Westminster scaffolding

couldnt guess who that would be

so phill what other legends was there in the 90s i missed

Well there was Boss. I think that they had something to do with FK Pylon, although apart from that infamous documentary, I don't really know that much about them.
Unique had a fair amount around in those days, dunno how they're getting on these days?
Gaynor & Headley? surely nobody remembers them??

yeh gaynor and headley was based in greenwich , boss was fk pylon hyscaff and all that too , ive got the vid , trying to get uploaded to you tube at min but a fkin mission

unique still a player same as whybrow and all that

johnny hurley , d i c k bradstock tommy welch know any of them mate , or kenny L

Last edited:

yeh gaynor and headley was based in greenwich , boss was fk pylon hyscaff and all that too , ive got the vid , trying to get uploaded to you tube at min but a fkin mission

unique still a player same as whybrow and all that

johnny hurley , d i c k bradstock tommy welch know any of them mate , or kenny L

Jeff Gaynor used to own G+H. Nice geezer, although I heard he died a few years ago.
Forgot all about Hyscaff! We used to do labour only work for them at w/ends back in about 98, used to earn a few quid too!
I remember Johnny Hurley - had a yard in Greenwich. I also remember Lionels in Bermondsey...Need I say anymore!!

mr strand / acorn - decent bloke tho , brought a bit there in the early days

what bout davey

index scaff , thorogood

mr strand / acorn - decent bloke tho , brought a bit there in the early days

what bout davey

index scaff , thorogood

Bloody hell you remember a few mate! Used to see Davey's around quite a lot.
I remember going to Embankment plastics for odds-and-sods in those days too.

still go to embankment now ha ha - nutha top geeza malcolm

yeh lived up there a bit after left school in 91 , stayed above star of the east in commercial road

what bout pinewood from tufnel park , acl

Admiral or Abbey are they still going ?

Admiral and abbey are still going strong i believe

brings back so old name it was in wandsworth road and they had some **** gear

digbys ropey old kit is that what you mean

i was at school - just remember the legends mate
universal , beam access , fk , pylon , leane , lancaster , abbey , phd , oss , formscaff , ryan those were the firms from the early 90s

Am i right in thinking that back in the 90's phd had scaffold all over the houses of parliment or big ben as i remember seeing it and it was really tidy

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Westminster are now in Dubai and Bahrain, worked for them 6 years ago, still owned by same directors, Kevin Clifford runs middle east ops. Micky Bone first came to work with me when he was a 16 year old student, he has relatives who used to own Inter City scaffolding, if you are in touch with him, send him my regards,

Bigbadbob, Batten

I am still in touch and i will give him your regards

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

I worked for Palmers out of the old Charlton depot a Supervisor called Phil Moore left to work for Wesminister think he was a pal of Bill Kent. Myself and a couple Palmers lads moved with him worked at Charing Cross station for them , Phil lost his job because of a driving ban and Mick Bone steped up to be Supervisor about 91ish I think ?

Not long after i left and returned home to the Toon worked at the AMEC yard at Wallsend came across a scaffolder named Paddy Carr anybody on here no what he's up to now !

Mick told me a story that when he was supervising he went to a site somewhere in London and he was only going to be five minutes so he parked his brand new Mazda 626 outside the site entrance but as he got out of the car he was told to move it but ignored the advice so when he got back to his car there was a skip on the roof that had been landed there by the crane and had crushed the car as the roof was in the car .

you are right in thinking that mate - victoria tower , the other end to big ben i believe

Westminster are still in Middle East.
How are you Big bad Bob???

yeh just had a look at westminstergulf.com , doesnt have much in common with the old west scaff

Westminster

Just joined the forum and noticed this listing.
Westminster bought out Arnall Structures from Sussex
Then went snap
After an amount of time the Arnall Directors started various new Companies
Trevor Clark Amber Scaffolding Nick Taylor Gemeni Tony Taylor Riteway (later merged to become partners in Gemeni Riteway) Tony Bennett Horsham Scaffold I think - Jim Finch Allscaff Supplies etc etc
Arnall had the monopoly in Sussex at the time and where shocking
I remember coming out from working my whole life in London taking a price of £10.00 a square to erect 130' x 20' 2 handed and the Director had to pay us over 2 weeks cause he didnt beleive it was possible to knock it out in a day!!!
After everything we did was 60' plus I spent the next few years out there making hay where everything was under 30'

good posting direct , arnall brought atlas scaffolding down this end as well which is how we ended up with ex westminster guys

what 30 square lol brings back good thoughts when, you could bang it up and safer than they do now with all there gold cards if they do a twenty be twenty now for.
a days work, they would never had lived no fork lift a rope and wheel remember the old boat beams my cilla remembers them

fishbelly beams or unit beams scaff11
cilla black

Top Bottom