Impact drill

redviking

Good call---wonder if there be any takers ;)

Garry...

Proberley not pal the problem is the "image" you portray on site , you have the young lads now they won't have One(no cash) ,
Then the middle-aged gap, split ,us that do have them ( as previous mentioned not always speed but saving wrists elbows etc.) them that don't have them , some just don't like them can't afford them but the odd few who in my opinion are the same mold as the lads 10-15 years back were taking the pi$$ out of me because I had a ratchet !!! you know the type take their spanners in the pub to show everyone what they do as the the old t shirt with ______scaffolding ltd and the massive hole in the shoulder ain't enough !!
Then we have the old boys ( not many over 55's still on price !!) they either can't be ar$ed getting one / can't afford and the ones that do have realise that it is saving aches and pains after years of graft and also got their pension forecast !!!

Redviking

aye, just about summed it up my Friend, however, there are non so blind that him that cannot see---for me it is all about the evolution of our Industry, first it was fiber/Hemp, Manila rope and a hatchet then rough Box Spanners/Keys then the Ergonomically Designed Spanner then the Ratchet, the natural progression is now at the stage of Powered Tools---I can assure the viewers of this thread that change will come and it wont be too long. Those who cannot embrace New Technologies will be left on the fringes.

Garry...

Last edited:
Redviking

I.ve been using mine for a few years now even though i'm 51 and still on price I dont use it for the speed i use mine because i now go home at the end of the shift without most of the aches and pains. (godsend )

just changed over from bosch to dewalt

have these stupid drill gun have to be safety test and a cert on site?
well a bloody kettle has to be.

ha ha thats got you all worried now.
mm whatnumber for hse:toung:

Yes they are regularly PAT tested (well mine is as is par for the course on major sites ).
As to the number for the HSE HSE: How to contact the Health and Safety Executive .
I have had contact with some HSE inspectors in the north west and individually they are happy with the concept as the whole of the HSE who knows ?
I am not worried one bit as there is nothing to worry about .
Also let me know if you need a demo ;) and when your wrists start to go I know a good place that sells cheap brass bracelets :nuts:

RV

Last edited:

Cordless dont need PAT testing, anyway hope your kettle passed. White with 2 sugars for me mate.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Cordless dont need PAT testing, anyway hope your kettle passed. White with 2 sugars for me mate.

The Chargers need PAT tested but not the Impact wrench itself, anything that needs to be connected to the mains needs a PAT test, have a look at PUWER 1998 mate.

P.S I used to take the piss about the I.W. watch this Forum in the near future, mate. Thanks for your views on the matter though, thats what it's all about Bro.

Regards
Paddy

Yes they are regularly PAT tested (well mine is as is par for the course on major sites ).
As to the number for the HSE HSE: How to contact the Health and Safety Executive .
I have had contact with some HSE inspectors in the north west and individually they are happy with the concept as the whole of the HSE who knows ?
I am not worried one bit as there is nothing to worry about .
Also let me know if you need a demo ;) and when your wrists start to go I know a good place that sells cheap brass bracelets :nuts:

RV

check a job by these numptys using a gun other day 30% on bolts loose.

theres nothing like a good old spanners to make sure your nuts are tight.:D

check a job by these numptys using a gun other day 30% on bolts loose.

theres nothing like a good old spanners to make sure your nuts are tight.:D

I take it you must use a Torque wrench, when you go round checking other guys work, or is that part of your job????? anyway mate, what setting is your Torque at, and do you test all Spaaner jobs for under and OVER Torque???????or just Impact Wrench's?????

sky hook

During Safety Sampling Surveys 33% of Component Parts were either under or Over Torqued---these Component Parts were deployed using a spanner.

it all about Human Error V Mechanical Calibration = Quality Control of Structure Integrity Reliability and Stability = Loss Prevention and Mitigation Strategy...

Good healthy debate---compare and contrast...

been using my drill all week not only are we now at least twice as quick but my hands dont ache, i have loads more energy so can work at a quicker pace all day and making loads more money on price because of them so for all you dinosaurs reach into your pocket and get your £4 a week out or really let yourself go and spend £280 or so and buy one outright.

I can guarantee you will never look back as none of the 140 or so Scaffolders on our firm have and not one of our jobs has had any complaints using the drills.

if and when something does go wrong will yous all stand shoulder to shoulder andsay that yous are right. all 140 of you.

if and when something does go wrong will yous all stand shoulder to shoulder andsay that yous are right. all 140 of you.

Haha have you heard yourself ??
Would you " stand shoulder to shoulder " with everyone who uses a swingover ?? Because things go wrong with them ...i.e human error ....wake up

im all for moving with the times and can see the benifits these new tools posses but like others its all about making the jump ive seen guys with them and they do look the part mind you not perfect lol.each to their own id say but i must try one and give it a chance.

im gonna wait till a proper scaffold designed one is on market, with just scaffolding work in mind not just impact wrench,I just dont have any problem using my spanner and think that the drill mustnt be able to fit in between walls and stuff half the time.

im gonna wait till a proper scaffold designed one is on market, with just scaffolding work in mind not just impact wrench,I just dont have any problem using my spanner and think that the drill mustnt be able to fit in between walls and stuff half the time.

Was my thoughts as well. 33 year on the 'Elsie' now have the IW, as a Addendum not a replacement, this must be noted. Good very good though.

How is this going to "go wrong" ??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1alVjGvhc]YouTube - ‪Scaffold impact wrench‬‏[/ame]

Paddy M8

Makita packs a bigger punch at 230 Nm compared to Hilti Setting 2 at 155 Nm---makes the Makita fav for striking, is there other settings on the Makita ???.

Gar...

Top Bottom