Calling all Impact Wrench users!

Hilti part number for the Wrench please,plus attachments, also which is better, red viking swears by his Makita.

You might want to consider this on e-bay today.

Item no. 250717212980 £184.99 + £10 p&p

Compact and light and half the RRP

I cant see how a 'Firm can make them swap to Battery operated wrenchs' instead of a fit for purpose scaffolding spanner, when these 'impact wrenchs' are not 'made for fit for purpose scaffolding tools'.

until they are certificated for torque value for scaffold fittings i will not be using one, however, no prejudice to the guys that do use them now.

I will never get rid of the swingover but the impact wrench in the long run is saving wear and tear on the body .
With no disrespect to the offshore / petro-chem lads (I now you do work hard ) to lads who have no choice on price work and have done so for years loading your own lorries ,rope and wheel doing it in all weathers etc and who know they have no ambition to go in the office how will you end up ?? taxi driver ?, landlord for a few years til you drink the profits ? or retire without the buggered wrist and shoulders ?
I remember when the ratchets came on the scene and I got comments like '' how much ? £45 f%*k off'' and '' If you do that joint up to hard you will pull the topper out '' As I have said in the past if one man in a gang of three has one it is a real help , you get into a pattern where the man with the impact driver wraps the hemps up and all the fronts of doubles which can take an age thus leaving the other boys to set out what's next .
As for the torque is there anything in black and white which tells us what are fittings should be done up to ? and if there is how do we know how to measure it seeing as though we use are hands ?

Notice the disclaimer.

Battery energy 37.44 Wh
Weight in accordance with EPTA-Procedure 01/2003 1.6 kg
Rated voltage 14.4 V
Battery capacity 2.6 Ah
Battery type Li-ion B 144/2.6
Adjustable torque Yes
Max. torque 155 Nm
Max. torque, setting 1 116 Nm
Max. torque, setting 2 155 Nm
A-weighted sound power level acc. EN 60745 104 dB (A)
A-weighted emission sound pressure level acc. EN 60745 93 dB (A)
Hammering speed (under load 100%) 3400 impacts/minute
Dimensions (LxWxH) 162 x 73 x 235 mm
Chuck style 1/2 in square with round detent
Variable speed switch Yes
Reversing switch Yes
Usage Disclaimer Corded and cordless impact tools are not torque controlled power tools. Impact tools are not recommended for fastening screws or anchors that require specified torque values.
Lifetime Service 2 years

However, i have taken onboard Red vikings, views on Hand powered torque values, anyway enough of torqueing on a sun night, going for a browse of my other favourite subject, BBL:cool:

Notice the disclaimer.

Battery energy 37.44 Wh
Weight in accordance with EPTA-Procedure 01/2003 1.6 kg
Rated voltage 14.4 V
Battery capacity 2.6 Ah
Battery type Li-ion B 144/2.6
Adjustable torque Yes
Max. torque 155 Nm
Max. torque, setting 1 116 Nm
Max. torque, setting 2 155 Nm
A-weighted sound power level acc. EN 60745 104 dB (A)
A-weighted emission sound pressure level acc. EN 60745 93 dB (A)
Hammering speed (under load 100%) 3400 impacts/minute
Dimensions (LxWxH) 162 x 73 x 235 mm
Chuck style 1/2 in square with round detent
Variable speed switch Yes
Reversing switch Yes
Usage Disclaimer Corded and cordless impact tools are not torque controlled power tools. Impact tools are not recommended for fastening screws or anchors that require specified torque values.
Lifetime Service 2 years

However, i have taken onboard Red vikings, views on Hand powered torque values, anyway enough of torqueing on a sun night, going for a browse of my other favourite subject, BBL:cool:

BBL is that Bum Boy Love Paddy :D

BBL is that Bum Boy Love Paddy :D

And all this coming from a Forum moderator, supposedly the benchmark for the PC brigade, well i never, actualy BBL, was for be back later, however, after further deliberation, after viewing my other favourite site, it stands for, 'Big Bubbly Ladies';)

And all this coming from a Forum moderator, supposedly the benchmark for the PC brigade, well i never, actualy BBL, was for be back later, however, after further deliberation, after viewing my other favourite site, it stands for, 'Big Bubbly Ladies';)

PM me the link if its ladies
thumb1.gif

Which reminds me we haven't had a BOTW vote lately so heres a teaser
Models-081.jpg

Models-098.jpg

impact wrench is the way forward it makes ur job alot easier especially for straight runs or striking jobs.

Watch out a safety officer pulled m about the noise levels, next your be wearing ear defenders.

Dont use one, but the steel erectors on the job I'm on at the minute do and they have to wear ear muffs.

thread resurrection:

what are the model numbers for

1.hilti
2.makita
3.any others

any links to the universal holster thing, i may get one of these in the very near future :D;)

hilti SIW 144A - https://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-333516

Makita BTW251RFE - Makita Direct

Makita BTW152RFE 14.4V - Makita BTW152RFE 14.4V LXT Impact Wrench (2 x 3.0Ah Li-Ion Batteries) (BTW-152-RFE)

Milwaukee also do a very powerful 18v wrench for a similar price
Milwaukee C18IW-32 18 volt impact wrench with variable speed trigger

also a lighter 12v wrench that packs enough punch for scaffolding , would probably need to upgrade to 3.0 amp batteries though
Milwaukee C12IW-22 12 volt cordless impact wrench

3 year warranty on the tool and 2 yr on batteries which is a big plus in my book .

Panasonic also do a 3 speed wrench in 14.4v which has a low setting of 50Nm
Panasonic EY7541LN2S 14.4v Impact Wrench 3Ah Lithium Batteries 1/2 Sq Drive

For carrying i use one of these , much more freedom than a drill pouch

http://www.axminster.co.uk/bigg-lugg-2-belt-clip-and-bungee-ball-prod719340/

Last edited:
the panasonic one looks good value, thanks for the info

If i didn`t already have a Makita i would most likely be using the Panny myself , the Panasonic batteries ( made by Sony i believe ) are fantastic and go on and on ....

Top Bottom