The Botlek Rotterdam

I was in DSM Geleen working for Fridays uitzendbureau in 94 the good old days!
hiya Mick,I also worked for Fridays,but on DOW chem.,in Terneuzen......not a bad outfit,Fridays...might even go back out there due to work situation my neck of the woods..(!!)

hasnt Alsopp got any thing going scaffguru?
Maybe that Brian would give you a start hahaah

The Botlek...it felt like I used to live there...

Agree with the post above Re: tickets & certs as the ticketed scaffs would be down the 'dingly dangly's' on some semi-sub or other & the chancers were getting 1 lift towers to do.....all on the same money....!!!

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

yes Roger died in a fall about 6 or 7 years ago
not heard from matt hague since then
heard the name badger but thought he was from newcastle
titch and his brother from cumbria were there maybe 97
Badger was from Whitby

I was at douw to for two weeks stayed on a massive caravan park ? Sounds great!! No the camp site had shut ! A ghost town ! Lol Did you work outa Geleen ? For Ron Meesters ? He died about three years ago! He was a good man!

I was at douw to for two weeks stayed on a massive caravan park ? Sounds great!! No the camp site had shut ! A ghost town ! Lol Did you work outa Geleen ? For Ron Meesters ? He died about three years ago! He was a good man!
Woz that the brakman site,near Terneusen ??..I woz on the DOW for 5 or 6 years...a serious life sentance !!!

Hi fred I worked there around 91- 95

Worked with bobby leach from warrington and graig mckay from edinbugh we worked all over groinigen,den hag all over but mainly botlek cant remeber the guy incharge at the time but it was 4 a agency we used to drink in nobbies and dirty harry on the binewegg.

2 guys i remember was jamie lace & sid belton from boro do you remember them ......?

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Yes remember now the asshole we worked for tony alsop and there was a irish guy who was always in nobbies bar he used 2 snort lines the size of pool tables what was his name......?

Hi fred I worked there around 91- 95

Worked with bobby leach from warrington and graig mckay from edinbugh we worked all over groinigen,den hag all over but mainly botlek cant remeber the guy incharge at the time but it was 4 a agency we used to drink in nobbies and dirty harry on the binewegg.

2 guys i remember was jamie lace & sid belton from boro do you remember them ......?

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Yes remember now the asshole we worked for tony alsop and there was a irish guy who was always in nobbies bar he used 2 snort lines the size of pool tables what was his name......?
Hi steelscaff.....you mean semtex harry dont you ? Knew Sid & Bobby Leach, I used to drink in Harrys too.

Yeh spot on " semtex harry "cant remember you can you send a pic will probabily recognise you from that......! I heard bobby,s dead someone told me he got ran over by a tram in amsterdam.

Where you working now mate

Any graft going just fell out with rbg been offshore over 10 years need some graft

Yeh spot on " semtex harry "cant remember you can you send a pic will probabily recognise you from that......! I heard bobby,s dead someone told me he got ran over by a tram in amsterdam.

Any graft going just fell out with rbg been offshore over 10 years need some graft

Semtex harry is alive and well and working for Capes.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Semtex harry is alive and well and working for Capes.

And Sid "the boy" Belton is working in the Boro

Glad to hear from "havespannerwilltravel" that old semtex is ok,sorry to hear about Bob though. Im only doing bits an bobs at the mo though,waiting for somthing decent to come up,like the rest of us.And no you dont know me as "scaffguru" ( thats just my psudonym on SF ) maybe you know me as Jon Kawasaki...??..If any thing decent comes up any time soon,Ill slap it on here.

i am off to the Botlek stores at end of shift 11am today woohoo! need a dutch sim card is costing me a fortune on my mobile!!

Anyone on here who used to work on the Botlek in Rotterdam in the 90s?
There were a few hundred scaffolders there in those days from all over the UK.
They used to say "Your not a real scaff until you have done a hanger in the Verolme Drydocks in Rotterdam"
I never worked there but loads of mates from Cumbria (Egremont) where there for years Titch Dunn and his brothers Lee & Chris, Mick Mclaugin, Action Jackson, Henson, Stupid Stuart just a few to name or and mad Easy Graham you reconise any off these Meatheads???

I work wi a couple of lads who were on there in the 90's a Paul Ramshaw who worked for John Wilson. Also the Jamie Lace I know/knew was from Fleetwood, he's my mates dad, he passed away a good few years back now

I never worked there but loads of mates from Cumbria (Egremont) where there for years Titch Dunn and his brothers Lee & Chris, Mick Mclaugin, Action Jackson, Henson, Stupid Stuart just a few to name or and mad Easy Graham you reconise any off these Meatheads???

I remember Titch and Chris, Mick mcLaughin and there was a Mick Proctor as well.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I work wi a couple of lads who were on there in the 90's a Paul Ramshaw who worked for John Wilson. Also the Jamie Lace I know/knew was from Fleetwood, he's my mates dad, he passed away a good few years back now

Any news of Wilson? I know a good few lads who would love to see him again.

Top Bottom