Sccr

ano mate it needs to change we all know what were doing,and the only thing we can do is all stick together and maybe just maybe we will all come to a resolution...that is before everyone has paid outa there own pocket to be trained what weve been doing for years "we have forgot more than they know"

Step Up Information Needed

Paddy has posted this on the step up method statement thread

Hi Guys

I am currently trying to compile a report for the SCCR, to produce to the HSE, at our meeting in October.

I have some data, however, i would like a lot more so we can have a general consensus.

My request is for you's to PM me with any details regarding, Accidents,near misses or cases of Ill health (Slips,Trips and falls and Aches and sprains to lower limbs) which have occured by using the 'Step up platform'.

All correspondence will be treated with Confidentialality, and will only be accessible to the SCCR committee. No names will be added to the aforementioned report, for perusal by 3rd parties.

Yours sincerely
Paddy H&S development officer SCCR

Hi Guys

I am currently trying to compile a report for the SCCR, to produce to the HSE, at our meeting in October.

I have some data, however, i would like a lot more so we can have a general consensus.

My request is for you's to PM me with any details regarding, Accidents,near misses or cases of Ill health (Slips,Trips and falls and Aches and sprains to lower limbs) which have occured by using the 'Step up platform'.

All correspondence will be treated with Confidentialality, and will only be accessible to the SCCR committee. No names will be added to the aforementioned report, for perusal by 3rd parties.

Yours sincerely

You can also contact me on postmaster@paddycarr.plus.com

Committee

Due to reasons beyond my control I must resign my position as committee member. I wish all the best and hope I can help in other ways.

Well im sorry to hear that mate, wish you all the best, I would like to first Garry Adams to my team as replacement..

garry old bean,looks like youve to take up the batton.im sure you will do a grand job UP THE REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!
WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR MEETING CAN YOUS ASK WHY CHEAP FOREIGN LABOUR CAN GET FAST TRACKED INTO CISRS BUT INDIGENIOUS BRITISH SCAFFOLDERS WHO HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH A RECOGNISED CARD CANT GET THE SAME TREATMENT
BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS

Hi Guys

Yours sincerely

In reference to your collecting of data for the step up platform will you be including the advantages and situations where it has had a pro-active benefit
to the user ?
As with all research it has to be true and fair .
I have used many of the new advance guardrails and the step up platform in MY opinion is the best if you require more help/ info send PM and I will do my best .

Well fancy meeting you here old Chap---I hope your fit and well after your sorte offshore...Your request is noted and will receive my undevided attention...Can you Cite any occurances of fast Tracking ???.

very best regards

fae yer PAAAl in the North...

im sure that turners have done it,suprisingly one of the leading lights in the NASC.well its not really suprising is it.:amazed:
deborahs had a few down at fawley about 3 years ago.
i know you need documented evidence and hear say wont cut it but maybe some of the other boys know of this type of scennario taking place

In reference to your collecting of data for the step up platform will you be including the advantages and situations where it has had a pro-active benefit
to the user ?
As with all research it has to be true and fair .
I have used many of the new advance guardrails and the step up platform in MY opinion is the best if you require more help/ info send PM and I will do my best .

Redviking mate.

Thanks for your response mate, any info would be greatly appreciated, as we want a General Consensus.

My Email addy is included at the top of the thread mate, looking forward to a chat.
Best regards
Paddy

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

It is on the sticky, however.
postmaster@paddycarr.plus.com

Nae si daftscaff ;)

Indeed both are NASC Members---Given that these Co use ( Turner + 8 and Sprite brand ) they could argue that these Prefabricated System Installers do not require to be Trained and Ticketed Scaffold Erectors---HOWEVER, a percentage would have to be bonifide Scaffolders for the Tube and Fitting addendums required...

theres always a way out for the c£$nts
,if that is the case why does +8 have such a big say in NASC THEY HAVE CHAIRED THE BOARD IN THE PAST.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

we will have that ALUSTAR crap getting flung up very soon eh mate or should i say PAALL:toung:

daftscaff

Indeed they have Chaired the NASC in the past, moreover, they have a Past Pres on a retainer and therfore still have a Man on the inside...

Your observations are quite correct Alustar has made an entrance into the Uk Oil and Gas Sector---furthermore, there is another ship load coming over from Norway as we speak...:eek:

Up date on ECITB situation.

To date have contacted the following in regards the ECITB issue.

Mr Mosley CISRS / NASC
Mr Mortimer CITB ? CSskills
Mr Edwards CEO ECITB
Mr Spencer Director & Development & Quality ECITB
HSE
Damian Collins MP

Most of the e-mails were posted on this thread or the SCCR sticky. Mr Mosley has stuck to his guns & refuses any movement on non CISRS scaffolders having an assessment. I am due to have a sit down meeting with him in November!

Mr Mortimer states that the CITB do not have control on this issue. I thought they were in charge of the training in the first place!

Mr Edwards as yet has not replied to me. Have tried via e-mail & letter. If you look at his video on the ECITB web site they are promoting training & excellence. So why throw skilled labour away!

Mr Spencer again passes the buck I have asked him to let me know the contacts at the Joint Council as he says they made the deal & know what happened!

We believe a deal was done in 97 but do not have the details. By the looks of it the ECITB got CCNSG & the NASC got CISRS. There has been reference to a deal being made in which ECITB scaffolders should have had a quick route set in place if they had 5 or 15 years experience. Have not been given these details as yet.

I do have lots of correspondence from ECITB scaffolders in regards their skill levels & who they have contacted in regards this awful situation & am gaining more every day.

I still need all ECITB scaffolders to contact me with more info.

The next step is to contact the CITB (new contact) , The Joint Council, The Unions & Government.

Thanks to all the forum who have been proactive in this matter & we are still moving forward.

Regards Stewart Quinney ( Ragscaff )
Chairman
SCCR

Hi Ragscaff,
Have you looked at new members say hello and scaffinity has posted more information on there about the union Unite and what there take is on the situation:notrust:

Top Bottom