Sccr

Latest letter to the ECITB

30/12/10

Mr David Edwards
Chief Executive ECITB

Dear Mr Edwards,

Hope you had a good Holiday.

Thank you again for your reply to me in regards the ECITB scaffolders card.

Is it possible to gain the minutes from the meeting on the 7th October, I did contact Mr Jock Simpson & he suggested contacting Mr Tom Hardacre as he chaired the meeting. To date he has not returned either my calls, e-mails or letters.

Also it would help if I could have a copy of the research done in which it shows clearly that the majority of scaffolders under your scheme have now transferred over to the CISRS scheme. We could place that on our web site so our members can see the results of this research.

Did it take into account how many ECITB scaffolders may have gained their card through the ASRE scheme. This I have been told was extended to cover for the removal of the ECITB card. Yet I have some evidence that the notification of the removal was swiftly followed by the closure of the ASRE scheme.

Does the research show have many scaffolders had to pay for the training themselves & are they at the level they were at under the ECITB scheme? You have enclosed a questionnaire with the letters to your members which would indicate that this information is not known.

I am a bit confused as to the original meeting that decided the removal of the ECIB scaffolders card. I am led to believe that a Mr Robert Blackman from Unite the Union was a main player in this original meeting along with the ECITB, NASC, CITB & the National Committee for Construction. Do you not find it strange that Mr Blackman is listed as one of the CISRS scheme owners! Also there was a reference to a deal that was done?

In short what the SCCR is saying is the ECITB Scaffolders in general have more on site experience than most scaffolders starting out on the CISRS scheme. Why was there not a deal done that all ECITB card holders could be assessed at the level they were at & enter the new scheme at the same level with government funding.

Now your members are faced with an extra year where firms are going to say we won't accept your card & if they want to earn the money they were on say for an advanced scaffolder they have to go back into training with 18 year olds as trainees & carry out 3-4 years training without funding.

Not ideal I would say.

Our Industries in enough mess without this sort of situation getting out of hand. I wished that you had answered my e-mail of the 12th July or my letter of the 1/9/10 so we could have represented the working scaffolder at the meeting of the 7th October!! Scaffolders have to be recognised as skilled tradesmen & the industry needs all the guys with skill & experience to stay within its walls.

I await your reply

Yours Sincerely

S.Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

spot on as usual ragscaff be an interesting reply mate.

well done on the sccr welcome page finnaly managed to get on well done to all the hard work thats been done to get this up and running ragscaff and sccr. well done great site.

Ragscaff

Perhaps you could post Mr Edwards e-mail contact details and we could ALL send him our regards and best wishes for 2011...;)

Mr Edwards, if by chance you view this Site in General and this Thread in Particular, perhaps, when you get a moment of quiet refelction you would do us the common curtisy of a reply...

Garry...

The SCCR is moving forward & we need to be careful in what we do. Anyone can gain the e-mail address by searching for it. But if we are going to progress a central voice is more effective. When I feel we are not getting anywhere them I will call on all to contact several Industry bodies in relation to this matter but we need to be professional about this.

After all if you had loads of e-mails slagging you off you would turn your back on the situation completely.

We are getting somewhere lets be a bit more patiant.

Stewart

ragscaff

Your quite right, just that emotions run high sometimes, just wanted to put one accross Mr Edwards Bow, apoligies---best to maintain a Proffecianal stance...

Garry...

Sterling work stewart, and all at the SCCR. thanks for all your hard work, best wishes for 2011.:blink1::cool:

Well done Ragscaff and all the best for 2011 I guess I best bring £10 to Bridgend

Spot on Stewart all the best for 2011 and keep up the good work.

Top Man

The SCCR is moving forward & we need to be careful in what we do. Anyone can gain the e-mail address by searching for it. But if we are going to progress a central voice is more effective. When I feel we are not getting anywhere them I will call on all to contact several Industry bodies in relation to this matter but we need to be professional about this.

After all if you had loads of e-mails slagging you off you would turn your back on the situation completely.

We are getting somewhere lets be a bit more patiant.

Stewart

Stewart, I agree here as a structured approach is the best way. If Bob Blackman is so influential he may have the power to offer an olive branch to the ECITB scaffs. A face to face meeting would be the best way.

The main problem with that, Bob Blackman retired & he,s replacement does not want to talk to me, the SCCR or his own members!

Any Unite members can write or e-mail Tom Hardacre & ask him the following.

1/ Why did the union not agree a deal for the ECITB membership to gain assessed route of access into the CISRS scheme?

2/ Why is a union representative named as a scheme owner of the CISRS scheme?

3/ What is the point of an extra year with a ticket that has been made usless by this action & no funding available to transfer to the CISRS scheme form trainee stage?

4/ Why won't you talk with the SCCR?

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman

Hi Ragscaff looks like the digging is paying off , well done mate. Do you think there is enough evidence for a court case there seems to be some very dodgy deals that have been done. Good luck mate and I would suggest anyone who has held the ecitb ticket to get in touch with the sccr. I would imagine theres a few more skeletons hiding in the corporate canteen.

Latest e-mail to Union.

Dear Mr Tom Hardacre,

Please find some of the following information in referance to contact made to you over the past few months.

E-mail 12/9/10

"Dear Mr Hardacre,

I am contacting you in regards the ECITB scaffolders who are members of the SCCR.

First I wish to introduce myself, my name is Stewart Quinney, I am the founding member for the SCCR (Scaffolders, Confederation for Consultation Rights).

We were set up with the following as main issues, the ECITB, Health & Safety restrictions & poor training in the industry.

I have been passed a copy of a letter you sent to Ian Harris amongst other documents in regards the ECITB issue. There have been quite a few references to a deal that was supposed to be done to protect the earnings of the ECITB scaffolders in respect of a training card. I have contacted the ECITB, NASC, CISRS, CITB & a couple of MPs. So far they all seem to be happy that these guys with years of experience have been cast aside. They are all happy with the CISRS doing their own thing without consultation in any way.

Have you heard anything back in regards this matter. I have tried contacting David Edwards with no reply & Nigel Spencer has washed his hands of the situation & said we need to go to the Joint Council as the Unions made a deal!

I look forward to any comments on the above.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR
"
E-mail sent 6/12/10

"Dear Mr Hardacre,

I have tried on several occasions to contact you in regards the ECITB scaffolders card.

Mr Jock Simpson of the National Joint Council suggested I contacted you in relation to the meeting held at his office on the 7th October. He said you would be able to send me a copy of the minutes of this meeting.

One of our members who is also a member of the Union has informed me today that he has had a letter stating his ticket is now valid till next year 2011 can you please comment on this & let me know what the plan is with regards this ticket. I have also contacted the ECITB in regards these issues.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

Correspondence is available to the membership of the SCCR"

I have been asked some of our members to contact you direct & ask these questions, and see if i can get a reply to the problem,

1/ Why did the union not agree a deal for the ECITB membership to gain assessed route of access into the CISRS scheme?

2/ Why is a union representative named as a scheme owner of the CISRS scheme?

3/ What is the point of an extra year with a ticket that has been made useless by this action & no funding available to transfer to the CISRS scheme from trainee stage?

4/ Why won't you talk with the SCCR?

I know you have replyed to one member as follows.

, 02 Jan

Q1
The question seems to imply a "deal" at some time was offered to the union, to my knowledge no "deal" was ever offered. ( I need some clarity) Please also note CISRS well not accept the assessment route for competency, has I have explained to you in previously. What was the role of the Union in relation to workers losing their livelihood by this action. Why was there not a deal in place when the decision was made to remove the ECITB scaffolders card. You have members that have 20 years experience how can they be put back to trainee? The Industry needs skills to stay in its ranks not be pushed out!! I have been informed by a source at the ECITB that an offer was made around the time the ASRE was extended. If CISRS are not accepting the ASRE as competency then about another 8-10,000 scaffolders will be affected by this!!

Q2
The latest CISRS pamphlet on the website names both Alan Ritchie and Bob Blackman as "scheme owners". This is merely a term used to imply an endorsement of the scheme rather than literal ownership, as CISRS is part of the CSCS scheme. Why would the Union endorse a scheme that is not helping all its members & is a record scheme?

Q3
This is merely an attempt to help scaffolders get onto the CISRS scheme by giving additional time to enrol. Now this is two years late in sorting how will your members get funding to spend 2-4 years training to get the ticket they had under the ECITB?

Q4
I need to know what you believe SCCR is and are/will be able to achieve?. I am also not sure who SCCR are and I have not been able to locate them on line. Info is contained in all the e-mails sent to you & Jenny Parker & left messages with your office when I phoned & contained in the two letters I sent in relation to wanting to attend the October 7th meeting.

Look forward to talking with you.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

Correspondence is available to the membership of the SCCR

--
sccr@sky.com Welcome to The SCCR

Spot on Stewart, lets see if he will start talking to you and the SCCR. yet again thanks for all your time and the SCCR on your efforts for us lads:blink1:

Top Bottom