offshore work??

Do u think the offshore work will pick up next year I read that a few people saying it's not doin very good out there at the moment

Picks up every year without fail and next year will be no different. Depending on what you have to loose you still could get in this year with holiday cover but they can just drop you after new year but at least you will have a trip or two under the belt. As long as you go in with your eyes open it's all good.

That's got to be about the longest wait I've heard of yet. As with any goal if you want it you will get it.

How long you been out there now Gingerdog?

Been out with Salamis for 26 months now, currently on the East Brae Platform, clearing 1100 a week for night shift then 192 tax rebate, together 2292 for a 2 week trip.

the ******* things are falling to peices,the moneys not that good when you take it all into consideration.i would agree with aom you are better off bouncing about better patter because noone well most are not under any illusions about the long term prospects,
if you want to work between march and september then hope for the scraps they are all stabbing each other in the back to get best of luck.
the thing i like about it is the jobs there is a lot of very high spec jobs that you can get your teeth into.

Salamis are starting guys all over the place weve had 5 new starts in 10 days on the platform.

I just phoned them about 20mins ago and the they said there's nothing doing at the moment and that was onshore and offshore...what rig you on??

am out in the brae's 3 new starts and 2 first time ever offshore 5 in total have started in my trip some just came from the st fergus shutdown

Load of new starts on the East Brae now 6 what i know of today, just got on today, the word is off the new lads is that Salamis are looking for men and they are struggling to get men, but dont believe everything you here, on here at the moment the wages are 16.75 per hour, 21 per day field break (retainer), lumped together for a 84 hour trip 2100, then your train fare from your nearest station which is taxed, then about 190 tax rebate. We were recently awarded a pay rise which we have not actually got yet, but when we do (hopefully this month) it will be back dated to April, the moneys not the best but its better than pulling your ciunt out for peanuts back on tyneside in all kinds of weather.

so is it about £2500 for a 2 week trip?

better than working 5 days a week for £11 per hour

Top Bottom