hall of SHAME!

Strangely enough if you re arrange the words "essence of beauty" it clearly spells out "Pile of asian crap clearly built by a complete gumby with a double ended spanner who desrerves to be castrated with a desert spoon" I can see it , can you ?

Leave it out Russ!!

It was a Saturday morning, I had a hangover, I was dying for a dump but there was no McDonalds for 15 miles and I only had 4 ready locks on the trailer.

I think it's a fairly decent job considering.

Got to go back next saturday and monarflex it!

Leave it out Russ!!

It was a Saturday morning, I had a hangover, I was dying for a dump but there was no McDonalds for 15 miles and I only had 4 ready locks on the trailer.

I think it's a fairly decent job considering.

Got to go back next saturday and monarflex it!
Why didn't you say Phil, well lets take another look , yes I can see that those rakers wouldn't affect access into the shop ,mainly because nobody would enter a fashion shop owned by asians (they wear pyjamas in the day I'll say no more), also opinions are divided on lift heights, 4m is perfectly accecptable when using 2 readylocks and the "old board for transome" switch trick is common practice on the continent and we are in the eec aren't we so on the whole Phil a fine job.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Why didn't you say Phil, well lets take another look , yes I can see that those rakers wouldn't affect access into the shop ,mainly because nobody would enter a fashion shop owned by asians (they wear pyjamas in the day I'll say no more), also opinions are divided on lift heights, 4m is perfectly accecptable when using 2 readylocks and the "old board for transome" switch trick is common practice on the continent and we are in the eec aren't we so on the whole Phil a fine job.
PS monoflex would smarten it up no end.

Thanks for the positive feedback mate.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

PS monoflex would smarten it up no end.

Ahhhh good old monarflex - Hides a multitude of sins!! :amuse:

Thanks for the positive feedback mate.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Ahhhh good old monarflex - Hides a multitude of sins!! :amuse:
Just like old times Phil ha ha

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

dodgyscaffold.png

have a look at this job i seen yesterday no braces,single handrail , no toe boards
on a major road in Surrey :eek:
Is that a lampost tie I see being used to good effect ? it also seems that rakers on the pavement seem to be a popular, no ,fasionable addition these days, almost like in the late 90's when Trad and the like used to double up unit beams ,one on the inside one on the out side, never could figure that out !!!!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Is that a lampost tie I see being used to good effect ? it also seems that rakers on the pavement seem to be a popular, no ,fasionable addition these days, almost like in the late 90's when Trad and the like used to double up unit beams ,one on the inside one on the out side, never could figure that out !!!!

seen worse and they have been up for years, no shame.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Or transomes on the top lift

nice scooter by the way

seen worse and they have been up for years, no shame.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

nice scooter by the way
Thanks, I love that Lambretta more than life itself !

Yes there sure is some fine work on display here.

Who needs bracing when you can cantiliver the outside ledger out 2.0m on one side and position it behind a lampost?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Who needs bracing when you can cantiliver the outside ledger out 2.0m on one side and position it behind a lampost?

Ok so on reflection I was wrong about the ledger.

But it's still a fine peice of workmanship....

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Ok so on reflection I was wrong about the ledger.

But it's still a fine peice of workmanship....
Cantilever Phil ? I see no cantilever here, I see 2 swirly lampost brackets probably being cunningly pressed into support or tie duty by these super scaffs

Cantilever Phil ? I see no cantilever here, I see 2 swirly lampost brackets probably being cunningly pressed into support or tie duty by these super scaffs

'Super scaffs' is probably a bit of an understatement and overused in this instance mate.

'Finely Tuned Target Scaffolders' is probably more realistic for these tubular Jehovah's.

'Super scaffs' is probably a bit of an understatement and overused in this instance mate.

'Finely Tuned Target Scaffolders' is probably more realistic for these tubular Jehovah's.
Yea I like that Phil ,Tublar Jehovahs sums it up well I think, bet its their ambition to get nicked for overloading their lorry,

Yea I like that Phil ,Tublar Jehovahs sums it up well I think, bet its their ambition to get nicked for overloading their lorry,

Well I doubt whoever they work for wants to waste talent like that on loading lorry's or striking work.

They're no doubt the mysterious 'cream gang' that nobody else ever meets.

Every quality scaffolding outfit has one......

Well I doubt whoever they work for wants to waste talent like that on loading lorry's or striking work.

They're no doubt the mysterious 'cream gang' that nobody else ever meets.

Every quality scaffolding outfit has one......
What, you mean the cash in hand gang who never seem to work on Thursday's for some strange reason ?

What, you mean the cash in hand gang who never seem to work on Thursday's for some strange reason ?

That's it!

One tall skinny bloke who's really chatty and outgoing & one shorter, grumpy bloke who doesn't say anything.

1, Tall fella labours and drives the 7.5 tonner
2, They're usually related by marriage in some way
3, They never talk to each other and you'll only hear the grumpy one speak when he orders breakfast.
4, The grumpy one will then sit and read a tabloid newspaper whilst you chat away merrily to the tall one
5, The skinny one will appear to be oblivious to the fact that the short grumy one is, in fact, a complete and utter prick

Last edited:
That's it!

One tall skinny bloke who's really chatty and outgoing & one shorter, grumpy bloke who doesn't say anything.

3, They never talk to each other and you'll only hear the grumpy one speak when he orders breakfast.
4, The grumpy one will then sit and read a tabloid newspaper whilst you chat away merrily to the tall one
5, The skinny one will appear to be oblivious to the fact that the short grumy one is, in fact, a complete and utter prick
6,The tall one had a scaffold ticket but didn't do the portfollio so its expired, but he can drive the 3.5 tonner.
7,The grumpy short one has Piles and smokes old Holborn.
8,The tall one's daughter was inpregnated by the short ones stepson TWICE !
9,The tall one wears soverign rings and has a front tooth missing.
10,The short one was responsible for knocking out the front tooth of the tall one with a long un ! whilst working on a temporary roof in Wembley or possibly Neasdon.

the only thing liable to the public is the scaffolding lol

right that's it

12. the short one gets picked up at home about 8.30
13.he gets dropped off at the pub about 2.30
14 they're doing towers and saddles for flue liners on council houses
15 if its a terrace one tower goes up and the tall thin one has to walk along the ridge with the flue liners and feed them down the stacks this means mr grumpy gets paid erect and strip for multiple jobs plus cash in hand for fixing said liners
16 tall thin one has to do all loading /unloading in yard

15 if its a terrace one tower goes up and the tall thin one has to walk along the ridge with the flue liners and feed them down the stacks this means mr grumpy gets paid erect and strip for multiple jobs plus cash in hand for fixing said liners
I lke the flu liner dodge, done that myself in less safe days.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

17, The tall one is usualy called Tony and short one will probably be called Pete or Bob.
18, They come to work in an old Granada or vauxhaul omega with a wire coat hanger for an ariel .
19, The short one will have permenant stubble, the tall one will be clean shaven and smell of cheap aftershave, my be a bryl cream user.
20,They both attend the local pub/club on Saturday nights with thier wives/ partners for Karaoke in which the short one will be suprisingly good at Nat king Cole renditions, with the tall one fancying himself as an aging Brian Ferry. They will not talk to each other and sit at opposite ends of the said pub/ club their wives/partners hate each other

I lke the flu liner dodge, done that myself in less safe days.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

17, The tall one is usualy called Tony and short one will probably be called Pete or Bob.
18, They come to work in an old Granada or vauxhaul omega with a wire coat hanger for an ariel .
19, The short one will have permenant stubble, the tall one will be clean shaven and smell of cheap aftershave, my be a bryl cream user.
20,They both attend the local pub/club on Saturday nights with thier wives/ partners for Karaoke in which the short one will be suprisingly good at Nat king Cole renditions, with the tall one fancying himself as an aging Brian Ferry. They will not talk to each other and sit at opposite ends of the said pub/ club their wives/partners hate each other

21, They have a 'hilarious' nickname given to them by the other gangs such as 'the odd couple' or 'slash it & leg it'
22, They have the newest 7.5 tonner in the fleet
23, The short one will have a butch, 17 year old lesbian daughter.
24, The tall one will have 4 year old twins
25, They will go to the same cafe, every single day, regardless of where they are working
26, The owner of the cafe is call 'Al'
27, Tall skinny one has 'set breakfast 2' - egg, bagon, bubble and beans with a coffee
28, Short fat one will have a bacon roll and a tea with 3 sugars
29, Only the skinny one will have a driving license
30, They measure a base out using the classic 'one end of a bubble to the hole = 9" method.

21, They have a 'hilarious' nickname given to them by the other gangs such as 'the odd couple' or 'slash it & leg it'
22, They have the newest 7.5 tonner in the fleet
23, The short one will have a butch, 17 year old lesbian daughter.
24, The tall one will have 4 year old twins
25, They will go to the same cafe, every single day, regardless of where they are working
26, The owner of the cafe is call 'Al'
27, Tall skinny one has 'set breakfast 2' - egg, bagon, bubble and beans with a coffee
28, Short fat one will have a bacon roll and a tea with 3 sugars
29, Only the skinny one will have a driving license
30, They measure a base out using the classic 'one end of a bubble to the hole = 9" method.
31,They will live in towerblocks opposite to each other, probably on or near the 7th floor, the tall one will have a mountain bike on his balcony with 2 flat tyres and covered in pigeon crap, the short one will have an old rowing machine on his. On both balconys there will be dog ends everwhere in ashtrays full of rain water.
32, there will be an old Jag on axle stands belonging to the short fat one in his alloted parking bay, an obligatory transit flat bed with a stock car will be parked next to it. This is law.
33,The tall one will have a 7ft tube jacked into the roof of his daughters bedroom roof for pole dance practice before ,she got pregnant by the short ones stepson, this will have "Property of sgb" ramped into it with some dubious staining.

Top Bottom