Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

Hi Nick,

Sorry for not answering your texts but time has been really short lately. You came to mind today when speaking with yet another safety guy from an Irish company called Graham's. He was very interested in hearing all about your units and reckoned he had someone who would bite your hand off to get them. Unfortunately I couldn't put my hand on your contact details but told him to google Flynn & Dawson but noticed you have changed your user name on here and wondered if your business name had changed as well. Either way, your units are still performing well despite some course treatment from the boy's and January gales in May.

Any time you fancy it Nik. It would help if your a golfer as we have a couple of descent jobs renovating a couple of hotels for a golf course. As soon as you saw the location you would realise how important fixing the boards down really is here. Google Machrihanish golf course to give you an idea.

Hell Fire

Hope I won't be driving into the prevailing wind!!! Mind you, seems like everyone will...If it aids the renovation.....FOUR.:amazed:

Attachments

• scottishlinksgolf.jpg
    scottishlinksgolf.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
Haha, nice one. Looks lovely there, but there is big plans for an off shore wind farm just to the left. Pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Looks like an amazing project, stay in touch and look forward to visiting when you are on site. I will bring next generation of Safelinx and new product to look at...

Hi Nick, sorry for the short notice but I need another 100 of your units as soon as you like please. Same address as before.

Safelink

Hi. Like the idea of the product. It would be great if it would do away with the need to tie boards down as I could see a major cost saving there. However I'd have a problem relying on cable ties. Presumably scaffolders would also need safety knives to cut the ties when dismantling?

Nick
Sorry to ask but does this system work on towers ? Ie 1 set of boards and what about internal ladder access ? Are they fire proof ? Fit for offshore ?

Last edited:
Hi RV,

I can honestly say these are the worst knives for cutting cable ties on retainers I've ever used. Admittedly, we probably are using a slightly broader and thicker tie than recommended but the small snips are the dogs for it.

Cable ties

Hi. Like the idea of the product. It would be great if it would do away with the need to tie boards down as I could see a major cost saving there. However I'd have a problem relying on cable ties. Presumably scaffolders would also need safety knives to cut the ties when dismantling?

Hi Howard

Thanks for your interest, the cable tie element is for securing against the wind uplift and they are surprisingly fit for purpose. When we tested the units the cable ties didn't fail the unit did at the securing hole, I am moving the hole further back to add strength but with a kn reading of 3.2 they are doing great already. Most scaffs carry a good knife as part of their kit or simply use their spanner end to cut. Surprising how efficient we are at that. The cost of the cable ties becomes neglegable when bought in bulk, as you would if you knew you were using Safelinx continually and you can also offset this against the cost of the lube to service your fittings and the manpower costs to do the servicing.

Thanks again for your comment.

Nick

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Cheers R.V.

Will pass on the info.

Nick.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Hi Alastair

Seems that a good pair of snips would be a good way to deal with the thicker ties.

Nick

P.S. Going to stick a couple of units on the next delivery that are a different material, would appreciate your view.

Nice one Nick, never been afraid to share my views.:embarrest:

Hi Andyf8686

The ladder access element of your question can be dealt with by a 2 board wide unit if it is behind the ladder and not the access and egress side, a point I failed to point out when Red Viking asked the question, I am working on variations as we speak for all the other applications where Safelinx could be applied, I recently presented for the Midlands Construction Safety Association where a similar senario came up, the chair of the commitee said in response to a barrage of questions that, "You can never solve every problem with one solution, solving 98% of the problem with one solution is a damn good start (or words to that effect). As for the 'Fire proof' element of your question at the moment there is no flame retardent additive, I feel the unit in the main would not be suitable to most of the intricate work around pipes, avoiding this, going round that. Although having said that, you would be more in the know regarding Safelinx's suitability for the offshore environment and a flame retardant additive is a definate option, let me know your feelings.

Thanks for the post.

Nick.
I recently did a presentation for the Midlands Construction Safety Association

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Hi Alastair

I knew I could count on you. P.M me first, it's just an experiment with the material.

Cheers.

Nick

Mars

Wondered what was going on when I got some great feedback from MARS today..:eek:

New I was getting somewhere but that was a surprise.

Safelinx being used by a customer and back slapped by MARS confectionary :D

hi ya nick
belive interserve are interested in trials after viewing the you tube video?onwards and upwards as i always say,well done you and speak soon!!

Top Bottom