Impact drill

Torque depends on ammount of finger on trigger time, would be good if you had the 55nm setting, also battery indicator light, i am also like Red viking, like to give a tweek with the 'Elsie' so i know what i have on it. Also guys, best to have these.[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QHIGYE/ref=oss_product]Silverline 245082 20 Decibel U Band Ear Plugs: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Advertisement is not intentional, i just meant to say, you may require ear protection, these are handy sit round your neck.

Paddy M8---trigger time depends on the condition of the thread ( resistance ) ???

what is the average trigger time to undo bolt ???

gar...

Differs mate,as you have stated, all depends on the condition of the Fitting, you have to be quite nimble though, stripped many a Nut off the fitting just with a tiny squeeze on the trigger. :eek: in early days.

Im working on BP Facilities at the moment---has any of the impact users had any queries regarding Hot Work Permits and or discussions regarding sources of ignition in inflammable atmospheres, confined spaces ect, ect , ect ???.

I will be calling a meeting with the BP facility Management Team on Monday to discuss intrinsically safe tools...

Same as mine brother

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Im working on BP Facilities at the moment---has any of the impact users had any queries regarding Hot Work Permits and or discussions regarding sources of ignition in inflammable atmospheres, confined spaces ect, ect , ect ???.

I will be calling a meeting with the BP facility Management Team on Monday to discuss intrinsically safe tools...

None whatsoever from me mate .

I must add Red viking gave me the 'Heads-up' for the kit i needed

.Makita Direct,

then i needed a 21mm extra length socket which i bought from Draper, you get 2 batteries and a charger on this deal, however, if you by the bare item, 2 batteries would cost more than the inclusive package.

Tool holster and for added safety a Tool lanyard, plus Ear protection.

If there was going to be a Job specific IW for scaffolding, the complete package would be a godsend.

A Holster with a Frog on the front, woudnt come in wrong either.

1 battery i stripped 2 full newbuild houses and loading bays plus 2 skip towers, still plenty of charge left at the end of the day.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Same as mine brother

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

None whatsoever from me mate .

Red you told me what to buy mate......;) Cheers Bro

paddy where do you get the holsters got two hilti IW at minute and giving them to my lads for 1 week trial with each squad, having different feed back at moment but biggest gripe is no holster asked hilti and they said they have none avalible at moment. told him until they come up with one ime not bying a hundred of them, you would think that they would come up with something to suit there IW before they try to market them

paddy where do you get the holsters got two hilti IW at minute and giving them to my lads for 1 week trial with each squad, having different feed back at moment but biggest gripe is no holster asked hilti and they said they have none avalible at moment. told him until they come up with one ime not bying a hundred of them, you would think that they would come up with something to suit there IW before they try to market them

I know it ain't hilti but this is what I use for my makita...
Makita UK

Paddy the first impact frog I had was the old range of makita holsters (black with red trim) and that had 3 loops to which I had my spanner in , the new range ( black with blue trim ) doesn't have it :(
I will have a butchers on line for the old one mate .

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

how much are they viking and do hilti fit in
these

Makita Cordless Impact Driver Holder Universal : Tooled-Up.com

Ain't the best but cheap & will possibly take the hilti ....
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-320255/plano-pl531t-cordless-drill-holder.html
As to fit hilti unsure , maybe go with a branded holster rather tool makers specific range , I will have a look .

Last edited:
Redviking---thanks for feed back re: intrinsically safe.

I'll post feed back after meeting with BP...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I got a universal Socket that fits on to the 1/2 drive---any body using this piece of kit---could be an advantage for angular positioning...

Serial No. 34990. S.K.USA

Think its snapon make

I would in all honesty, after 33 years with a spanner recommend adding a IW to your belt. Your Spanner is your Bread and Butter, However, give yourself a treat, put some Jam on it.

Would also be good idea Daz, if they supplied a Tool Lanyard mate, get them told.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UHdspoZs8]YouTube - ‪First Look - Makita BTW251RFE Impact Wrench‬‏[/ame]

Can certainly see the merits of these for guys on price work, but I can just picture some poor mug dropping his from 5 lifts up :mad: Ta Ta drill and yet another hefty boot in the wallet. The cost of them is just too high at the moment but once it comes down a bit they'll certainly take off.

PS the knuckle (universal) joint is a great add on for these.

any lads with experience of impact wrenches tell me if they get in the way when passing gear up or down, or just generally moving around?

Can certainly see the merits of these for guys on price work, but I can just picture some poor mug dropping his from 5 lifts up :mad: Ta Ta drill and yet another hefty boot in the wallet. The cost of them is just too high at the moment but once it comes down a bit they'll certainly take off.

PS the knuckle (universal) joint is a great add on for these.

....lanyard.....

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

any lads with experience of impact wrenches tell me if they get in the way when passing gear up or down, or just generally moving around?

No

Top Bottom