, Pete has worked on many great projects I meet him when I was at the post ofice, and he and I will learn off each other.

You should be on the stage mate, sweeping it.

Chicks-Son
Is your dad Chick Dawson, if so i knew him well, Battersea boy right, worked for palmers and i think the old Norstel from Battersea Bridge rd, Scalas cafe opposite Battersea Park station ring any bells, Chick used this cafe alot, he would know alot of the old Battersea boys from there, Beasleys, Griffins, I know them and i only know 1 chick from that era.

My dad told me stories of tessy baker and speedy ,Ralph severe,Johnny burner.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Ralph devere

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

My dad told me stories of tessy baker and speedy ,Ralph severe,Johnny burner.
Think they called him chick

Was your dad from Selby , if so I worked with him

your right, all the old names plus some not mentioned. i worked with tessy on m,r scaff back in the 80s. also worked for l and b scaff when thay was at wapping. some good scaffs were on there aswell. coventry was another firm that had it fair shere of top notch scaffs. all b4 healh and saffety went mad! your right about them all being characters, im just happy that i got the chance to work with 1 of the best and probably the most respected for a couple of years. rip tessy.

Ledgends

Hi Paul B
just out of curiousity are you Tessy"s son? i know he had a son by the name of Paul who also worked on MR, Tessy was a great friend of mine and i am so pleased to see that his name lives on, a true ledgend, If you know the Bailey brothers Trevor, Peter and Robin, i am sure you would have known me, I worked with Trevor for many years on MR, John Tryfoot and i go back a long way and we are very good friends, i also spent quite a few years working for Kenny Lungley on L&B out of wapping, i would be very intrested to know your real name please pm me and i will get back to you, by the way at this moment in time i am in Egypt.

i used to know a ray chandeler from south london, he had a small firm in the plumstead/woolwich area but cannot remember the name of it. with a graham vanploom, prob spelt that wrong but you get the name. very good scaff (ray) then there was ralph devere, freddie renalds, brian chesterman, alfie parbutt ( owner of kent scaffolding)

no a ray chandler from the boro ?

Wasn't Ray Chandler a London Scaffolder, who was a trainer at the CITB in Erith back in the early 2000's?
If its the same guy, he went on to become a Safety Inspector for TRAD Scaffolding... Not sure what happened to him though.

Darrly Venn from Stamford Le Hope was a fukking pukka Scaffolder, back in the day.
He taught me alot about Scaffolding.

Ray was my tutor at Erith , that was along time ago

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Johnny 'now ya scaffolding soldier blue '
Weightman
Gent and loyal Scaff
Top man
Gave me spanners when I was 11 then wouldn't let me use em
Till I was 14 ! Old git

alf parbutt! my old man used to work for kent so know the name well! didnt his sons set up gamma scaffolding after he sold kents?

Gamma ??? Based medway

Graham van plugh - tunbridge wells publican and scaff firm owner allsteel / probe

Top Bottom