Calling all Impact Wrench users!

Does the frims recharge yer batteries for you????

Or do you charge them at home?

And if so do yer frim pay for electric?

Hitachi WR14DL 14.4V Impact Wrench (WR-14-DL)

according to this 45 mins? its quite a bit less to buy than the makita equivalent, its 14.4v the makita is 18v, is 18v better & why?

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hitachi HXP Li-ion Tools are covered by a Lifetime Tool Warranty
Hitachi HXP Li-ion Batteries are covered by a two year professional warranty

18v is better because it's slightly heavier duty and therefore working below it's capacity to do the same job. The Ah is also important for the life of the battery. There are 24v units out there but the Makita came well recommended on the forum and that was good enough for me.

i av had one for a few weeks now luv it to bits even take it to bed (no jokes boys) i suffer wiv carpal tunnel so for me its brill, u soon get used to the weight on ur belt however my big ben spanner is always wiv me

Aye Nutty, you soon get used to the weight but do you ever stop feeling like a total toss pot with a power tool strapped to you?:eek:

I still like it though.:cool:

Yeah mate, it is a addition to the Spanner not a replacement.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Every yardman should also have one, for sevicing fittings, i had a bin of so called knackered fittings, my Makita cracked 95% of them. Now they are back out on the sites.:eek:

when i was a spanner man (pmsl) i cudnt keep up wiv the drills!! i av a makita quite small but powerful enuff, when doin new build if u set ur ins standard 13" off the wall u can get it on the back of the dub to do up i think they're the future lads. i know lads hu say they are as quick wiv a spanner "Wana race?"

I had the fitting done up and shouting for the next tube and the boy's I was working with were still screwing the nut back to put it on the standard. That's not a race Nutty.

is the makita the best then? they are all around £280 mark, i need one & just need to make my mind up, has anyone got any links to anything cheaper:idea:

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Hitachi WR14DL 14.4v Impact Wrench 3Ah Lithium Batteries 1/2 Sq Drive

I`ve used 3 different wrenches over the past year , the Makita btw251 , a Hilti 14.4v and currently using a Milwaukee 18v Milwaukee C18IW-32 18 volt impact wrench with variable speed trigger

Hard to pick a favourite as they all have good points , also , the Hitachi you link to looks a good deal and Hitachi are a very well respected brand .

The Makita has excellent battery life and a 22 minute charger , but , i did find it struggled a little when stripping anything that was erected with the Hilti , on paper it has more oomph! than the Hilti , so , might just be a " bad un "

The Hilti is a little lighter than the Makita and the Hilti warranties are bulletproof for first 2 years , 2 speed/torque settings which is also good point . I was not keen on the chunkier handle of the Hilti compared to the Makita , but , got used to it after a while. Battery life not as good as Makita , but , still very good .

The Milwaukee is slightly heavier than above 2 but feels very well built , battery life is on a par if not better than the Makita , and the option for 1.5ah battery to bring the weight down is good for me as i spend half my time on the tools and half in the office/estimating . Power is very good and 3 year warranty is very welcome ( 2 year on battery ) .

I Would choose the Hilti or Milwaukee over the Makita , but , that is only because the warranties are better , performance wise it`s a 3 way tie :D

hitachi slightly cheaper here Hitachi WR14DL 14.4V Impact Wrench - 2 x 3.0Ah Li-ion Batteries | Powertools2u

Hi topscaff, good post. I couldn't remember the name earlier but it was the Milwaukee I was referring to earlier when I said I was offered a 24v one but it was over 400 brick. I think I will be ordering at least one more and considered it but I do like uniformity e.g torque values. Was your's the 24 and if so could you notice the difference?

Hi topscaff, good post. I couldn't remember the name earlier but it was the Milwaukee I was referring to earlier when I said I was offered a 24v one but it was over 400 brick. I think I will be ordering at least one more and considered it but I do like uniformity e.g torque values. Was your's the 24 and if so could you notice the difference?

Mine is an 18v aom , max torque 250 ish nm - i have tested all of mine with a torque wrench and a 2 second blast with the milwaukee results in 60 - 65 nm , also , when testing , i found the milwaukee a bit easier to judge when trying to hit a certain torque value , the hilti would always be over tight and makita under .

Was this the one you were offered ? "Milwaukee Electric Tools"

if so , i did have a play with one in the shop and it is a beast , a good kilo heavier and enough torque to make mincemeat out of pressed steel fittings :eek:

Looks like it, maybe just stick to the makita as we do have a load of pressed steel. Never found the makita to be under strength for tightening, tried to tighten a few with the spanner after the wrench but couldn't budge them. I suppose that will be another concern without a gauge they will be looking for training certs for using these things if they find a load of different scaffs getting different settings using the same machine.

Hi topscaff, you were bang on with the big 28v. I had a wee shot in the shop today as the guy had ordered a couple for the water board boy's who are using them to join the high pressure pipe. It's also a good bit bigger and the 1 kilo difference feels like a lot more when it's all sticking out the erse end.

Top Bottom