Plastic brick guards

I called the suppliers ages ago who said they were going to come to our office with some samples and all the info....never turned up and not heard anything since. So, metal brickguards it is then.

Have been watching this thread for some time now, been in industry for over 30 years and brick guards have always ben a nightmare, i have just purchased a trial 500 plastic guards from a company called Tuff Guard, got to say best i've ever seen, solid hook, great guard with correct hole sizes as laid down in TG20:08, I have seen some plastic guards that have separate hook which is poorly made and can easily break, plus holes exceed recommendations, could be a potential problem if an accident occurs, i will keep you posted after my trials but first impressions are superb, well worth the extra investment in the long term.

Hi, thanks for the info.

Would like to hear the feedback on these.

Have you got any prices or suppliers info?

Have been watching this thread for some time now, been in industry for over 30 years and brick guards have always ben a nightmare, i have just purchased a trial 500 plastic guards from a company called Tuff Guard, got to say best i've ever seen, solid hook, great guard with correct hole sizes as laid down in TG20:08, I have seen some plastic guards that have separate hook which is poorly made and can easily break, plus holes exceed recommendations, could be a potential problem if an accident occurs, i will keep you posted after my trials but first impressions are superb, well worth the extra investment in the long term.
You could always try George Roberts on 01515242434, they have decided to make their own, they dont sell the plastic hooks they suggest cable ties (makes sense) and they quoted us £3.90 each I think !

After speaking to Mr Roberts himself, I have to report he is a decent bloke and more than willing to help / explain the benefits of his brickguards.

have u used them in the rain we had plastic omega batons in the rain v slippy probably cause more accident gents

Apparently the only plastic brick guards on the market are Tuff-Guards but I don't what they retail at.

Theres 3 different types to my knowlege with george roberts being the cheapest

The 3 types are

1) Tuff Guard - It totally complies with TG20;08, EN12811-1 Page 54 Section 11.7 please note the guards have been tested at a top University for the required loadings as specified, they have the correct hole apertures, have a fully rigid hook to support the guard and look very proffesional.

2) George Roberts Guard - possibly complies with above regs, not sure but surely fixed on with a plastic tie wrap for supportt, looks a bit un proffesional to me.

3) Debbi Guard - again never seen spec sheet on it, but feed back from this site and other discussions seems to state that the hole sizes are excessive as recommended, the handles break off very easily, and not sure if they have been tested to a 0.3kn load in the most unfavourable position.

All in all seems to me that TUFF GUARD is the far better solution, and meets all the relevant standards, its your choice quality or cheapness.

To provide price i suppose the supplier need quantities, colour, transport to where , all these have an impact on costs. I have posted supplier previously it is Peter Clarkson on 0114 243 6090 he will provide costs as he did me, i bought 1000 a few weeks ago.

Well george roberts ones are the cheapest , if i used them id buy theres and use cable ties as the hooks going missing aint an option

To provide price i suppose the supplier need quantities, colour, transport to where , all these have an impact on costs. I have posted supplier previously it is Peter Clarkson on 0114 243 6090 he will provide costs as he did me, i bought 1000 a few weeks ago.

That wasn't the point

Ive been using plastic brickguards for about a year and they are so much easier for stacking and using, lads not cutting themselves to bits, the plastic clips that go with them i found to flimsey, they snap with the wear and tear and snap in the cold, we just cable tie them on, lots easier. I can get them at a good price if anyone would like to try them

they are not my products, just saying i can get them

GB23 dont think that was aimed at you

Top Bottom