this will cause rows!! but i hope no offence??

Good post Midge.
Frankly 98% of street scaffolders wouldnt know the difference between a boiler, a spud can or a christmas tree and wouldnt be able to scaffold any of them.
They are alright for banging up system on the street or housing site and the most technical thing they come across is the odd gable end or haki staircase.Best leave the technical stuff for the industrial and offshore experts.
The CISRS and the myriad of training schools are planning to introduce a new course in early 2015. It will be called the CISRS Advanced Advanced Expert Scaffolders Card and will be available to power station, offshore and refinery workers for around 5,000 quid.

as long as they have a bit of steel to come off:D

Its 6 and 3 3's there jobs industrial scaffs would scratch there heeds at and jobs the street boys would scratch there heed know lads off site that crnt do a return know lads of street that haven a clue what a number 1 is for each to there own there two diffrent industries but you get more for you money from the lads on the streets

Never thought i would say this , but Marra you are talking complete sense :laugh::laugh: , if you aint never done a hanger it dont mean your a sh ite scaffolder , i know lads that never do anything bigger then 4 lifts high house fronts but there still good scaffolders and would get 2-3 to do a day 2 handed , its just what your used to

It all very true but looking at things now most scaffs do all sectors from street to heavy industrial scaffolding now as we all can't be too picky with jobs as there isn't many about now in some aspect it's a good thing as most scaffs are gets more experience in different areas of scaffolding I'm on the street at the min I'm more into industrial side of scaffolding but there is some good lads were I am street lads and I think they would be fantastic in the industrial side too so I like to think street scaffs to industrial scaffs were all as good as each other and we all need to pay our bills. I came into scaffolding as its like a brotherhood we stand together no matter were you scaffold if your a scaffolder then that man is your brother as for the next scaff....

Alot of the advanced scaffs i hav worked wiv who come out of a shutdown or outage ive found seem to really struggle house bashing or on the street..think its to do wiv the cushty little numbers they been on....if i was an employer id rather employ a part 1 2 or advance rather than an advanced who just wants to turn up and do the hours yet not the productivity

Lol wish the stations I've been on we're cushy point me in there direction plz ��

Lol not all of them...but alot lol

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Be honest midge??do u find street work harder going?? I kno its all hard wot ever type of scaffolding we do...

Tbh the only thing really is walking your gear miles to the job or running out of gear miles from the yard but to me not having a pop but I find it boring I like the tech side when you look at a job and think this is gonna be ahead buster but the day goes quicker for me and when your done you look up in pride and think that was a bugger but looks great lol sad I know I just don't get satisfaction from independents or towers and the gear is allways s h I t around here lol

as long as they have a bit of steel to come off:D

dont forget the 20 bags of beam clamps. its like a toilet with no toilet roll jakdan:laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Lol wish the stations I've been on we're cushy point me in there direction plz ��

leave them boilers alone midge there kill you :laugh:

Why do scaffolders have to bichy and all ways trying to who is best Scaff between part 2 or advanced scaffolder you can in my book you let your tools do the talking

A lot of fair statements and comments from members, each to their own. I have myself worked in all corners of this industry, I was none the wiser entering each corner, but exited with extra knowledge so as to apply myself better in my chosen profession.
From street to construction sites, railway bridges and stations, food processing plants, creameries & water treatment plants. Power stations (hydro and fossil fuel) pharmaceutical & petrochemical , film sets, army barracks....lighthouses, oil rigs, ocean going vessels....the list goes on.
A scaffolder ( in my opinion ) is a person, who can apply himself/herself* to all aspects of the industry ( provided you have bein trained, are competent and eager to improve oneself)

I have applied myself to work hard and learn new things over the past 20 plus years in scaffolding. I have met and worked with guys from around the world, some good some bad, some complete muppets.
I'm in my forties, still young (relatively) I have a lot of knowledge to pass on to younger folk, be they street guys or whatever. I don't know everything.... But whatever I do know has payed dividends for me in helping me to support my family and to live a life a lot better when I first started grafting as a labourer many moons ago.
The scaffolders forum to me, is a cracking place..... Good banter , good slagging, interesting topics. A lot of decent scaffs on here.
It's a cracking read for me, particularly if I am on the other side of the globe, stuck in a cabin.... Living a life of solitude on a ship for endless weeks at a time.
But now I'm back at home.... Due to go on the street for a bit....help an oul boss out. I won't be measuring spanners with anyone, but if some shows a willingness to learn a trick or two, I'd have no problems in helping.

*equal opportunities

;)

part 2 's are better than advanced.

advanced just a bunch of arse lickers

Top Bottom