Calling all Impact Wrench users!

Er, I haven't really got that much more to say. I just want to get to 600 posts before I get ready to go out tonight.....

Hurry up Phil mate,Asda shuts at 10 plus theres hardly any deals left;)

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Pictures are property of red viking, and this is his wrench, hope you dont mind RV mate.
003.jpg

002.jpg

ive had one for the last 3 months
took a day or two to get use to the weight of it
would never go back to the swing over
hilti in a makita universal frog , ratchet and tape all have there places in and aruond the frog
24v charger in the truck
all the blokes laughed at first
theres now a few who are considering them
it is twice as fast
both erecting and striking
its a big thumbs up from me , and no more aching wrists

only from the other activity you do when you get home.
is it a guaranteed torque even when the battery is running low?

Ok bud, ive been scaffolding 30 years and them impact wrenches, are the best thing to come out of scaffolding they are quick efficent and saves your bloody arm/wrist from any injury,,well done to the guy/s who thought of this,this method now is common practice in london./south...it will come wide spread eventually..

Might give one a trial, however, need a nudge in the right direction i.e Best make,price,attachments socket and holder plus Lanyard. Any advice appreciated.

drill has a 4 bar meter on the batterey , 20 min fast charge , you get 2 battereys , no loss of torque , makita universal frog off ebay 20 quid. socket from makita 8 quid {short shank}or spark plug socket from halfords a fiver ,

Has anyone used the Dewalt DW053K2 and the Hilti if so which is best?

drill has a wrist strap on it , and they are just shy of 13 quid a month from fleet hire , 3 year contract , if it breaks they send a curreir out to collect it and give you a replacement till yours is fixed ,

Ok bud, ive been scaffolding 30 years and them impact wrenches, are the best thing to come out of scaffolding they are quick efficent and saves your bloody arm/wrist from any injury,,well done to the guy/s who thought of this,this method now is common practice in london./south...it will come wide spread eventually..

Not true mate. We have one lad (out of 40) who uses one on occassion.

Apart from him, I have never seen a scaffolder working in London (or anywhere else for that matter) with one of these drills.

I live in South London and I work in Cental London. I also know lots and lots of scaffolders - none of whom use these drills for scaffolding purposes.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Last edited:
the hilti one is 14 volt so it has a smaller battery , making it slightly lighter , but you need to change more often , ille do both batteries in a day . but ille change them at 10 and 1 any way , no big drama . makita is 18 volt just a bigger heavier battery lasts slightly longer , the batteries are lithium , so they can be put on charge even if there half full with out damageing there life span ,

Not true mate. We have one lad (out of 40) who uses one on occassion.

Apart from him, I have never seen a scaffolder working in London (or anywhere else for that matter) with one of these drills.

I live in South London and I work in Cental London. I also know lots and lots of scaffolders - none of whom use these drills for scaffolding purposes.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

There are plenty of scaffs in South Wales using either the Dewalt, Makita or Hilti impact wrenches (impact wrench not drill) and have been for many years, maybe London will catch up soon.

There are plenty of scaffs in South Wales using either the Dewalt, Makita or Hilti impact wrenches (impact wrench not drill) and have been for many years, maybe London will catch up soon.

Maybe.

Wales is not really somewhere I spend much time.

Yeah maybe.

I've heard they love cockney wan*ers like me in Wales...

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

We don't have a Cardiff depot.

You work for Lyndon don't you?

Top Bottom