offshore work??

Nah never heard of it mate. For 700 quid you can do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Lancasterscaff

Unless you are a longterm employee ( member of Core Crew ) you got very little chance of a Company sponsoring offshore certs...

Most of the Guys are self funding and have been for some time...

You may have to take a gamble and pay for it yourself and hope that a Service Company gives you a chance offshore...

Keep at them bud, unfortunately it's fastest finger first. Good luck!

stork still looking for scaffs
focal point was asking if knew any one needing a start
on tuesday before we left the platform

Anyone else off to the Nelson platform for stork on friday or know what it's like?

I'm going to the nelson platform mate. Never been before first trip with stork! Hopefully it will be ok :)

can anyone tell me what the oca travel expenses agreement covers?
eg is it a single, 2 x singles ,return, anytime or off peak rail fare ?

cheers in advance.

Looking for a fellow offshore scaff to give me a bit of info on stand by pay.

I have been bed busted before i checked in and i have been told that i am on stand by and my pay will be 1/2 rig rate for 40 hours a week, just wondering if this is right.

Cheers

Looking for a fellow offshore scaff to give me a bit of info on stand by pay.

I have been bed busted before i checked in and i have been told that i am on stand by and my pay will be 1/2 rig rate for 40 hours a week, just wondering if this is right.

Cheers

Dundee lad I've never been fortunate enough to be in ur position so I'm unsure what the official outcome is... The 2 times I have been bed busted I recieved full rig rate for the remainder of each 14 day trip but I only scored a couple of days at the end of a trip on both occasions. I dunno what the crack is if u get bed busted before u even check in buddy it will depend who u work for and the oil/gas contractor. Not a bad result at half rig rate an a reckon u will remain on stand by money till u get back offshore so 4 weeks stand by = 14days pay an u won't get taxed as much :D

Cheers for the info mate. Iv been bed busted 3 days into a trip so that was happy days off on full pay but this half rig rate for 40 hours a weeks is no much use llf, basically 350 a week

Cheers for the info mate. Iv been bed busted 3 days into a trip so that was happy days off on full pay but this half rig rate for 40 hours a weeks is no much use llf, basically 350 a week

They can pay me £350 for sittin in the house if they like :laugh: I chopper out the morra... Devastated :cry: lol

Top Bottom