Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board (1 Viewer)

Nice tidy job mate, How do you put pics on the Post:):smile1:;):D

The button with the paperclip on it next to the smiley face in the menu at the top, press it and it opens up a new box. Hit the browse button next to the 'Upload File from your Computer', select the file and press open and the 'Upload' button. You can add multiple photos at the same time, once done just close the window.

By the way Paddy, what do you think to the Safelinx system???

Only kidding mate.

As my thread 'We are getting there' states, this is all a learning curve. Tinheads showed me how to post pics. The knowledge to be gleened off this site is second to none, why pay UNI dues, when this is for nowt.

You don't need to tell me about a learning curve paddy, I think all my posts have been questions rather than answers.

Cuplok

Hi AOM,

Just wondering how he units were keeping the boards together on the loose Cuplok gauge? A lot of companies are using the animals and suffering with the boards spreading, exploring how Safelinx helps to stop the spread.. Would be good to have your first hand feedback.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I was away for a while. In answer to your question I wouldn't say we had a problem with movement now, the only retainers I have noticed moving were the ones on the returns that were fixed to the ledger rather than the transom and they could be easily kicked off. In fairness I haven't been back at the cup lok job where I posted the pics but will make a point of checking it out next time I'm there and let you know what I find.

Toolbox talk.

AOM,

Thanks for the reply and the info on the cuplok would be great when you have it.

We are preparing a tool box talk on the return board issue, we have a couple of solutions and your thoughts would be welcomed ,(being the pioneer that you are).

Cheers once again.

Last edited:
Longcross Construction Trial.

Will be able to post some new photos of our Safelinx trial with Loncross Construcion today. Scaffolding courtesy of AA Scaffolding subbied out to Intercity.

Met two great lads today, Eric and Andy who trialed the units on an Easyfix/Readylock independant. They were impressed with the ease of install and also the solid, tidy job they supplied. Will find out what Longcross' Health and Safety department think in the next couple of days.

All in all a very good day.:cheesy:

Attention of flynnanddawson..........i work for Generation and met up last week with your man in Blackburn, I live in Burnley but work local for Generation i dont suppose you have a sample of the product i coul show my customers if they are interested we would stock it for sale .....Paul @ Gen

Attention of flynnanddawson..........i work for Generation and met up last week with your man in Blackburn, I live in Burnley but work local for Generation i dont suppose you have a sample of the product i coul show my customers if they are interested we would stock it for sale .....Paul @ Gen

I can definately get a sample or two to you, PM me your phone number and email address and I will arrange to meet up.

Hi AOM,

Just wondering how he units were keeping the boards together on the loose Cuplok gauge? A lot of companies are using the animals and suffering with the boards spreading, exploring how Safelinx helps to stop the spread.. Would be good to have your first hand feedback.

Cheers.

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay again, no pics I'm afraid(aint no RedViking) I passed the job today and whilst there was not a great deal of work done on the house the boards were still in the correct position with no signs of any movement despite some large gusts of substantial wind. I'm not saying we have had 100 mph winds yet but we certainly have had gusts up to 70mph. In short, I don't think there is a problem on the loose gauge system scaffolds, as I said the only movement we have seen since using the retainers is on the returns.

Return issue.

Hi AOM,
Don't worry about the delay the feedback is well worth the wait. Did a demonstration a couple of days ago and we approached the returns in two ways,

1) Returning from the inside board using the gap made by the inside standard to secure to the ledger. Not the prettiest but secure.

2) Returning from a Safelinx backed up against the toe board of the original independant, looks less likely to be considered a trip hazzard, even though the Safelinx on the 1) method isn't any higher than the board.

We are looking into producing a return Safelinx or a simple method of altering a unit to suit. Will keep you posted.

Cheers again.

ste hepworth invented board ties that held boards down like this.we used them on the seven sisters flats in rochdale,has he seen these things yet.:eek:and he lives in padiham.and that was about ten years ago.

Board straps.

Talking to a very knowlegeable guy last year, he's on the forum and could shed more light on this. Ste's tie was a strap that hooks under the ledger and is pinned down by the toe board.

As far as we are aware and the patent search says, there is no patented product that works in the same way as our product. Although the other tie secures a fleet, it works in a completely differant way.

As ever, where there's a hit there's a writ.:suspicious:

i can tell you ,that stes tie was made from a yellow jack transom,turned upside down,with a hook on one end that went under the ledger,and a single fitting on the other end,that fastened to the other ledger.nowt to do with toe board holding it down,it held both fleets of boards down very well.i know he was after patenting it when i was working with him.he said he wernt bothered if he only made fifty grand out of it.im not trying to cause trouble here,its just my observation.:cool:i look forward to the knowlegable persons explanation.

Last edited:
you must have come across something to have the knowlegable person tell you how it worked.in my eyes,it worked better than this one.as it ties the boards down tightly.how does yours hold the boards down.or does it not,does it just make the ends of boards stay together.

I brought the subject up of securing the boards and the prospect of approaching a certain company with an idea when the knowledgeable person described what I thought was a board tie the way I described it to you, I haven't seen the version you are on about, I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I AM saying when I had the idea for Safelinx I had no knowledge of a similar method of fixing down the boards.

you must have come across something to have the knowlegable person tell you how it worked.in my eyes,it worked better than this one.as it ties the boards down tightly.how does yours hold the boards down.or does it not,does it just make the ends of boards stay together.

Hi numbnuts,

I don't know anything regarding these other ties but I can tell you these ties certainly work and keep the boards fitted down in high wind conditions and heavy traffic. I bought a few and I am know using them regularly and feel it's only a matter of time before they are in every day use for all.

if i have time tomorow,i will go and see ste,and see if he still has some of them,and if he will let me have a couple,i will post pics on here for you.;)

Top Bottom