whats the best "double" you have worked with and why

simian

ye,I used them on the Fulmar for walk ways on the cylindrical steel work, good for flare booms also and I believe they are using then in the Manufacture of Wind Turbines in Scotland.

Spider Deck work :bigsmile: happy days, would erect a Scaffold and finish day shift, come morning the Scaffold had been washed away :eek:---kept us in a Job though ;)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Ken

The Mills P.C. good bit of quality kit and giving years of service with no gouged or dimpled damage to Tube. We used to used them to hang our butt tube from the underside of steel for our droppers.

Mills P.C. PicsSTA60584.jpg

Attachments

• STA60583.jpg
    STA60583.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 14
  • STA60586.jpg
    STA60586.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 16
  • STA60587.jpg
    STA60587.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
  • STA60588.jpg
    STA60588.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 15
sorry lads theres only 1 tried and tested method to fasten tude to steel , flat clip and packing best use the wood of a broken pallet trust me its never let me my father and my fathers father down yet .

You can also clip 2 lapped kickboards with a hook it goes over the 2.

Kendodd

I got to say that iv used that method as well as Mills P.C. and SGB DH/hooks with a spigot in place of wood, and I must say I never seen any of the butts fail, it's not that the older methods were wrong at the time, it's just new style fittings are perceived to be more acceptable, I was working with a Norwegian Company Last year and they use chains for their droppers, does that make their method any more unsafe or safe ???.

Garry...

I personally like the Presco double as they are nice to work with as opposed to the Boulten (Sticky) double.

100% Agree.

• Presco doubles for me are the best - easiest to work with.
  • Boulton doubles are shiite, beyond belief... only good for check fittings.
  • Drop forge doubles aint bad, sometimes the cheaper ones twist though.
  • Mills doubles aint bad either.

I try to avoid using Boultons as much as i can, hate those doubles, lol.

Got to be Presco for me ...... never had a "dropper" yet ( when the gate of double drops leaving you with a face full of ledger :mad: )

Only seen it a few times.
Luckily enough, never had a tube whack me in the face coz of it though.

presco i thick are the best to work with boltons **** drop forge ok but fine you can not use podger on some of them because of the gate

one that works and one that ante rusty and one that ante covered in oil as long as it does the job do the fooker up or undo it!!!!

presco for speed, but they twist easy when forced, drop forged are good if serviced and Boultons really good for loading bays n stuff. Mills' for droppers, hangers and truss outs!

for price def the speed of the presco!

Do you honestly still use these Sabretiger? I know they are a good fitting but all I see now is pressed steel.

Top Bottom