this will cause rows!! but i hope no offence??

you dont do a pavement gantry or a putlog or a chimney stack or a fan on a powerplant but your qualified to work in these places with the cisrs ticket!!! like midge said on a earlier post jobs on street and the industrial sector are to different sectors and most isnt covered on the courses

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

So you're one of them Dico's moaning about?

dont get me involved :laugh: send them all back it will be like a call up for the army

Last edited:
the pavement gantry is basically a crash deck.
you do cantilever drops on the street as well as industrial.
you do truss outs on the street as well as industrial.
you do hangers under bridges as well as offshore.
A SCAFFOLDERS A SCAFFOLDER AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRADE HIS WEARS IN ANY ENVIROMENT AND ANY CLIMATE.IVE HUNG BY THE BAWS OFFSHORE 1 WEEK TO BE TURNING BOARDS COVERED IN ROUGHCAST THE NEXT.
IM A SCAFF ITS WHAT I DO !;)

Excellent post Happy.
Its what we do. Risking life and limb so that others can work in safety and comfort. (Well we used to risk life and limb before these harnesses, steps, advanced guardrail came on the scene).
Too many prima donnas in the game these days. Dont even like getting the daisy roots dirty or wearing a hole in the jumper these days.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

you dont do a pavement gantry or a putlog or a chimney stack or a fan on a powerplant but your qualified to work in these places with the cisrs ticket!!! like midge said on a earlier post jobs on street and the industrial sector are to different sectors and most isnt covered on the courses

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

dont get me involved :laugh: send them all back it will be like a call up for the army

Plenty of fans getting done in the industrial sector these days dico. And we have always done stacks!!!

you had to spoil it happyhugenoet lol!!! think your no where iam comeing from thou!!!

OF COURSE I DO AS YOU ARE A SCAFF ;)
IM BORED THOUGH AND THE DEVIL MAKES WORK FOR IDLE HANDS:eek:

iam not gana back track MOST jobs are different so where agree to disagree thats why its a forum

Most jobs are different but a scaff should be able to master them
just ask aom and some of the jobs hes had for a small independent scaffold company on the kintyre peninsula.he had one late last year a cantilever drop over a peir wall with the added hassle of a tidal water to deal with.then hes going to scaffold a fecking castle as a full encapsulation.this week hes pulling in work on the pylons that came down in his area.
His guys are scaffs and the nearest power station to him is probably cruachen which is buried in a mountain and about 100 miles away by road.;)

Most jobs are different but a scaff should be able to master them
just ask aom and some of the jobs hes had for a small independent scaffold company on the kintyre peninsula.he had one late last year a cantilever drop over a peir wall with the added hassle of a tidal water to deal with.then hes going to scaffold a fecking castle as a full encapsulation.this week hes pulling in work on the pylons that came down in his area.
His guys are scaffs and the nearest power station to him is probably cruachen which is buried in a mountain and about 100 miles away by road.;)

A SCAFFOLDER SHOULD BE ABLE TO MASTER THEM!! think this is where the thread has gone off track a little from the course. these can only be done with EXSPERIENCE and not a short course that has nothing in the way!!! watch that aom he tells lies :laugh:

Lol ill stick 2 my guns in my original post then...not a days work in em...no offence lol

Lol ill stick 2 my guns in my original post then...not a days work in em...no offence lol

why knock your b!lls off in a powerstation or rush when your not on price. the rates arnte great but put your bonus premium rates and weekends on theres no need to rush. i see the street scaffolder when i go throw london they earn every penny and i have the respect for these lads but the street scaffolder is a young mans job i can rush the mush when you have to but street workers earn there money the industrial jobs do tend to carry lazy scaffolders as the street scaffolder wont!!!

dico you ever thought about a job in the diplomatic service
i was going to say politics but you would have took offence to that as any real human with an ounce of morality would;)

Great thread lads. . . To labour the point, the card doesn't make the scaff. Experience and common sense go a lot further. HSWT, I hear your point about what CISRS recognise, The CISRS recognise £££ mate nothing else. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise. VLLB no I'm not a part 1 mate, just a working man pissed off with bureaucracy.

sadly we are not alone in this as any plant operator will tell you.years ago you just jumped in the digger,then into a dump truck not any more as they need a CARD to prove they have been TRAINED and are deemed compatant in the eyes of the Law.
AS ANOTHER THREAD STATED THE AMBULANCE CHASERS ARE RUINING BRITAIN,THEY HAVE DID IT WITH EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS.YOUR COMPANY DOESNT WANT ALL THE SHIIT ON YOUR CARD BUT THEY WILL NEED IT IF IT TURNS TO SHIIT.
THE TRAINERS(NON SCAFFOLDING AS YET) ARE NOW BEING PURSUED BY THE HSE IF THE TRAINEE FECKS IT UP BIG STYLE,AND PORTFOLIOS ARE CHECKED TO MAKE SURE PROPER COMPATANCY WAS PROVEN.THEY HAVE TO BE KEPT FOR 7 YEARS.
THIS MAY BE WHY NO NVQs IN THE OVERSEAS TRAINING? NOT A DIG SIMIAN JUST A QUERY;)

Top Bottom