Plastic brick guards

Like i said, were there is work you will find us! how many you need? theres 200 on a pallet? we should have pleanty in!
*Sent you a PM Scaffy*

Last edited:
Plastic Brickguards

I work for Generation, the black ones are the cheepest & £4.90 ea. Coloured a qid more.

I have been provided with a solicitors letter that instucted me to remove all comments made about Debbiguards plastic brick guard by an unnamed third party.

Debbiguards product is patented. I would therefore like to ask members to not mention the name of the manufacturer who has copied these products or the name of the product.

By not doing this you could be landing the forum in trouble and damaging the forum's future sponsorship revenue.

If you have any queries relating to this then please pm me.

Best Regards

SF Admin

comments noted - think i can work that out for myself

Joanne from DebbiGard will call you shortly.

In the meantime please visit DebbiGard to view our website.

Many thanks for your enquiry and we look forward to doing business with you.

Kind regards

DebbiGard

plastic brickguards

there good them brickguards as long as wind doesnt get to strong the hooks stay on aslong as ya dont bomb em from any heigher than 3rd lift lol

200No Plastic brick guards, colour BLUE wanted delivered to Southampton.
Contact Alan or Roy : - 02380 404411.

our firm bought 1000 of these last year and i must admit they are really good ( to beggin with ) as mentioned in previous replies brikies and scaffolders love them, but saldy they dont last after 9 months or so ours became very britle and started to break, more and more are now comin back only fit for bin. its now a question of cost will metal ones be more suitable in long run

Hi Admin,
had telephoned and left a message but awaiting a response.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

our firm bought 1000 of these last year and i must admit they are really good ( to beggin with ) as mentioned in previous replies brikies and scaffolders love them, but saldy they dont last after 9 months or so ours became very britle and started to break, more and more are now comin back only fit for bin. its now a question of cost will metal ones be more suitable in long run

Hi Brad,
Thanks for the info
Can you PM who you purchased the brickguards from.
Dont post on the forum as others may not like it.
Alan

George Roberts sell a cheaper version thats similar that fix on with cable ties , we have a few of the other versions but yep they are brittle and break - i just hate all brickguards , bring back the orange stuff and just skip it when finished

Not 100% sure on the spec of the particualr brickguards you are looking at but I looked into getting a load of the plastic guards as I thought you would last longer but doing a bit of research I found that the plastic ones were not TG20:08 compliant. I stand to be corrected if any manufacturers want to come back with a spec sheet for their products.
Brickguards must be capable of exceeding a point load of 0.3kN over a maximum area of 300mm x 300mm.
The ones I looked at did not meet this spec,

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the info, i have been trying to contact two suppliers to get prices / delivery times & spec's but so far have not had a response form either.I think one of them has ceased trading
We have just purchased 300No of the f ucking sh it metal ones as i had to make a deicsion this week.
I didnt realise they may not comply to regulations so i would think there could be a legal case for false advertising for those that have purchased them if this is the case.

The performance requirements in TG20 conflict with the NASC's own guidance note for brickguards, which effectively states they have to be suitable and sufficient. The 0.3kN load in TG20 is the same load the guardrail has to withstand, which comes from the European standard for edge protection, and to my mind is aimed at brickguards which do away with the need for an intermediate guardrail, eg. Kwikguard frames, loading bay gates, etc.

Provided you fix a standard double guardrail the Debbiguards to my mind are suitable and sufficient, and a hell of a lot better than the flimsy tangled scraps of metal which pass as brickguards these days.

I agree with you on that...but and the big but is, without a specification from the manufacturer with test data to back it up you open yourself up to potential claims and prosecution should an item fail (unlikely), Im all for covering my arse with the compensation culture we live in.

Dave,
Unfortunately covering your arse has to be done these days, as too many chancers in the game.
You would have thought by now a response from the suppliers would have been forthcoming.

Top Bottom