Impact drill

WTF you on about mate? i need to drink more, smoke nowt, and go camping with my grandson on a weekend, getting away from it all seems good at the minute.

Paddy his wife don't want the dogs stolen, it happens a lot in Toronto.

Camping is an excellent idea.The wife and I with the dogs are going winter camping 2-3 ft of snow. Family first,sorry for any distress my forefathers are out of Burnley Lancashire which I'm assured has me failing to genetically qualify as human

torque

does anyone know if u can adjust the torque on these impact wrench, to avoid beef with scaffs with spanners when stripping?

surely there set to the correct torque if scaffolders are using them , good excuse to rob your batteries if your wrapping them too tight . still never seen one used in the north east

The torque all depends on how trigger happy you are
The longer on the trigger the tighter the bolt its just a case of getting used to the trigger

aah paddy no please say its not true , not a scaffolder i respect , i cant take this in its too much , i cant stop picturing you doing the dishes and hoovering . i will pinch your battery

Had a bad day on Thurs Allan mate, done all the washing, nice drying day, then the Wind started, had a peg off, then the fuse blew in my dyson so had to use a brush. Narf glad i had the Makita IW though, or i wouldnt of had enough strength to go for my zumba class, then to my black belt Origami assessment touch screen test.:D

Torques are Factory set and go to 150 which is 3 times the Manufacturers Recommendations for deploying a Coupler.

Ideally New Generation will Torque to BS 1939 and Manufacturers Recommendations 50 for erecting and set the Toruqe to 150 for Dismantaling.

Torques are Factory set and go to 150 which is 3 times the Manufacturers Recommendations for deploying a Coupler.

Ideally New Generation will Torque to BS 1939 and Manufacturers Recommendations 50 for erecting and set the Toruqe to 150 for Dismantaling.

Hi Gar
Been having a bash with the IW mate, been using different length of trigger time, as they give you a rough guide, and then checking it against my spanner regarding torque issues .

Garry if you need any feedback mate, gis a bell. So many moons ago Gar we had a dream ......... of a united Scaffolding community.

Best regards my Aberdornian friend

Paddy

Paddy M8

aye, big changes coming...

a PM on the way marra

Fae yer Pal in the North...

impact drills are for pussies, FACT!!!

well said id beat any stupid drill with a swing over any day.

couple of lads started a few weeks ago use these what a load of ******** there still slow and rough scaffs drill or no drill.

Then they would be even slower and just as rough with a swing over.

Divided opinions, healthy debate---the Powered Spanner is not a threat nor will it ever entirely replace the Traditional Spanner, however, it would be amiss if we never explored every avenue to enhance both the Health and Safety of Scaffold Erectors and the Quality of the Scaffolding Structures and Environment...

well said id beat any stupid drill with a swing over any day.

couple of lads started a few weeks ago use these what a load of ******** there still slow and rough scaffs drill or no drill.

I wonder if you would change your view if you worked with a quick, intelligent and truly gifted set of scaffolders that were ( and still are ) using the impact wrench ??? Some people have all the gear and no idea but others .....
Next time your near Salford message me free demonstration !! ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom