Westminster scaffolding

mills > GKN MILLS > GKN KWIKFORM > KWIKFORM UK > FK Multiservices > Interserve

That firm has some names over the years , bit like DSL

Hi scaffy wasnt there a Finchams in there as well between Kwikform uk and FK Multiservices ? Directors sold it to interserve and 1 director set up Rainham Sevices which is very successful:)

collapse

whos scaffold was that fell over the side of tower bridge
g/morning scaffy
the scaffold belonged to abbey tommy lowe [tommyeye] one of the owner brothers was running the job the main tower on the southside to the right hand of the tower the scaffold was 120ft high by 40ft long fully boarded . monday morning about 9.30 it was chucking it down and blowing a gale the abbey guys had just gone down to the cat and cucumber cafe for breakfast me and my mate were doing all the bridge internal scaffolds for bill leane after the dust had died down we went topsides to have a butchers this independant was now a hanger in the thames with all the boards merrily bobbing thier way down the thames towards bow. i could go on but needless to say abbey got hit with a massive h/s fine £95,000 i heard.

lapta

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

gig you mean that slimey **** brain parsons/
hi scaff11
the guy who was the owner/md of admiral was don bostal proper wrong un

lapta

yeh fincham industrial which became fk multiservices whilst owned by bandt (brown and tawse) then got brought out by Interserve (RMD DOUGLAS > Tilbury Douglas)

lapta interesting story never heard that b4

Tg20

Sorry to interrupt this thread but I can't figure out how to start a new one.
What's everyone's opinion of NASC TG20:08 Vol 1 and 2.

I've been away from the design area since before TG20:08 came in and
I've just had to try to get my head round it after 30 years of being permitted to use commonsense and design when necessary with no accidents etc.
I bet designers are delighted with the increased income.

if you click on main forum sub section header should be a link to post a new message

My opinion is a load of macca , very contradictory and full of stickers of amendments , dont agree with a lot of the amendments to what was BS5973 to be honest.
But on the other hand a lot of time and money was invested in it

I agree with what you say , we are using designers at least every month now , usually on stuff that common sense would dictate what to do in the situation

Are you a contractor ??

Believe that QFS is run by ex westminster staff as the original Quick Fix Scaffold co was part of the group.

Partly correct

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I saw Kevin Clifford last week, if you want me to pass on a message let me know

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

what bout ferguson keene and pylon other east london legends.

I worked for Fergy Keene about 20 years ago, his son Bruce owned Pylon then they joined forces to create FK Pylon, then he split away to start up Boss scaffolding, I think his dad Richard then started HYSaff.
:nuts:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Hi All

I think Austin Penn worked at Westminster and then went to set up Stort Scaffolding when it went pop.

Hi Chris
your correct

hows things?

Scaff longtime no hear - still busy then mate , i was working on the basis of i have an original westminster brochure which showed qfs old logo on it , wernt the greenhams involved with Westminster as well ???? BBEA and all that ????
Whos kevin clifford ???

Think Boss still trades have seen signboard in covent garden a few month ago

Hi Scaff
Welcome back mate.

First Garry Adams last night, Scaff today, all we need now is PW, Phil Mc cree and Tinheads, old days mate.

Regards
Paddy

that was about the time i was on Ferggi scaff , they were just in the back of Cambridge Heath hahahaha i had to strike Bruces racks when they all collapsed up by the canal what a mess that was

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

thats him scaffy he owns a trout farm somewhere now , he makes my begging boards up

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

scaffy you know what we need here mate is a live chat room like they have on other sites where you can just chat with whoever is in the room

that was about the time i was on Ferggi scaff , they were just in the back of Cambridge Heath hahahaha i had to strike Bruces racks when they all collapsed up by the canal what a mess that was

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

thats him scaffy he owns a trout farm somewhere now , he makes my begging boards up

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

scaffy you know what we need here mate is a live chat room like they have on other sites where you can just chat with whoever is in the room

SF Admin had been requested about the live chatroom issue, however there was a problem relating to this,.See Suggestions and Feedback mate.

yeh someone suggested that before mate - think was a no go , cambridge heath road mate used to go to tommy welch up there ,, mowlem street

begging boards wtf

never heard that before - new one on me , you still usin that tuxebo

i know the place but never bought anything there , i also used to use Dennis Smale in Godstone , now just use Trads or Tones

Anyone know how to unsubscribe from a thread. I'm getting bombarded with emails!!

iam ,Tuxebo drives me ******* crazy no one on there knows what they want , i have won some work of there but nothing worth talking about , a lot of them want it like tomorrow lol

yeh we had a few off there all for half ounces of baccy that dont want to pay FA , lost one to you as well !!
Good idea in theory , our man prices them all but the success is minimal , whos knocking secondhand tube out at mo mate u got any numbers ??? All i can get is new at the min

Top Bottom