The step thing!!

Checked at 9pm 2/11/11

STATISTICS
Signatures today 29
Signatures yesterday 1
Signatures within last 7 days 27
Total this month 1
Total signatures since 2011-10-27 29

Good to see lads signing up but we need more names.

I've emailed the owner of www scaffmag com to see if he could give us some help with promoting the petition but he hasn't found me worthy of a reply

That does surprise me, he get's around 95% of his content from here.:(

I got an email from the owner of scaffmag.com last night.

He has kindly agreed to feature the petition on his website. In the interests of providing a balanced view, he has asked us to give him some background as to why we started the petition.

I will post here what I was thinking of sending to him before I send it to make sure you lads are happy or to see if theres anything you wanted to add.

Glad this piece of sh1t isnt widely used over here 'yet' hopefully you get somewhere in promoting the dangers of this because our hsa seems to follow suit to your hse..could see many of these been left behind on jobs,'accidently on purpose'..:bigsmile:

Its not so much the step but the quality of the step. I have worked with so many variations of the design, some are just down right unuseable and dangerous.
The ones where the bottom leg rests against the standard obstructs your ability to work safely.

Im in too.

Good work with the Signing everyone.
Lets keep pushing and keep getting more to sign and protest against this cheap and nasty piece of kit.

To be a fair and honest poll should there be a for AND against ......

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Update

Scaffmag.com have featured the petition.

Just checked and we're up to 43 signatures

43/9460 getting there pal ;-)

all the people who fall are up to something they should not be doing or not capable of doing their job as they should be doing it.falls from height, in my opinion, should also say which trade fell.

Taken from: Aviva Risk News.

"Falls from height are an all too well known cause of injuries and fatalities in the construction industry. And not just in construction; according to statistics from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in 2008/09 there were 35 deaths, 4,654 major injuries and a further 7,065 injuries in the UK due to a fall from height."

35 deaths in 2008/09... a few years ago i know, but it cant be much lower tbh.

• How many of those 35 are Scaffolders?
  • How many of those Scaffolders are British?
  • How many of those British Scaffolders are trained and experienced and not YTS kids, being made/pressured into working unsafe through fear of being either sacked or peer pressure???

• 2?
  • 3?

If that...?

2/3 out of how many Scaffolders? - 25,000?

Thats not unsafe in my book.
Thats what i call freak accidents... nothing more.

So with those quick stats, it shows that we really DONT need this poxxy step and it is being used for the sake of it...

Kind of like bringing a law in banning of Mobile Phones being used by a PASSENGER in a car, as there might be a very slim chance of the driver listening to the passengers conversation and crashing the car???

Madness, tbh.

Last edited:
43 signatures in a month !!!
that really shows the feelings felt towards the scaff step.

in the next month lets have more than 43 that post a picture using it!!:eek:

I wont be:D

Ragscaff

i stood on one for the second time this week . if im honest its not that bad and could possibly be a good thing if we wanted it to be , the problem we all have with it is its being forced on us by people that dont know our job and dont understand that sometimes its just not workable. and when i say stood on on one i mean i went on it once ,not used it for a shift or owt gay like that

This game's safety record for the last few years has been the best its ever been.
You cant polish a turd and you CANT make a dangerous job any safer then it already is...

This step is simply not needed and on most Scaffolds ive put up lately, you cant use a step anyway, as its only good for bashing up Independents and not fit for other Scaffolds.

43 signatures in a month !!!
that really shows the feelings felt towards the scaff step.

not every scaffolder uses the forum and some scaffolders cant even be bothered to vote but!!! are quite happy to moan about it think your find if this step is every made law then watch the signitures go up through the roof at the moment most are in the yard rusting away with the lovely british weather we have:laugh:

Top Bottom