Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

By the way, Safelinx secures the boards to the scaffold using cable ties around the ledger or transom if more convenient, it does a fantastic job as the feedback from the thread shows.

Hi numbnuts,

I don't know anything regarding these other ties but I can tell you these ties certainly work and keep the boards fitted down in high wind conditions and heavy traffic. I bought a few and I am know using them regularly and feel it's only a matter of time before they are in every day use for all.
hi aom,im not slaging these off,i think they will do the job designed for,but after using the ones im on about,on a block of flats,at two hundred ft ,big wind factor,these ones would probly fail,the ones im on about,didnt,we tested them for months,and not one board moved,in winter conditions.im not after any arguement with anyone,its just a bit of a shock,when you see something like what you have worked with ten year earlier being used.as if its just been invented.if you know the trannys im on about,the yellow jack finger trapping stuff,you will have an idea how they would work like these,when turned upside down and placed on the ends of the boards like these ones.alittle bit of fabrication,and theres a board tie.

Would be good to see. Did he do all the welding etc. himself?

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Don't be fooled by the plastic Numbnuts, tested to 3.2 kn of uplift, the board would have to bow over 200mm to come out of one of these things. Good temperature range too, my brother has samples in Gibraltar and they are doing great.

By the way, Safelinx secures the boards to the scaffold using cable ties around the ledger or transom if more convenient, it does a fantastic job as the feedback from the thread shows.

i dont know if he did the welding or not,he just turned up in the morning with **** loads of them to be put on the job as a test,he was subbying for gkn manchester at the time,so didnt even tell them he was testing them.it might be in your intrest to talk to him about using his design,then you can all get rich.he kind of stopped scaffolding when his wife died,so he might not be alive now,i dont know,im sure your ties with the zip ties holding them down work.but his were not to be beaten for holding boards down,when you tightened the fitting up,the tranny kind of dug in the boards to hold them.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

whats tested the zip ties.:amazed:to 3.2 kilonewtons.

Don't want to sound offended but Safelinx is NOT his design, If you have any doubts as to the effectiveness of my design then allow me to send you a couple of units to satisfy them.

please read my posts tonight,as if i have had two valium.im not slagging your design.its just my observations.if you say you havent seen stes design,then fair enough,but i have ,and cant help but let you know.i will send you one or two of his if i get some off him.no problem.

Numbnuts,

No worries, it just grates a little that people could think the same after all the work that has gone into this product, Ste's does sound similar and I see your point of view but every step of the way this has been a development from an idea of my own. Hope you don't find similarities in our next products, I'll run them by you first..under confidentiality agreement of course.lol.:toung:

no worrys mate,:blink1:and i will ask ste if you want to see him about using his design to,then you all win.i dont want any one to have bad feelings on this episode,like all true scaffs im getting drunk now.have a beer on me mate.:D thick skinned scaffs ya know.:cool:

Will be able to post some new photos of our Safelinx trial with Loncross Construcion today. Scaffolding courtesy of AA Scaffolding subbied out to Intercity.

Met two great lads today, Eric and Andy who trialed the units on an Easyfix/Readylock independant. They were impressed with the ease of install and also the solid, tidy job they supplied. Will find out what Longcross' Health and Safety department think in the next couple of days.

All in all a very good day.:cheesy:

As promised... the photos of the Longcross Construction Safelinx trial from last week.

Attachments

• Without Safeinx.jpg
    Without Safeinx.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Next-carpet.jpg
    Next-carpet.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Neat on Readylock 2.jpg
    Neat on Readylock 2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Before Safelinx.jpg
    Before Safelinx.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Solid surface 2.jpg
    Solid surface 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 30
cheers for the piccys,i also being of my word,went to see ste today,the problem is,that he moved five years ago,i dont know were to yet,but will find him somehow.:D

cheers for the piccys,i also being of my word,went to see ste today,the problem is,that he moved five years ago,i dont know were to yet,but will find him somehow.:D
Numbnuts. Try the scaffolders re-united thread. Might be someone out there will pick up on it.

Returned to the Longcross trial in Queensbury this morning, Health and Safety there next week to inspect Safelinx.

Brickies foreman gave us quote, 'Anything that works like this unit does is a good thing, our safety on the scaffold is paramount and Safelinx makes the working platform a continuous, secure place to work. I love it.'

Not bad press...

i bought a cupple of hundred of them to use on a council contract and to be fair to nick these are the dogs nuts , a must if you use easy fix as the 3 inch gap for toaboards allow the boards to move about and makes the boards luk like ****, i used them with sum badly warped brand new boards , put them on upside down , and once there on u wudnt even know they were warped. tuk a bit to get em on though saved es haven to pak em up to be sorted especialy at £8.80 a board happy days///

I agree siv1980, no problems getting them on but have to admit to doing it from above rather than from below. We found them a bit sticky to come of but again cable ties were too big and no knife.:embarrest: We think their the dogs as well. We have to do a ramp for a mini-crane next week, the drawing hasn't made any allowance for fixing the boards down and I was thinking of trying them on that as well.

Hi siv1980,

Glad to hear things working well, will try to get up in the next couple of weeks for some piccys. Thanks for the feedback, could be invaluable in the coming week, meetings to do and people to impress, your words will go a long way.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Hi AOM,
Again thanks for your fantastic feedback, let us know how the ramp goes, 7.5mm cable ties and I always had to borrow my brothers knife. lol.

Cheers.

New boards.

Just had feedback from trial with KIER.

They ran side by side runs of new boards, one secured using Safelinx and the other without and found the unsecured boards warped over the trial duration and the ones using Safelinx remained unwarped...

New selling point, cheers KIER.:nuts:

Philliosmaximus,
Not to be evasive but the unit price really does depend on the quantity. If you have a number for a quote in mind we would gladly look at it, if you would like to PM us your contact details. If it was just a curious question we have always worked on being price comparable with the equivalent number of board clips or limpets.
Hope this gives you an idea of the value, to be the same price or comparable with the other methods and have all the other benefits thrown in seems a damn good deal to me, but I am biased.:bigsmile:

Siv 1980

Long drive for some photo's of Safelinx in use yesterday. Met up with Siv1980 on one of his many many jobs in the area. Excellent tidy jobs, man with pride in his work. Tradesmen all over the scaffold, roofing going on, men up and down from the roof onto the working lift, boards exactly where they were put down (on readylock) after 2 weeks of work...Siv gave me some food for thought and excellent feedback.

I would like to thank Siv for his feedback and hope his business continues to prosper. Photo's coming.

Carlisle photo's

Carlisle photo's.

Attachments

• Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 002.jpg
    Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 002.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 003.jpg
    Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 003.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 004.jpg
    Carlisle 09-09-10 Advanced Scaffolding 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 42