Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

Longcross Construction to recommend Safelinx to their preferred suppliers as best practice item.......:nuts:

all received will have a play with them today and see how they go

cheers nick

Samples

Hi Scaffy

Tried posting this 3 times! How did the samples go? If you found them a little stiff they do relax after a few uses. If wind isn't an issue then they work great without just to secure and neaten up the platform.

Flynn

Honest mate sent em out with a lad and ive yet to have gone back to work today as got sidetrakked in a pub !!! I shall let u know in morn mate
Refresh me on the prices bud ( by pm if u prefer)

Sidetrack

Hi Chris

Could have done with a pub stop this aft myself. Prices are £5.00 per unit for a 5 board gauge up to 500 units, decided to blanket the price with incremental drops after 500. Larger quantities or special order sizes/colours I will quote on.

You really do need to get to see them on the job for yourself if you have the time though, that's the deal maker. :blink1:

Give me a call when he reports back.

Nick

Will do skipper .... It was an unplanned refreshment break that went wrong

Can Safelinx deal with warped boards?

I was asked today and on many occasions "Can Safelinx deal with warped boards?"

I pointed them to the Scaffolders Forum and said to look at the before and after shots I am posting..

Attachments

• Safelinx before.jpg
    Safelinx before.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Safelinx after.jpg
    Safelinx after.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
Safelinx

• I've had a look at the video and I think you have a good bit of kit there. I think this device could make a big dent in the statistics with regard to slips, trip and falls on the actual scaffold. They way its erected is in line with the training requirements, well done Nick, and hope it all goes well for you.

Quote from Linked in.
:nuts:

Last edited:
Nick great product our guys like them will upload pics and comments over weekend , an order will follow next week mate

Cheers

Cheers

Great news, glad the lads like it, that is a big part of it's success. Give me a call with regard to the order. Looking forward to the pics and comments.

Nick

'beats the lashing' , ' safer than overgridding tube ' , ' be interesting to see how they perform in the winter'

Left the Mark I sample outside in the freezing condions last winter and then proceeded to smash it against my garden wall with only a chip off one corner! Maybe AOM can comment on their durability in the winter months. The HDPE they are made from has an amazing temperature range. AOM?

Winter

Hi Scaffy

I've been looking into the 'winter' aspect of one of your comments and after freezing 3 samples I performed the following tests.

1st sample, frozen for 3 hours. Smashed against concrete viciously with fractures on upper wing ( board integrity still maintained ). Fractured element pulled back to try to tear the wing more, 1/4" managed (see photo).
Second abusive test, striking the unit against edge of solid concrete block. Resultant damage, minor impact evidence (see photo).

2nd sample, frozen overnight. Subjected to same punishment with the resultant damage no split and same impact edge markings.

3rd sample, still to be tested.

The test results can be replicated and I hope to have definitive wind tunnel test results very soon.

In the mean time, there is no better finish to your scaffolds.

Attachments

• Sriking damage when frozen.JPG
    Sriking damage when frozen.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Striking against curb damage when frozen.JPG
    Striking against curb damage when frozen.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 16
Nick,

Have fitted the board joint strip on a 4 + 1 board lift. The boards are old and not brand new for the trial.1 or 2 were twisted but once the Safelinx was inserted fully the walkway had no trip hazards. They were easy to fit and do a great job.

Regards,

Mark

Ellmer

Attachments

• underside_of_joint_to_a_4_board_1_inside_lift.jpg
    underside_of_joint_to_a_4_board_1_inside_lift.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
  • wlkway_joint_to_a_4_board_lift.jpg
    wlkway_joint_to_a_4_board_lift.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 20
Hello

Hello, I am Susan from Coronet Scaffold of China. This is my first time to visit the Scaffold Forum.

Hope to communicate with all regarding China producing scaffolding issues. And what about the scaffolding cost, safety, etc...

:idea:

SIMEAN RISK like SAFELINX. Samples to be left in each of their 11 classrooms @ their Warrington and London training centres. Meeting went well...:cool:

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Hi Susan

Will you PM me your contact details?

Nick.

do us a hundred nick and we go from there mate

blueger

Hi the safelinx system seems ok but you mention using tie wraps to secure it are they not a weak link?. Question from blueger.

When I tested the units at a local university I got a reading of 3.2kn before failure when the unit broke at the securing point, the 7.5mm wide cable tie survived. They are a lot stronger than people give them credit for, 7.5 mm have a 55kg tensile strength and when you get to 9mm they have a 71kg strength.

Hope this answers your question.:blink1:

Top Bottom