Anybody want a job in Dubai contact me...........

I get many messages like the one received below.

One cannot fault the guys for looking for work, but although there is plenty of the same info that i have replied with, contained within many threads on the subject, the message is still not getting through it seems.

Perhaps the SF Administrator might ike to make a general point regarding the requirements for people looking for work in other countries, especially the Middle East, because both the seekers of work and the repliers to their mails are wasting a load of time here.

Quote:

is there any work for part1/labourers out in dubai if so could you get back to me thanx

Yes, plenty of work if you don't mind earning 100 pounds a month for 6 or 7 days work of 10+ hours a day and living in a ****** room, infested with cockroaches and sharing with 5 or more curry eating and therefore smelly Pakistani or Indian fellow workers.
You need to read the earlier threads on this. Basically, you will not get out of Britan unless you have good supervisory experience and in these places, being a supervisor is not as in the UK generally. Here you will manage the operation and that can mean a few hundred guys under you, often on different sites and you have to do all the paperwork around those operations. You really need experience of being a manager. Some get there with just the supervisory experience if they have the right connections, but some of the Indian and Nepali guys are so good now and with CITB training, that those basic supervisor jobs are few and far between.
Regards,
John.

Last edited:
john is right,its not like there at all.if have trouble running 20 30 40 men here,dont bother replying for abroad,makesure your good not just at supervising or running men,but good at loads paperwork aswell guys,good luck,cos its more of a headache than you think.i"ve seen some Indians CVs aswell,blow me away what they had done and had on them,deploma"s degree"s everything,why the fcuk scaffolding supervisors need them never know.

john is right,its not like there at all.if have trouble running 20 30 40 men here,dont bother replying for abroad,makesure your good not just at supervising or running men,but good at loads paperwork aswell guys,good luck,cos its more of a headache than you think.i"ve seen some Indians CVs aswell,blow me away what they had done and had on them,deploma"s degree"s everything,why the fcuk scaffolding supervisors need them never know.

Yep, some of the TCN supervisory staff are well over qualified for the job that they do, but in these countries, if they do not get these qualifications, they have very little possibility of climbing out of the mega rat race that they all come from.
Some of the stories that i hear from these people about everyday life in these countries, are appalling and although i do not agree with allowing any further immigrants into the UK, i can well see why so many are desperate to try.
Going back to the over qualification of some of these people, not all the 'Degrees' are legit anyway.
I had a supervisor working for me last year, who proudly announced that he had finally passed his Degree in Environmemtal Studies the day before. I was surprised, as he had worked for me for over a year and had never mentioned it.
A week or so later, he proudly mailed me a scanned copy of his Degree, which had been issued from some unheard of University in US Redneck country. I Googled the place and found that you could buy the degree based on 'life experiences' for around $800, and a doctorate for $1200. This guy had obviously decided to go the whole hog, because he now calls himself Dr Hussain and in fact has had his 'qualification', attested by the US authorities (no surprise there), the Pakistani authorities (no surprise there either as he had already had a different passport issued with 10 years knocked off his life to get the visa for Abu Dhabi in the first place - wonderful what money will do in these countries), and it was also fully attested by the UAE authorities, which is much more worrying, as this dude (and many others like him), will end up in some quite well paid (for them), job that should be filled by a European with proper experience and properly legit qualifications.
This is what you are up against and basically, it's a mixed up, unbalanced World out in the Middle East and you've really got to be well experienced or have the right connections to get anywhere sadly, so be warned.
One point i would like to make to some of the guys that critisised a recent job that i posted, for which the pay was not so good.
In 1983, i was offered a 3-4 month shutdown job on a place called Das Island, which for those who don't know, is a small place in the middle of the Gulf, about 100 miles off Abu Dhabi.
The money was crap for the hours, but it gave me one important thing and that was that i could put on my CV that i'd worked in the Middle East.
I then returned to the UK and started my own small business with the money that i had managed to save. That i ran for 13 years before becoming pissed off with the whole thing, but with patience, the old Middle East experience and the experience of managing my own business, i managed to get out here again.
I've since done some further training and moved what i do slightly sideways, but i've worked in various places around the Middle East, North Africa and Europe, for some of the big players and consider myself fortunate, but i underline the point - if you get the chance of some experience in one of these places, even if the money is no good, take it and at least get some experience under your belt, because it really is an investment for the future and i've done well out of the original short term, poorly paid shut down job.
Her endeth todays lesson.

john if get anything in further i would no mind at all working for you as supervisor or foreman.i mean anywhere in the world that is.

Any vacancies that i hear of, i always post on SF to give some of the lads a chance, just keep looking on the Jobs section.

Just found this thread in the depths when I did a search. Thought i'd bring it back to the top. Let's see if I can catch any fish, here goes..... :laugh:

My Uncle was a Bricky on site... can i work in Dubai as a Scaffolder???

Hi Im new to the site could you PM me any details for getting over to Dubai I havent got my part 1 yet but Im a really hard grafter and learn quickly! Also Id have to apply for my passport as its ran out! Thanks Gareth!

Only joking mate just having a read through this old thread, some funny ******* about eyh :)

Cos i'll tell you after coming back today I cannot see what the big fuss is about. Fu.cking driving absolutely everywhere, can't walk from one place to another. The safety I have seen there is unbelievable. Tonnes of Yellow jelly there, thousands of Indians and the most dangerous drivers I have ever had the displeasure to see (Also Indians).

Big disappointment for me and it definitely put to bed the thought of wanting to go and work out there.
Would love a crack at Dubai if u could give me details that would be great cheers malky1888

I'll get havespannerwilltravel to call you tomorrow or you could pm him on here, here's his profile mate Scaffolders Forum | Scaffold Tools | Scaffolding Jobs and Courses - View Profile: Havespannerwilltravel

ATTENTION: ALL SCAFFOLDERS WANTING TO WORK IN EXOTIC LOCATIONS OVERSEAS (Thats places with palm trees and sunshine for those who dont know).
PEOPLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THEY HAVE COMPLETED A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS SERVICE IN LONDON WITH EITHER PHIL181 OR VANCOUVERLEEDSLONDONBOY.
Please contact them and send me a PM in 2017.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

In fact VLLB has an advert out elsewhere on this page.

ATTENTION: ALL SCAFFOLDERS WANTING TO WORK IN EXOTIC LOCATIONS OVERSEAS (Thats places with palm trees and sunshine for those who dont know).
PEOPLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THEY HAVE COMPLETED A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS SERVICE IN LONDON WITH EITHER PHIL181 OR VANCOUVERLEEDSLONDONBOY.
Please contact them and send me a PM in 2017.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

In fact VLLB has an advert out elsewhere on this page.

Applications will only be accepted in writing fellas. Send all enquiries to:-

Blue Peter
MediaCityUK
Salford
M50 2BH

Top Bottom