The Botlek Rotterdam

i was over in verolme stayed at rockanje first then into to a nice little holiday home right on the beach used to be a site full of scaffolders haha happy days 5 in the morning till 5 at night then partytime

I was in Rockanje 96/97 stayed on that holiday home.....thatched roofs? remember a gordie lad Danny something.....Bowden or something like that was in gronigen too they were the days had a laff there..

Always wondered about working in Holland, for the crack and experience.

Although, ive been told its not as good as it used to be (seems nothing is 'as good as, once apon-a-time' anymore).
Would it be worth making the ferry ride over there or not?

seems like the polish/turks and others have all the work now , and theres not enought money being paid to get the brits back in , its a shame.

haha, i once walked from the botlek , to rockanje as knocked back a lift and didnt get paid , id 20 fags and no lighter , those were the days, made it to helleovetsluis and told the local police they could phone my m8 , or id smash the place up and take a room for the night. sore feet and 2 days off work, lol

haha, did you not fly back,,,lol..was all Turks and Moroccans when a was there..never come back them days...

police didnt believe i walked , they wanted me to join some sort of dutch marathon team , oh they did offer me some water , and a lighter

Heard the stories about Botleg, when I went to Holland with a guy who had been there... Can't give a surname I'm afraid but his name was Paul and came from kent, big fella that can chat for England.

Was it Fun and games or a graveyard?

Worked with Matty and his mate Roger, roger sorry no longer with us now RIP. We worked on a new project for air products. we stayed at a village not to far away called Pernice. Viper and the herburge come to mind.

Hey Fred. I was in the botlek 5 years ago. Hell of a cold place in the winter. Enjoyed it tho. Good bunch of lads. Thay make me a real scaff now, ha ha. Awesome.

Hey Fred
I did work more as 20 years in the Botlek area / Kemira, Air products , Bp , Esso , Verolme and more . For Mobuco , Spreeuwenberg ,vd Panne , Tony Smith ,SSH , Travhydro and Hercules.
Ofshore for Mobuco , vd Panne . Claro and SSR

Mvg Andre

Worked with Matty and his mate Roger, roger sorry no longer with us now RIP. We worked on a new project for air products. we stayed at a village not to far away called Pernice. Viper and the herburge come to mind.

aye it was a sad day when roger decided to leave us,true gentleman and great bloke to work under,!!

Hi Fred I was over there in 1999 my name is Sean Convery scaffolder from jarrow out side Newcastle botlek as well the scaffolding forming was a man Stevie hobbic

Hi i worked over there in the early 80s, total different then than now, its not for me (retired now)but has anyone got the contents of the Dutch safety passport my son is due to go over soon and it would help if he new what was in store many thanks

Top Bottom