Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

No Time

Sorry Alastair, no time for setting up the photo's today:embarrest:. In Saint Helens tomorrow so might be able to do it then. If not will be Monday.

Hi Alastair,

Sorry for the delay in the post. On a job today and arranged the returns as the pics show. Always oversailing the return boards and securing with a toe board the width of the platform then continuing the toe boarding from the last inside board will pin down the end of the return fleet which I'm sure you've already done or something similar. May take a minute more in the planning but the results look great and no extra unit needed.:p

Let me know what you think, cheers.

Attachments

• Return solution 1.jpg
    Return solution 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Return solution 2.jpg
    Return solution 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 41
Ahh!!!! thats where you buggered of to today?taking pics!!looks good though our kid!!!

Hi Alastair,

Sorry for the delay in the post. On a job today and arranged the returns as the pics show. Always oversailing the return boards and securing with a toe board the width of the platform then continuing the toe boarding from the last inside board will pin down the end of the return fleet which I'm sure you've already done or something similar. May take a minute more in the planning but the results look great and no extra unit needed.:p

Let me know what you think, cheers.

Full lap on return boards ?? Looks crap and more often than not you end up putting an extra fleet of boards down.

Needs much improvement .

The 'full lap' return shown in the photo's is a solution to securing the end of the fleet when the ledger is not available to secure the Safelinx to. Personally I think it's tidy and has proved an effective method. The 'trip hazard' element is reduced to one continuous edge rather than multiple board edges.

Cheers Babyscaff
Worked on loads of jobs with boards like that, we all have I think. P.M me with your contact details and I'll get some samples to you.
Nick.

Crap Boards

Don't let the hotter weather dry out your board stock and create trip hazards for everyone on the job. Safelinx really does reduce if not negate this risk. Your end user deserves the best job possible.

Attachments

• Crap boards.jpg
    Crap boards.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 22
Safelinx trial for Bovis Lend Lease in the next couple of weeks!! Any one else want to try the ultimate finish for their jobs?

Looks a nice bit of kit Nick, Have you made any overseas sales? What thickness of boards do these cover?

How do yo strap down the inside boards?
How do you strap down say the 2 10' boards behind the ladder when in a fleet of 13's ?
Can you use any old zip tie or do they have to be a specific grade against wear and tear, UV Light ,wind ?

Hello Red Viking,

Hope you and your dad are well. The inside boards can be secured as part of the main body, a couple of single or double units (depends on the inside board configuration) will come in handy anywhere the standard meets the butt joint. Also the inside boards can be secured separately with the appropriate length unit and would be better done that way if you are using the Extenda transoms. The 2 board Safelinx can also be used mid run as in the ladder access. The cable ties we used during testing were 370mm x 7.6mm with a tensile strength of 54.4kgs. U.v. protected cable ties are available but it depends on the duration of the job as to whether or not you would choose to use them.

Samples

Hi Scaffy

Posted 2 lots on the 5th, one definately arrived yesterday so hopefully yours will be there tomorrow.

Top Bottom