Sccr

my comments were not directed at you cassie so like a man il appoligise if you are affended my issues are with other departments so lets just enjoy whats left of our weekend m8

Can someone explain the statement about the CISRS card being too easy to obtain... when all you had to do to get a ECIB ticket was apply for it. no testing or anything ?? I'll stand corrected , but the assessed route was open for 2 years was'nt it ?? why did'nt the guys do that, instead of being in the state their in now ie. no valid card..

Thanks for your input, but this is not the ECITB thread.

The CISRS scheme as AOM states is too easy, not enough experiance but it is opinion we are after thankyou for your input.

Regards Ragscaff

No offense taken lads.. maybe I need a fag .. yeh, have a good weekend, back to the grind tomorrow..

While we are on the subject of training, I think I mentioned this idea before it came from the Mrs who works with me and I reckoned it had a bit of mileage in it but was interested to hear what others had to say. The short comings of trainee's has been well documented and instead of relying on others to bring them up to scratch how about sending them to other firms for a while and see how the other half live for a bit. I think we can all agree that nothing will replace experience and I have no problem when the younger one's want to spread their wings but maybe if I could give them a taste of how others do it then for the first time they will come back and genuinely have a chance to learn something and even teach the fogies something on their return. Haven't worked out exactly how it would work but something like you send us your trainee for a few weeks and we will send you our's should be good enough. The scaff's are famous for being innovative problem solvers and I reckoned this could be another one.

That was in my report, getting larger firms involved without poaching!!

Mentors is another approach but scaffold firms would have to work together.

But as we all know some firms will cut their nose to spite their face, we even have talk of a firm undetaking work for £6 a m down here!!!:cry:

I have even thought of starting a firm that rents out Advanced scaffolders to other firms for the mentoring process, older guys who have knowledge but do not want to run themselves ragid but want respect for what they know & can teach!! Another project for the SCCR!!

Ragscaff

Sorry Ragscaff, didn't realise that is what you meant. Didn't realise that is what you meant maybe great minds think alike.:cool: I know what you mean about scaffold firms having to be fully on board but to minimise the poaching problem just team up with firms from well out the local area. I don't think my competitor would want a spy in the camp anyway so do it all well away from home. That might make it a bit more complicated, but maybe the citb could make it part of their module. Definitely something for the sccr to think about.

You can put me down for the rentascaff thing, sounds braw, drink tea and just do the directing not the erecting.:D

That was in my report, getting larger firms involved without poaching!!

Mentors is another approach but scaffold firms would have to work together.

But as we all know some firms will cut their nose to spite their face, we even have talk of a firm undetaking work for £6 a m down here!!!:cry:

I have even thought of starting a firm that rents out Advanced scaffolders to other firms for the mentoring process, older guys who have knowledge but do not want to run themselves ragid but want respect for what they know & can teach!! Another project for the SCCR!!

Ragscaff

you sure we couldnt get done for pimping on that 1 mate.lol

Think you covered all the bases to start off with Ragscaff.:) Happy with that. Onward and upward:D

Sad day for the SCCR.

Admin has stood down from the Promotions Secretary Position due to the forum doing so well.

I would like to thank him for his time with us & he will be continuing to support us in the future.

I now would lke to put forward Gary Adams as Promotions Secretary.

I will of course need a second on this.

Ragscaff

A great loss in losing admin but i think we have a worthy man in Gary Adams to takeover. Well done Admin cracking forum

Couldnt have said it better. Garry Adams is a strong and knowledgable addition to the team. I'd certainly second it.

We can only progress with the help of the men with the spanners!!

Then the companies will listen, then we will have a voice!

You all think the HSE is out to get you, why then are they the only ones willing to help us!!

Some of you say you want change but have you applied for a membership??

Numbers mean we keep progress with the HSE then the CITB will follow then the CISRS will listen. You will have a voice!!

Ragscaff
SCCR
Chairman

come on guys we need your support - join up

As Promotional Secretary my first care is to actively promote the Philosophy and cultivate a Culture of Fellowship and Brotherhood of the SCCR.

The SCCR is a Work in Progress and the Office Bearers are taking their Positions when called upon to do so, HOWEVER , for SCCR to gain credence and take its rightful place as the Representatives of the Scaffolding Erectors we need to be a Legitimate Organization with a Constituency to Represent---The Bottom Line is SCCR NEEDS YOU TO JOIN to succeed...

La La La, up went the shout, a horse gallops out, out of the Lines of Blue---do you think I would leave you laying when there's room on my horse for two, climb aboard Jack, we'll both be flying it can go just as fast with two, La La La,

Can anybody else remember the words ???

Well done

At the risk of covering old ground, ( taking me a while to read all the post! ) I totally agree about the part one and two being a waste of time and too easy to complete and gain the card. I attended my part 1 & 2 soon as I was eligable, paying for the courses myself... so after 18 month I am a competent scaffolder? Not in my opinion, I did the courses so i could get paid more, Plain and simple, unfortunatly not everyone thinks the same as me, I was lucky i worked with some good scaffolders and took in everything. 5 years on am learning everyday and am sure i will be for another 5. Experience counts for everything in this game!

Keep up the good work SCCR!!

thanks alot for that ,im in a similar predicament i have 9 years experience i have my scats saftey passport,my cscs card and up to nvq 2,i have written headed refferences off numerous big firms stating my compitance.but when i emailed mr mosley asking could he issue me a card he said i had to undertake prt1-prt2 training,and pay the costs for this.?????????????? something has to change some of us have familys to look after and this is keeping most of us out of work. regards luke conlan

thanks alot for that ,im in a similar predicament i have 9 years experience i have my scats saftey passport,my cscs card and up to nvq 2,i have written headed refferences off numerous big firms stating my compitance.but when i emailed mr mosley asking could he issue me a card he said i had to undertake prt1-prt2 training,and pay the costs for this.?????????????? something has to change some of us have familys to look after and this is keeping most of us out of work. regards luke conlan

the bloke dont give a **** spook. i wearnt gana tell the forum but ive got
nothing to hide i went bancrupt aprill this year cos of this ticket issue iam
curently working for one of my clients that i put scaffold up for.only now
iam not putting scaffold up but working for the client i think its discusting
the way weve been treated and i ante gana let it go so if you are listening
get it ******* sorted.as for refrences spook got loads mate.they want get
there ears suringe.

Top Bottom