this will cause rows!! but i hope no offence??

we have both and it depends on your experience if you only ever work on street jobs you forget the more complex work and need a refresher same if you worked on the olimpics you cant set up a house its all horses for courses the good guys regardless of level soon pick up on what they haven't done for a while and the rest are down the road working for Tom Toutherman

and anyone who wants to better them self will get their ticket and good on em i say

Sod cisrs cards there rubbish and that's why most coming into the game are as good as the cards I say bring back ecitb cards with a bit of theory added in to each level.... lol most lads come on our stations as labs next outage the silly buggers are wanting to play with the big hitters thinking there supper scaffs making so many mastakes there a dam right liability sod I spent 2 years labouring before I got my belt on gone of the days when real scaffs made another scaff and if you didn't make the grade you was Fcuked off. I mean come you can tell if a lad has what it takes. My point cisrs is a course full of baby sitters they will let any kong on site as long as they pay the fees utter bollox !!!!!

Sod cisrs cards there rubbish and that's why most coming into the game are as good as the cards I say bring back ecitb cards with a bit of theory added in to each level.... lol most lads come on our stations as labs next outage the silly buggers are wanting to play with the big hitters thinking there supper scaffs making so many mastakes there a dam right liability sod I spent 2 years labouring before I got my belt on gone of the days when real scaffs made another scaff and if you didn't make the grade you was Fcuked off. I mean come you can tell if a lad has what it takes. My point cisrs is a course full of baby sitters they will let any kong on site as long as they pay the fees utter bollox !!!!!

make you right midge. youve only got to ask yourself the question ask your self how many scaffolders you no and work with you probably no loads like me but!!! you can bet your bottom dollar your only no 2 or 3 that use this forum the other 16.000 must be other scaffolders mates lol!!!!

I couldnt give a damn what ticket a man has if he can scaffold then he can scaffold simple as that, to much emphasis these days on what makes a scaffolder only thing in my book is getting on your belt and getting the job done, seen to many "super scaffs" who dont know their ar se from their elbows but have all the nice shiny tickets.
Old saying " the proof is in the eating "

I couldnt give a damn what ticket a man has if he can scaffold then he can scaffold simple as that, to much emphasis these days on what makes a scaffolder only thing in my book is getting on your belt and getting the job done, seen to many "super scaffs" who dont know their ar se from their elbows but have all the nice shiny tickets.
Old saying " the proof is in the eating "

'' pudding'' phil pudding lol . how would you work that then if ya got an advance thats naff and a great part 2 who do you make charge hand same with part 2 wrking with a better part 1 .... bit like you and workshy l8ly ;)

I would sack the naff advanced Marra no question asked , if a mans sh ite then get rid of him why should the other lads carry him because he has a nice shiny card , i know plenty good lads with a part 1 and years of experience under their belts , even young workshy is only getting sent on his part 1 this summer , and he has been around scaffolding as long as he could stand up , i reckon he could put a few to shame throwing a job up with just his trainee ticket

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

'' pudding'' phil pudding lol . how would you work that then if ya got an advance thats naff and a great part 2 who do you make charge hand same with part 2 wrking with a better part 1 .... bit like you and workshy l8ly ;)

We have Dessert in London Marra , not Pudding mate ;)

I have only just realised the main problem with sending the likes of workshy on his part 1 now, he will think it's sh1t and get very little out of it. It's designed for new entrants and workshy I'm sure would put a few advanced to shame let alone part 1's.

Remember and tell him to try and get something out it even if it's just the underpinning knowledge. The building side of it will not challenge an experienced hand.

I would sack the naff advanced Marra no question asked , if a mans sh ite then get rid of him why should the other lads carry him because he has a nice shiny card , i know plenty good lads with a part 1 and years of experience under their belts , even young workshy is only getting sent on his part 1 this summer , and he has been around scaffolding as long as he could stand up , i reckon he could put a few to shame throwing a job up with just his trainee ticket

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

We have Dessert in London Marra , not Pudding mate ;)

lol fek off desserts its only a dessert if its over £20 and just a spekle on ya plate with a few swerls next to it other wid ist feking pudding next you will be telling a tea cake has raising in .

I've been to sites and spoken to foremen who complain that when working four handed it's like supervising 3 labourer's, I'm aware that's a bit harsh, But site work for a building company doing houses and industrial work just does not prepare you for Technical town work or more complicated scaffolding, I've found one company that has gangs on rotation with a charge hand of a site gang going out and doing town work for a month with a more experienced scaffolder. i think that is probably a way forward if you think that site work just doesn't prepare anybody properly for anything that is acctually, advanced.

You cant condem a guy for wanting to earn more money for his familiy etc but its the system to blame that allows inexperianced guys to go from zero-hero in 18months.holding both a ticket,title & wage that training providers simply push through the system to allow them to take as much cash from the government schemes as possible..this in effect waters down our status & experiance but pushes wages up due to the fact of supply & demand...its getting harder to get experianced ticket holders but the inexperianced ones still want top doller....
When i 1st started out advanced scaffs were few & far between and treated like demigods, alwayscthe older guys with decades of experiance, where no job or person would phase em....designing & erecting as they went.you never argued with them cos their experiance ment far greater than your smart mouth...now nearly all the oldguys have gone & left behind a bunch of youngsters that can barley read a drwg let alone desighn in their heads..but cos their tckts are gold they expect the same status & wages of a real experianced guy...i think not
Bring in a system thats not only based on tickets but experiance.where you need to have maybe 5yrs as pt 1 again for pt2 which gives a mn of 10yrs before you can even think about ur advanced & as tor trainee status that should be open ended.
But it'll never happen as too many people make too much money off our backs

You cant condem a guy for wanting to earn more money for his familiy etc but its the system to blame that allows inexperianced guys to go from zero-hero in 18months.holding both a ticket,title & wage that training providers simply push through the system to allow them to take as much cash from the government schemes as possible..this in effect waters down our status & experiance but pushes wages up due to the fact of supply & demand...its getting harder to get experianced ticket holders but the inexperianced ones still want top doller....
When i 1st started out advanced scaffs were few & far between and treated like demigods, alwayscthe older guys with decades of experiance, where no job or person would phase em....designing & erecting as they went.you never argued with them cos their experiance ment far greater than your smart mouth...now nearly all the oldguys have gone & left behind a bunch of youngsters that can barley read a drwg let alone desighn in their heads..but cos their tckts are gold they expect the same status & wages of a real experianced guy...i think not
Bring in a system thats not only based on tickets but experiance.where you need to have maybe 5yrs as pt 1 again for pt2 which gives a mn of 10yrs before you can even think about ur advanced & as tor trainee status that should be open ended.
But it'll never happen as too many people make too much money off our backs

One of the best I have read to date...brilliantly said... A point well made. :cool:
I condone your statement 100%

Good post poofter,but apparently there is no money in training in britain.this was highlighted recently when the cisrs overseas card was announced on the forum.
At roughly a grand a pop just for a course,never mind the touch screen and system addons etc,i wonder were the cash is going then.

Regarding the cards for the men on the street the gold card does mean feck all as you get payed for what you do and there is no room for free loaders,but the issue arises when you go onto the refineries and powerstations and the company pays you 9 times out of 10 on the card you have.
I have been payed as an advanced scaff even though i was basic and held chargehand positions when i only had a basic,maybe i was just working under real scaffs that doesnt seem to be the way nowadays

No doubt I will be corrected if I am wrong, but didn't you have to have a 10 year proven work history to go down the advanced A.S.R.E. route?

Yep think ur right swifty also back then there was no expiry date on our tickets either

i wouldnt want anybody to go back down the trainning route with the ARE!!! but got this right cocky no it all at work that done the ARE saying they cant this they cant that you had ecitb no trainning i hope that tosser gets a taste of karma

I think you would learn more on here than 2 weeks in a training school.

Top Bottom