The step thing!!

We do have a couple of members with connections that may help with this one Flinty. You know how I feel about it and won't bore you with my guess work.

We do have a couple of members with connections that may help with this one Flinty. You know how I feel about it and won't bore you with my guess work.

You've never bored me, I'm still chuckling at your post from earlier :nuts:

haha, me too.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I had a wee look on the web site there Flinty and did have a couple of thoughts if you were interested in another point of view.

haha, me too.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I had a wee look on the web site there Flinty and did have a couple of thoughts if you were interested in another point of view.

Fire away matey :)

Hi Dass, I like your spirit and determination, no one deserves to leave home for work in the morning never to return, or end up in a wheel chair because they have fallen from scaff steps. If these scaff steps really are as treacherous as people are saying, then we need to get rid of them, and we can start by gathering good sound evidence together so that their use can be reviewed.

It’s not going to be easy, so everyone needs to ask around and collect any good sound evidence which will help build up a case against their use. If the right sort of evidence can be gathered against the use of scaff steps it may just be enough to get the ball rolling.

It is important then, that the facts regarding each accident are properly documented so that a strong case can be built up against their use.

To ensure the facts are properly collected a questionnaire needs to be completed which asks the following questions:
a) Date and time of accident.
b) Address of accident.
c) Details of how the accident occurred.
d) Details of any injuries sustained.
e) Was the accident entered into the accident book?

It would be even better if photos could be provided of the injuries sustained, or photos of the work area where the accident occurred.

What a brown nose , did you take him in an apple creep

Scaff Step Hazard

Hi Dass, I like your spirit and determination, no one deserves to leave home for work in the morning never to return, or end up in a wheel chair because they have fallen from scaff steps. If these scaff steps really are as treacherous as people are saying, then we need to get rid of them, and we can start by gathering good sound evidence together so that their use can be reviewed.

It’s not going to be easy, so everyone needs to ask around and collect any good sound evidence which will help build up a case against their use. If the right sort of evidence can be gathered against the use of scaff steps it may just be enough to get the ball rolling.

It is important then, that the facts regarding each accident are properly documented so that a strong case can be built up against their use.

To ensure the facts are properly collected a questionnaire needs to be completed which asks the following questions:
a) Date and time of accident.
b) Address of accident.
c) Details of how the accident occurred.
d) Details of any injuries sustained.
e) Was the accident entered into the accident book?

It would be even better if photos could be provided of the injuries sustained, or photos of the work area where the accident occurred.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Chris I’m glad you enjoyed the Advanced Inspection Course, they can be so boring when you get the wrong tutor, I was impressed though with how informed you all were, its good to know that you guys are committed to spreading the word and making it safer out there.
Don’t take notice of Scaffy calling you a brown nose; he is jealous that he has never attended. Only the elite scaffolders are worthy of the Advanced Inspection Ticket. Well done.

scaff step

This peice of kit is just an accident waiting to happen iv just been working for a company who insist it must be used with quickstage yet only provided one this has caused injury yet the company made it quiet clear that if a accident form was filled out so would a p45 :suspicious:

This peice of kit is just an accident waiting to happen iv just been working for a company who insist it must be used with quickstage yet only provided one this has caused injury yet the company made it quiet clear that if a accident form was filled out so would a p45 :suspicious:

Harsh, but not exactly surprising.

Wouldn't mind PM'ing me the company that threatened that would you?

scaffstep

I've added some of your suggestions and created the petition.

Apologies to those of you who signed the earlier version but it was a test version.

Petition Scaff Step Petition

Thanks again

signed! dangerous bit of kit! :evil:

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

those that are paid to make decisions about our safety, are going to kill us one of theses days, stop moving the fecking goalpoasts!!! dangerous bit of kit! theyve just brought this abortion of a safety measure in at our place, and were forced to use it and wear a double lanyard wtf! surely its one or the other!!!!!!!! grrrrrrr!

Hi a couple of examples on dangerous incidents we have had with step !!

One time two scaffs up 4 lifts high one at one end of 21ft handrail the other at other end, brian steps up but slips and dave did not see him slip so he went down too twisting his wrist and dropping the tube.

I was always taught to pick a tube up with legs apart bending knees not to put my feet together like on the step or shall i say tea tray !! After all you would not see a boxer go in the ring with his feet together as his opponent would knock him off balance.

Another one, my scaffs went up to strike a house on site and the top lift , but the soffit was 3 foot overhand so when they stepped off the step on to the 3 boards they had no room cos the step took up room plus the wide soffitt, so the whole platform had to be re boarded and that was not included in the price.

Also narrow alleyways !! impossible

Hi a couple of examples on dangerous incidents we have had with step !!

One time two scaffs up 4 lifts high one at one end of 21ft handrail the other at other end, brian steps up but slips and dave did not see him slip so he went down too twisting his wrist and dropping the tube.

I was always taught to pick a tube up with legs apart bending knees not to put my feet together like on the step or shall i say tea tray !! After all you would not see a boxer go in the ring with his feet together as his opponent would knock him off balance.

Another one, my scaffs went up to strike a house on site and the top lift , but the soffit was 3 foot overhand so when they stepped off the step on to the 3 boards they had no room cos the step took up room plus the wide soffitt, so the whole platform had to be re boarded and that was not included in the price.

Also narrow alleyways !! impossible

We usually put the lift in and then slide the long up onto the trannies, get up on the step and then lift in the long when we are both comfy.

It is a pain in the arse though but needs and cost must i suppose.:(

Top Bottom