Sccr

Joe90

Not quite sure where +8 originated from, however, I did visit the Turner Head Office in Glasgow to view their Product range 2 years ago...

The only Swedish System that I can sayfor certain is Haki...

Alustar originated from Norway in 1995 and is used extensively through out Scandinavia, making in roads in the UK Offshore Sector and Onshore Allied Facilities---being constructed from Ali :love:, the Manual Handling is far better than the Steel Systems...

Garry...

Joe90

Not quite sure where +8 originated from, however, I did visit the Turner Head Office in Glasgow to view their Product range 2 years ago...

The only Swedish System that I can sayfor certain is Haki...

Alustar originated from Norway in 1995 and is used extensively through out Scandinavia, making in roads in the UK Offshore Sector and Onshore Allied Facilities---being constructed from Ali :love:, the Manual Handling is far better than the Steel Systems...

Garry...
Garry i worked for Turner +8 at M/C airport and Stansted where they sold a great amount to there maintenance.We were suppose to train some of there guys up in its use.Remember this swedish guy who was known as the professor,If anyone had any good ideas for extra parts you were told to inform him and he went off designing.

Garry i worked for Turner +8 at M/C airport and Stansted where they sold a great amount to there maintenance.We were suppose to train some of there guys up in its use.Remember this swedish guy who was known as the professor,If anyone had any good ideas for extra parts you were told to inform him and he went off designing.

you are correct joe +8 is a swedish system.but turners hold the licence to manufacture and sell in the uk.its a great system but at the end of the day its still system

you are correct joe +8 is a swedish system.but turners hold the licence to manufacture and sell in the uk.its a great system but at the end of the day its still system

Yeah daftscaff it is a great system but easy damaged.They manufacture most of the components at there Glasgow Depot which i,ve been too,Very impresive set up.They were selling alot of kit to the US market when i was on the airports.Some good grafters work for them too. ;)

Hi All,

I have just sent an e-mail to your SCCR address... I would like to show an interest as a company to how we can join and what we could do to help?

cheers

Lee

Hi All,

I have just sent an e-mail to your SCCR address... I would like to show an interest as a company to how we can join and what we could do to help?

cheers

Lee

Top man FSS:blink1: Lets hope some more can follow suit:)

Hi All,

cheers

Lee

THANKS FFS

Ragcaff is away for a few days he will be back to you. If want to know anything then PM me otherwise...

Ok heres the latest please dont think we are hiding away. We are working very hard behind the woodwork on preperation for the forth coming meeting for all of you.

NOW GET YOUR MEMBERSHIP REQUEST'S IN.

slight hick up with the printers . should be with you very soon.

Hi Dave,

Yes I have had your application.

Thanks.

No I have not run away with all the money!!

Collecting membership cards tomorrow. Will send them out with a covering letter with access to the SCCR web site & any current discounts we have managed to get so far. More on the way.

Moving house is a night mare, waited a week & a half for the phone line!!!

Back on line now though!!

Regards Ragscaff

H&S sub Committee

Hi Guys

As you will know, i am HSE secretary for the SCCR.

This post is only on a 6 Month basis, then Elections.

What we want and need at the SCCR is people to sign up to be on my Sub-Committee. to take the standard to a higher place.

Our aim is to have a well established, knowledgeable, H&S practice that are up to date to implement, process and broadcast any relevant H&S information to our SCCR colleauges.

I would wish for the wellbeing of the SCCR that, a couple or several members would like to step aboard and give this old scaff a hand, to try and promote the views of H&S within the Scaffolding Industry.

Stop the Monopolising of the Industry by CISRS and NASC, dictating the standards of scaffolding. We all know how to 'Risk assess' and 'SSOW' why pay for it off the NASC ?

I would love to have a couple of ECITB scaffolders join my sub-Committee, as they are our one of our major aims along with SG4:10 to try and rectify, and gain 'Consultation Rights'.

Regards
Patrick Carr Tech IOSH HSE secretary SCCR

ECITB UPDATE 16/10/2010​

My first e-mail on this issue was sent to the HSE on the 20th June. Its reply was contact Dave Mosley NASC.

My first e-mail to Mr Mosley was on the 26th June. In this I asked why ECITB ticket holders are not included as trained & ticketed under the HSE requirements & why was the training provided by the CISRS scheme so poor on practicable knowledge.

I had a reply on the 28th June in which Mr Mosley informed me no deal was ever done! All ECITB ticket holders had been informed in writing of the change & that they would have to undertake training under the CISRS scheme. He also said that the unions had also written to all their members informing them of the same.

I then sent an e-mail on the 30th June stating that the CISRS scheme is attendance only & that the ECITB was based largely on experience. If you have a skilled worker with 10 plus years experience then why ignore that.

July 1st had a reply asking for my phone number to discuss this issue.

I then replied on the 3rd July with a description of me as being an advanced scaffolder under his scheme & forwarding several questions raised by forum members in regards this issue.

On the 10th July sent Mr Mosley a chase up in regards the questions we sent him.

Reply received 12th July again asking for a phone conversation.

On the 12th of July I sent an e-mail to Mr David Edwards the CEO of the ECITB. To date no reply.

July 12th sent an enquiry to the CITB as follows:
Who controls the training for the Scaffolding Industry?

CISRS scheme was one option is this now the only option?

How come ECITB qualified scaffolders with more than 5 years experience
are being put out of work because the CISRS wont recognise them,

Who do we contact in regards this?

Why does a director of the NASC control the CISRS scheme?

Regards Stewart
S.C.C.R.

Replied to Mr Mosley inviting him to the HSE meeting in October.

Sent e-mail to Peter George CITB on the 14th July. Had several phone conversations & had a new contact of Mr John Pegg given to me.

July 19th got a reply to my enquiry. Basically complain to the ECITB about the issue & CISRS information contact Dave Mosley.

July 19th sent a further e-mail to Mr Mortimer CITB questioning the control of training & the CISRS scheme. Basically told not down to the CITB contact CISRS or the NASC. Issues with ECITB need to be sent to them. Several e-mails have gone back & forth to no end.

August the 1st sent e-mail to Mr Mosley inviting him as a speaker at the October meeting.

E-mail sent Aug 1st to Mr Mortimer of the CITB in regards consolation & someone to attend the October meeting.

August 2nd had a reply from the CITB asking for more information on the SCCR reply sent same day.

Sept 1st sent a letter to Mr Edwards ECITB as yet no reply!!

Sept 2nd got an e-mail from Mr Mosley to arrange a meeting on the 20th October, as I am self employed I was already committed to the 26th/27th I have asked for another date.

To date no new meeting has been arranged.

Sept 2nd sent e-mail to Mr Nigel Spencer of the ECITB I have seen a document where a deal was done for the ECITB guys & a shortened route for CISRS was in place for the ECITB ticket holder.

Reply 3 Sept as follows:

Dear Mr Quinney

As I stated in my email to Mr Hoare, which you have obviously seen, you will need to take this matter up with the National Joint Council. All negotiations regarding the CISRS arrangements were made by the employers and the Trade Unions through them. Unfortunately I have no further information to give you.

Regards

Nigel Spencer

Sent a reply 3rd Sept to ask again what deal was done!
I have now been asked to contact a Mr Jock Simpson of the Joint Council.

Sept 4th sent letter to Mr Damian Collins MP to date no reply!!

Sept 29th sent e-mail to Jenny Parker of Unite had a reply on the 30th saying that Mr Ian Woodland was going to contact me. To date no contact!

Sept 29th sent e-mail to Tom Hardacre of Unite as yet no reply!!

October 3rd sent e-mail to John Pegg CITB to date no reply!!

I am now going to write again to Unite Mr Ian Woodland.

I am also writing to Mr J. Pegg again.

I will send a letter to Mr Jock Simpson of the joint council.

Finally I will be sending this detail to the department of trade & Industry to see if anyone is interested their.

As I have said before this issue to me is not just about the ECITB scaffolder its also about the other guys with years worth of experience who are not treated with respect to their experience. The more experience the less training. The SCCR has had a good response & I will thank all those who are backing us but we do need more of you to step forward. I have had a lot of memberships go out that have not been returned. This is only one issue we are tackling lets stick together!!

Sorry Admin if I have broken the rules for advertising!

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman SCCR

Ragscaff​

Lot of effort off your own back there let's hope everybody who needs it appreciates it

The effort is not just for the ECITB guys, its for the Industry.

No control, does not know which direction its going, the way it is going a lot of good scaffs are going to jump off.

The SCCR has been set up to help with all sorts of issues, any member can push for us to look into any problems in our Industry. Early days but its going in the right direction. It all takes time.

But for £10 any scaffolder can be a part of it!!

Ragscaff

Ya Rumple, stuart looks like a man on a mission. i hope SCCR appreciate his efforts and they are not in vain.

I do question whether naming and shaming like this might help or hinder the cause? Most people i know who are openly critised usuly take the opposite side whether its right or wrong?

What will winding people up like this really achive other then labelling the organisation as trouble makers rather than a voice of the workforce.

As my old granny used to say... you catch more bees with jam than vinegar!

The aim is not to name & shame but report back on what is being done. All concerned know that the information is placed on this site as the SCCR grew from this site.

There is more info to this that has not be published & some letters that have not been posted for the reasons that you are concerned about.

Under our constitution we have to inform the membership of corrispondance, after all were formed from the Forum.

The forum will always be a big part of what we do its given scaffolders a voice.

Ragscaff

Top Bottom