offshore work?? (1 Viewer)

was thinking of doing the offshore course and paying for it myself,not sure its a good idea haveing heard so many men struggling,im advance with a iosh safety managment and also scaffolding inspector,,do you think it be good idea for me??im 53 old,,would like some advice please,,,thanks lads

yes i understand,its just i ave a few mates who keep telling me thats the way to go for work,,

yes i understand,its just i ave a few mates who keep telling me thats the way to go for work,,
Get your CV in mate,,,salamis, and cape very busy (even at this time of year,,,,cape were looking for 15 scaffs for the southern sector last month advertised the job ,phoned about ,could,nt get enough scaffs,,,,they had to knock the job back !!! get yer arse up here mate ..

thank you,i will decide over the next week,so age not a bad facter?im quite fit,just a lt of money to ave a ticket doing nothing for me,,but thanks for ur sound advice,,,

now lads did my survival bout 3 weeks ago got told they were screaming out 4 scaffs but no luck phoning nearly every day any advice would b great cheers

offshore holland

alright scaffs
All I here on these forums is how nobody can get a start offshore well heres a job for you guys its in holland the moneys **** (for offshore)its through an agency for cape and having worked there myself im telling you if you can blag the job you`ll be alright no matter how little tube+fitting exp you have I mean there is some real cowboys out there that should`nt be!!!
so here you go copiusni at 00442890589509 ask for susan I do know that there are were screaming for scaffs because so many guys leave all the time and the job is a massive project and the scaffolding is well behind (because of the cowboys no dought).

thanks

you say money is ....wat you mean by that,how .... is it,thanks mate for imfo,,

money

well the money is around 600aweek it you spread it out over the 1month with no perks like hoilday pay shuttling money which there is alot of shuttling 2 sat rigs which you should get paid £65 aday for shuttling 2 and from rigs but you dont get it some1else pockets it.
Its about 30000 ayear which compared 2 the north sea of 45-50k ayear after tax you can see the diff but its agood start for offshore do ayear out there and the north-sea companys will take notice of yor cv more.Oh 1 more thing there is no 14hour days you only get the flat 12 hours which is unheard of for offshore it was the first job I worked on offshore where ther was no 14teens!!!

Last edited:
well the money is around 600aweek it you spread it out over the 1month with no perks like hoilday pay shuttling money which there is alot of shuttling 2 sat rigs which you should get paid £65 aday for shuttling 2 and from rigs but you dont get it some1else pockets it.
Its about 30000 ayear which compared 2 the north sea of 45-50k ayear after tax you can see the diff but its agood start for offshore do ayear out there and the north-sea companys will take notice of yor cv more.Oh 1 more thing there is no 14hour days you only get the flat 12 hours which is unheard of for offshore it was the first job I worked on offshore where ther was no 14teens!!!

why the f"ck lads work for these companies is beyond me...just like being had over for money with agencies on the beach....if they are offshore then they should fall under the oca agreement. more than likely they will be pocketing the shuttling money rather than passing it on the men...absolute joke...

Mcdonalds r busy at the minute offshore and they have got nigg kickin off within the next couple of weeks.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

alright scaffs
All I here on these forums is how nobody can get a start offshore well heres a job for you guys its in holland the moneys **** (for offshore)its through an agency for cape and having worked there myself im telling you if you can blag the job you`ll be alright no matter how little tube+fitting exp you have I mean there is some real cowboys out there that should`nt be!!!
so here you go copiusni at 00442890589509 ask for susan I do know that there are were screaming for scaffs because so many guys leave all the time and the job is a massive project and the scaffolding is well behind (because of the cowboys no dought).

i worked for these micky mouse outfit, got told to take my own ppe ffs. The job its self is on the sea fox 2 which is a complete f****** dump the food is crap and the money is crap. Suppose its ok if your trying to get your foot in the door but for lads that have been offshore before its a no go area i did 1 trip and never went back. Hope this helps

Wtf is happening in the north sea? Apparently loadsa work but no one seems to have the contracts been repeatedly phoning the big players but they all say their quiet. Any info of anything coming up would be great lads cheers in advance

Ya b lucky to get owt this time of yr m8. They line u up for crimbo cover if ur not bothered working it might dump u new yr may not. Thts th chance u take but it gets ur foot in th door.

Top Bottom