offshore work?? (1 Viewer)

all the scaffs on the bg armada are on 90 days notice,the partys over for another year,and the blades are out. when did you start with rbg,what day did you start, on here i was on here a trip before you was i not.
i know you started the same day as me but i was on the first chopper give me strength call yersels men:mad:

Worked all most 8 year for salamis and got move about like everyone else then I land on a platform and the first thing the supervisor said was this is my platform and I have 2 years in so don't think you coming on here to take over.
So I opened my bag give him the work pack and said this is the job we are out for now fuckk off.
Hate that **** that's why I Fuckked it off place is full of shiit bags

Aye, Lads, there is a distinct smell of gun powder in the air---the Baz burst---time to fly south for the winter

la la la the party's over it's time to call it a day, they burst your pretty balloon and and taken your job away la la la---one singer one song---best of order now...

of course the yes Men will still be there for the Turkey and feeding of the Bears hard work during the shut down season---

night of the long knives :noworry:

have spanners will travel he took the words oot my mouth.
im not everyones cup of tea,never will be.
but i beleive i can walk into any tea shack on any job onshore or off with my head held high.
there were a couple of guys on the armada given their character to their faces by a wee gem from glesga.big allan downie made up to foreman and shiting on the troops was told to his faceby a scaff from glesga(not me )im on nights.get away from me you fat rat i dont like you and this job will end and no **** will want to know you.fecking class.
another 1 was the robocop,shat on a few over the years.he was outted to everyone in the smokers tv lounge as an out and out scumbag who took pleasure in sending guys down the road,dont talk to the **** hes a dog was the order of the day.
yes andy theres a bundle of shithouses and shitbags but im glad to report they arent all,although they are out numbered:cry:

Am goin to do my offshore course next year is it worth doin I heard if u don't know any one offshore u ant got much of a chance of gettin the start any info war be greatfull

It will be tough Andy as you will already be aware reading through this thread but if you don't do it your chances will be zip. Try making a few connections when you're doing the course and then you just have to knock on doors. Good luck.

I done first Survival about 5 years ago, then my medical, kept on sending C.V.'s to all the relevant company's phoning them also all the time, 2 years past my medical run out so i renewed it again, another 6 months past and after getting seriously sick of sending C.V.'s and phoning all the time, i decided to give up, then out of the blue one day Salamis phoned me asking if i was interested in going offshore the next day, which i accepted jacked in my current job then headed straight to Aberdeen. Been with them ever since.

That's got to be about the longest wait I've heard of yet. As with any goal if you want it you will get it.

How long you been out there now Gingerdog?

Thanks for the info I will do course looks like I in for a long haul what are the best companies to try wen done course

Thanks for that is it a could move to go offshore what are the wages like out there

Thanks for that is it a could move to go offshore what are the wages like out there

Ive heard about £3200 a trip (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off), but i think this depends on what rig your on, hours worked, tickets you have, if your part of a 'core crew', (they get more money, if im thinking right?) - stuff like that.

I think its about £800 a week, or so.
But dont quote me on that, lol.

Unless it's changed I got more cash contracting rather than core crew and to be honest core crew is the pits. All that helideck guff and hanging around would do your nut in. In actual fact the most enjoyable off-shore job I had was the worst paid and the time off was lousy but different rig every trip and a different job kept me amused and the craic was second to none. Core crew means you have your own seat on the chopper, shack and rec room and woe betide any poor contractor that thinks he can sit in it. Soon learned that money and time off was more important though and moved on.

Usually the minimum you take for offshore work is £2,200 a trip for 2 0n -2 off. Think the last time I earned £3,200 a trip 2/2 was about 6 yrs ago and that was on a day rate and n/shift and they were few and far between. I've just rapped a core job out there after 3yrs and the money wasn't that good...I only took it because of the 2/3 slot and a bit of O/T and I had been permanent adhoc for years working for the big three well 4 ,SGB too over my 17 yrs oot there . But I'm not trying to put you off mate...give it a go...good experience and good crack if you get the right rig and a good team of the lads, you can't go wrong.... and of course the right money. Best of luck!!!

Top Bottom