Sccr

Rag can you post the statistics when you get them mate , i have always said that very few scaffolders fall from height.

Keep asking for this yet to see one. THe main cause in falls from heights is falling off ladders!! I did read that at least 25% of falls relate to roofers!

Ragscaff

Reply from the CITB

Dear Mr Quinney

Please can you advise as to what S.C.C.R. stands for and any further information you can provide in relation to this. Also can you let me know the date and location of the meeting in October so that I can advise further.

In relation to your previous query, there is an Apprenticeship Route for a CISRS card but this is not a new route. Further information on the requirements are available of page 12 of the CISRS Scheme Booklet via the link below:

http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/Cisrs_Cap_609_000.pdf

Many thanks.

Garry Mortimer

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

e-mail sent back.

Dear Mr Mortimer,

SCCR Stands for Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights. We are based from a scaffolders forum on a web site & have 2700 members on this so far. Our first year target is 2000 scaffolders , 1000 scaffold companies, 20 suppliers & 10 agencies.

Our members are not happy with the way the Industry is going & wish more consultation, hence the meetings.

Hope this helps.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

hello ragscaff. you got the olde membership forms up and running yet.

Rigger

I am sorry to report that Rigger has had to step down from the committee for the SCCR Due to personel reasons. I have some options in mind but if anyone else wishes to put themselves forward then please post it here .

Regards Ragscaff
Chairman SCCR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCCR Committee

Chairman – Ragscaff

Vice Chairman – Paddy

Treasurer – Committee to select!!

Promotions Secretary – Admin

HSE Development Officer – Rigger

Training Development Officer – Steve Gregory

+ 3 ( My first duty as Chairman) – AOM Podger Scaffy

I feel this committee will give the best start to the SCCR.

It will be in place for six months.

So sorry to hear about Rigger, he would of been a great asset to the SCCR.

In the wake of this announcement, i am prepared to take on the role of Health,Safety and Environment training officer, until a Candidate is wishing to be appointed.

I suggest, Scaffy appointed to Vice Chair, and a available post to be Balloted.
for a Committee role.

I would like to think the named Persons would consider a involvement. May i reiterate, this is my opinion, as we can not have a consensus without a Committee:-

xxxianxxx
dico
T animal
Bigbadbob
Chriseng
Orac

Sadly the Guru Mr Adams at this current time is pre-occupied.

Ragscaff has done the Donkey work, lets give the lad a chance.

Regards
Paddy
Committed to a fair deal for the Scaffolders.

Paddy has nominated himself so I would first him & also First Scaffy as vice chairman just need a second for both & a new number three committee member!!!

:eek:

Ragscaff

have u contacted any of the guys paddy named , chris eng has a wealth of knowledge and is well known in the industry

have u contacted any of the guys paddy named , chris eng has a wealth of knowledge and is well known in the industry

Never contacted anyone, it is just my personal perception mate.

There are many more learned guys sitting on the Forum, we just need, the intial Committment and willingness to provide some of their valuable time. The reason being this Admin work carried out by the Chairman has to be completed ASAP before we can even start making Inroads.

ChrisEng would be a (Signing up of Messi) proportion, however, we all have lives, and a volunteer role with backing is our aim. Let us know who would be available, Forum,Pm or visitor message.

Regards

Paddy
SCCR Committee

Just a note to express my regret at having to resign as your H&S development officer.But I will not have the time in the coming months to give the post the commitment it will require to do the job professionaly

I have no doubt from the membership a suitable candidate will emerge and serve on the committee with honour.I will make myself available in a back-office role for research ect to the new H&S rep,once I have sorted out my own difficulties.

im more than happy with that.. so ill 2nd it aswell..

I am also proposing that kevin34 who was going to be on my sub committee be voted onto the committee.....Trust me everybody this guy is damm good......

Last edited:
second kevin34 to take a + 3 role

Last edited:
Training and Development

Thanks very much for your proposal etc. I hope i can be a help and contribute to this great idea. unfortunately I will be overseas next week for a couple of weeks but hopefully I will have internet facilities.

A big well done to all the people concerned with this effort, I'm sure, with support, some good things will come from this.

Sorry to push ahead but the following changes to the committee have been made.

Paddy Carr is now HSE Development Officer
Scaffy is now Vice Chairman
Kevin34 is now a + 3 Committee member.

Ragscaff
Chairman
SCCR

A letter to the HSE regarding my new Appointment.

My name is Patrick Carr i am a UCATT Safety rep and member of IOSH with the post nominal Tech IOSH.

I have currently undertook the role of Health,Safety and Environment development Officer, within the newly formed Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights (SCCR) of which Stewart Quinney is our elected Chairman.

The background of this Confederation, i believe you are aware of.

My role hopefully, will be able to Correspond with you, and relay any information to the members of the SCCR, that is in their major interest.

In my current workplace i sit on the H&S Committee, as a result of Michael Brown HSE Inspector, enquiring about my companies provision for 'Worker Involvement'. I also have had the pleasure of attending TUC/HSE Training days. I have met with some of your Colleagues,namely, Carol Forster and Jonathon Willis both HSE inspectors, and have been consulted by both.

I for one cant see why the 'worker involvement' Program can not be adhered to a Job specific based Forum, containing over 2,700 individuals, that would in the majority would like to be involved in the process of Consultation regarding new practices and changes to the criteria ie ECITB,NVQs and Training practices.

Mr Quinney has E-mailed NASC,ECITB and CISRS and enquired about many aspects regarding the current state and future proposals of gaining a CISRS Scaffolders card. At this present time, all replys have been of a negative attitude, however, i would like to think we (SCCR)could impose on your heavy workload, and have a Voice in the consultation period.

I look forward to any response.

Best Regards

Patrick Carr Tech IOSH

HSE Development officer SCCR

In you we trust Paddy,couldnt be in better hands,unless it was blonde,slim,with come to bed eyes.lol.
Seriously a man of true quality on our behalf..

Don't shout me down but:_
1As a proffesional body we should not be displaying private e-mails to and from proffesional bodies ( as per the data protectionact)
2 we need to be talking to NVQ to associate E-CITB to our cause in my opinion
3 We require a legal represaantive as towards our cause
4 We rquire a legal rerpresentative as towards what the NASC have put forward is actuallt legal
in addition we require nvq trainers to supply us with course's that will qualify ecitb accredited scaffolders upto nvq3 level

Last edited:
Don't shout me down but:_
1As a proffesional body we should not be displaying private e-mails to and from proffesional bodies ( as per the data protectionact)
2 we need to be talking to NVQ to associate E-CITB to our cause in my opinion
3 We require a legal represaantive as towards our cause
4 We rquire a legal rerpresentative as towards what the NASC have put forward is actuallt legal
in addition we require nvq trainers to supply us with course's that will qualify ecitb accredited scaffolders upto nvq3 level

With all due respect Ian, on my letter i have deleted the recipients name. However, i thought our aim was to show all correspondence, as in our forerunner, Committee for Consultation Rights group, under Correspondence.

I apologise if i am wrong, but what happens in the Confederation,IMHO, is if its news, let the guys share it. In other words the Members and potential members need to know that we are actually doing something. At the end of the day the members are our Employers, they voted us in.

Best Regards
Paddy

Top Bottom