The step thing!!

I bet you've missed the auld scaff step Alistair,lol,i wonder how often they got used in your absence pal,mmm

Fair enough, I am never going to suggest we are perfect BF I have seen far too many mistakes for that but we have just completed a 12 lift spire job, not big but awkward and the step worked a treat.

The step is good for 10ft lifts it saves loads of time:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fukin good on it ,n' all. this man can do things with a computer I can only dream about.:laugh::laugh:
Hows it going Swifty/Lads.
Thanks for the pep call earlier Swifty, Been off for so long forgot me fekkin password.:embarrest:

Thanks mate,really missed it. Last time I was on we was neck n neck on the thanks count,now that phillipino carnt havvaspanna's overtaken me as well.:cry:

lol, can you refresh me on the step thing,wasnt that enfoced by them nasty nasc men,without consultation,or training or testing.

Well they do financially gain from it.

Apparently it's neither a working platform or a ladder and isn't covered by any regs whatsoever.

I also heard quite a few people have been injured because of it.

But it's good for 10ft lifts, ask Ikram

If someone wasnt making money out of these we wouldnt use them right. And being forced to use them ensures sale's
However did we manage without them??.

Funny enough, I was given a user guide to sg4:05 booklet,when I done a scaff inspection course a few years back. Is that now obsolete???

Fukin good on it ,n' all. this man can do things with a computer I can only dream about.:laugh::laugh:
Thanks for the pep call earlier Swifty, Been off for so long forgot me fekkin password.:embarrest:

nice to here from you again frederick swifty said your be back nearer to halloween :laugh:

so you rembered it ? what was it again ? nice to see you posting again ....got me larl bit of gear hanging form our lasses rear view coz mine drops off after 2 days lol , how you keeping marra

Funny enough, I was given a user guide to sg4:05 booklet,when I done a scaff inspection course a few years back. Is that now obsolete???

Yes that booklets now worthless! Do you remember how we use to do things? And how that was the safest way to do things and you could loose your job for NOT working to it? Well now you could loose your job FOR working to that, its considered extremely dangerous!

Least we have these scaffsteps to balance on so we can all work safely, shame accidents have gone up significantly since the SG rules changed, but oh well who cares what we mortal scaffs say?

[/sarcasm]

do you use the step for every job aom? you not use it bf ?

I do marra, works a treat on most of them with a bit of thought and planning. Some of the smaller jobs can be a bit of a nightmare getting your standards at the right height but that's when we revert to the harness. Not ideal but I think we are almost there, system has it's draw backs as well. They tell you not to hemp from it but with system you can't really avoid it.

Top Bottom