Forum Members with Advanced Cards

the GREAT BRITISH EMPIRE was hard won by our nations warrior breed.

if the officers and footsoldiers were all lumped into the same MESS do you really think we would have created the GREATEST EMPIRE THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN.
it makes sense to give the GOLD CARD THIEIR OWN SPACE, and after the initial outbursts and dissent i for one beleive the forum will become stronger for it;)

the GREAT BRITISH EMPIRE was hard won by our nations warrior breed.

if the officers and footsoldiers were all lumped into the same MESS do you really think we would have created the GREATEST EMPIRE THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN.
it makes sense to give the GOLD CARD THIEIR OWN SPACE, and after the initial outbursts and dissent i for one beleive the forum will become stronger for it;)

Spot on once again Happy. When we created the British Empire we knew how to deal with dissenters......a firing squad or keelhauling soon put a stop to it. They knew their place and followed orders.

ecitb plastic cards no trainning

ECITB = on site training with experienced scaffolders.
400 kv you haven't a clue pal cisrs is a load of crap 3 years make you an advance scaffolder pmsl you Mong I've been in the game 13 years and still learning of the old boys. Have some resect FFS

400kv = PUTLOG MONKEY !!!!!

Last edited:
the great british empire 2 world wars what for to give it all away are granddads would turn in there graves well mine wood

ECITB = on site training with experienced scaffolders.
400 kv you haven't a clue pal cisrs is a load of crap 3 years make you an advance scaffolder pmsl you Mong I've been in the game 13 years and still learning of the old boys. Have some resect FFS

400kv = PUDLOCK MONKEY !!!!!

WTF is pudlock?

Lol yeah took me bloody 3 years to get back to advance with cisrs. As I was ecitb lvlb,
There's lads who I was on the courses been doing it three months useless I think a few are advanced scaffs now and they haven't a clue but big wages all the resposablity of each job put up there jobs look like kplunk !!!! that's why I say cisrs is dog S H I T cos it lets these divs on site most are liability although some small few are good lads.....

PUTLOG scaffold use to be small like spades that bolted to 5ft tubes that went into small gaps in between brickwork so you lose you inside standards it was a load of S H I T.... hence PUTLOG monkey any numty can erect it lmao

Last edited:
Lol yeah took me bloody 3 years to get back to advance with cisrs. As I was ecitb lvlb,
There's lads who I was on the courses been doing it three months useless I think a few are advanced scaffs now and they haven't a clue but big wages all the resposablity of each job put up there jobs look like kplunk !!!! that's why I say cisrs is dog S H I T cos it lets these divs on site most are liability although some small few are good lads.....

PUDLOCK scaffold use to be small like spades that bolted to 5ft tubes that went into small gaps in between brickwork so you lose you inside standards it was a load of S H I T.... hence PUDLOCK monkey any numty can erect it lmao

I think you mean 'putlog' mate...

I thats the one ha ha I pad loves changing ur words : )

Last edited:
any numpty can do putlog as its in the part 1 or was in the part 1 for citb
would the citb advanced card holders still be classed a useless nowadays even though they still built the same jobs at the centres,and no portfolio and assesment unlike the new cisrs with nvq/svq
just a thought ;)

any numpty can do putlog as its in the part 1 or was in the part 1 for citb
would the citb advanced card holders still be classed a useless nowadays even though they still built the same jobs at the centres,and no portfolio and assesment unlike the new cisrs with nvq/svq
just a thought ;)

I would say not happy,in those days advance scaffolders were as rare as hens teeth and only a handful went on to be advance,unlike nowadays where advance courses are churning out lads who haven't been in the game long enough to warrant advance status,i would say that about 99.9% of a scaffolders knowledge should be learned through practice in the field over many years,i,e,experience!!!then go and get your card,instead fella's are turning up with a gold card and no clue as to the knowledge and responsibility that goes with that status,though i'm sure there are still a few who earn it the old way,by the way is the old citb card obsolete nowadays?i might chuck my cisrs cards in the bin and bring out a proper scaffs card,lol:idea::)

Citb card has been obsolete since 1997/98 since the introduction of the cisrs so just keep bringing it out and looking at it with a tear in your eye.
We all know there is an issue with the training or lack of it as it seems but until scaffs can unite and actually fight for proper trade recognition the issue will never be resloved.
Bf i will talk more indepth with you in the vip section on this matter;)

Citb card has been obsolete since 1997/98 since the introduction of the cisrs so just keep bringing it out and looking at it with a tear in your eye.
We all know there is an issue with the training or lack of it as it seems but until scaffs can unite and actually fight for proper trade recognition the issue will never be resloved.
Bf i will talk more indepth with you in the vip section on this matter;)

I don't like talking too much on the open forum, but I believe that only advanced scaffolders should be recognised as skilled.

Part 1's & 2's are just Labradors and need to be treated as such.

I don't like talking too much on the open forum, but I believe that only advanced scaffolders should be recognised as skilled.

Part 1's & 2's are just Labradors and need to be treated as such.

Agreed. And scaffolding contractors should be forced to pay the advanced skilled men a minimum of five pounds an hour more than they pay the unskilled part 1's and 2's.

Agreed. And scaffolding contractors should be forced to pay the advanced skilled men a minimum of five pounds an hour more than they pay the unskilled part 1's and 2's.

I believe that FISA have approved that rule.

I, for one, applaud FISA on their tough stance.

when i was a lowly part 1 in 1990 i was working with an Old Irish Scaffolder on a New Build Gas Plant.I was keen to learn and keen to get on so i was quizzing him on being Advanced.
i asked TIMMY WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOUR ADVANCED he replied A BAD BACK CARRYING ***** LIKE YOU.
HE WAS RIGHT AND IT MADE ME EVEN MORE DETERMINEDTO GET MY ADVANCED AND THE BAD BACK ;)

whats the saying..
part 2>not a clue
advanced>no chance

i know plenty of part 2 boys that are far better than advanced... IT IS JUST A CARD...

In a deck of cards Part 1> queen Part 2> king Advance> The ACE of the pack

Yep i have to agree since purchasing some gold spray paint and spraying my pt2 ticket, i've had £20 a day pay rise with brand new van and fuel card (gold) and get all the complex work like basing out, putlog scaffolds and gable ends and occasionally the odd birdcage :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Top Bottom