The Botlek Rotterdam

I remember Titch and Chris, Mick mcLaughin and there was a Mick Proctor as well.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Any news of Wilson? I know a good few lads who would love to see him again.

Dubai I last heard

Hi lads
Has any one got any good leads for work in holland,onshore or offshore
Thanks

terneuzen great coffeeshop/botlek/holland job january

there must still be bikes lying around terneuzen, i took about 50 from dow benelux,haha, miss the checkpoint, its seems to me as if they;ve tried to phase out brits in holland, over the years. ive worked at nearly every petro-chem in holland as well as botlek, offshore, every company, VDP,MOBUCO,HCI,SGB,SMS.

ANDY BIRCH AND TIM THE GEORDIE, GOOD GUYS.

theres a job advertised on gumtree, starting jan/feb in holland/germany.

no info on whos job, company etc. but it seems to say the company is from leeds. theyre just taking CV'S at moment.

damm , thats a shame, wouldve liked to make a trip down there. why did it get closed ?

hoping envirowrap have work next year, would like to go back to scaffolders graveyard, britains fucked, offshore britain has too many arseholes in my experience.

Hi kawasaki the original party animal, glad you are ok some great times early 90's. Me and eds still laugh about the crazy times.
p.s Is my old mate andy birch still out there.

as far as i know, Andy Birch is still at botlek, i spoke to rob turnbull a month or so ago, he said they only have about 10 men at the botlek now. i once took a good punch from andy for locking him out the house, lol, happy days.

damm , thats a shame, wouldve liked to make a trip down there. why did it get closed ?

hoping envirowrap have work next year, would like to go back to scaffolders graveyard, britains fucked, offshore britain has too many arseholes in my experience.

the police i think, i was there a couple of yrs ago the place was just done up then it just closed, even the 1 across the street, r u jon that stayed at a campsite :

Hi kawasaki the original party animal, glad you are ok some great times early 90's. Me and eds still laugh about the crazy times.
p.s Is my old mate andy birch still out there.

Im guessing......Mark Bryant???....Hope alls good mate,& also with Ed s.An yea,I think Andys stillout there. Stay lucky mate.

im john , yeah, and i vaguely remember there was people staying at a campsite, but not me, i think it was a few geordies. youre name rings a bell, think i might have worked with u at some point hard to believe checkpoint was closed, that place was printing money, only competition was from the small turkish place across the road.

hello fred i work in the botlek then 1999 allso 2002 i work four hss robtrnbill and tony allsop are they still going over there ,good time had by all scaffs that work over there then

Last edited:
Hi fred I worked there around 91- 95

Worked with bobby leach from warrington and graig mckay from edinbugh we worked all over groinigen,den hag all over but mainly botlek cant remeber the guy incharge at the time but it was 4 a agency we used to drink in nobbies and dirty harry on the binewegg.

2 guys i remember was jamie lace & sid belton from boro do you remember them ......?

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Yes remember now the asshole we worked for tony alsop and there was a irish guy who was always in nobbies bar he used 2 snort lines the size of pool tables what was his name......?

semtex harry

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Yeh spot on " semtex harry "cant remember you can you send a pic will probabily recognise you from that......! I heard bobby,s dead someone told me he got ran over by a tram in amsterdam.

Where you working now mate

Any graft going just fell out with rbg been offshore over 10 years need some graft

are you talking bout bobby leach getting run over by a train?

i worked with him and roger in eindhoven

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

yes over there in 1991 with McDonalds great job

I was dere 1991 for mc donalds,zwindrecht

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I never worked there but loads of mates from Cumbria (Egremont) where there for years Titch Dunn and his brothers Lee & Chris, Mick Mclaugin, Action Jackson, Henson, Stupid Stuart just a few to name or and mad Easy Graham you reconise any off these Meatheads???

have you a contact for mick mc laugin (jackie lad)i havnt seen him in years

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

The Botlek...it felt like I used to live there...

Agree with the post above Re: tickets & certs as the ticketed scaffs would be down the 'dingly dangly's' on some semi-sub or other & the chancers were getting 1 lift towers to do.....all on the same money....!!!

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Badger was from Whitby

be interested to know your name not many scaffs used the terms dinggly dangly ,i was one of the dingly danglys doing hangers with cuplock on the night shift i was on the night shift for months upon months,then that allsop asked me to start shrink wrapping worse thing i ever done he had me at it the whole time,some great memories over there

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Dubai I last heard

i worked with titch,and both micks whats your name

Top Bottom