offshore work??

Got to undertake OGUK medical can anyone tell me how long the treadmill test will be because im a really fat f***er.

Is the company insisting you have this or are you paying for it yourself

If its Stork it may well be 3 steps up 9 inch per step ,

Cape are just 1 step up 9 inch ,

This can last 10 minuets you will have hart moderating equipment wired up on your chest
This is part of the ERT medical if you have ERT duties
But Cape and Stork are now asking all employees to under take this every 12 months
If you want to work for them
If you are new start and fail it you will get a 3 month dispensation only if the company are willing to take you on.
IE go to the next person on the new start list .

I put a post on this info to warm all Scaffs that this is coming to a rig near you

Good luck on the day and keep us posted on your progress

Is the company insisting you have this or are you paying for it yourself

If its Stork it may well be 3 steps up 9 inch per step ,

Cape are just 1 step up 9 inch ,

This can last 10 minuets you will have hart moderating equipment wired up on your chest
This is part of the ERT medical if you have ERT duties
But Cape and Stork are now asking all employees to under take this every 12 months
If you want to work for them
If you are new start and fail it you will get a 3 month dispensation only if the company are willing to take you on.
IE go to the next person on the new start list .

I put a post on this info to warm all Scaffs that this is coming to a rig near you

Good luck on the day and keep us posted on your progress

Thanks for that but im just like any other scaff I like my kebabs and beer. 5 minutes ill be ok but im f***ed after that on a treadmill. I can run to the pub in 3 mins.

Make it in under 2 and you will be laughing.
I have to do this as I am part of the ert team , I ain`t no keep fit fan (all woofters) have a 10 min walk before you go for your medical it`s amazing the difference it makes to your heart moniter readings.

Make it in under 2 and you will be laughing.
I have to do this as I am part of the ert team , I ain`t no keep fit fan (all woofters) have a 10 min walk before you go for your medical it`s amazing the difference it makes to your heart moniter readings.

Thanks for the advice. yeh good idea or smash the missus before I go to get the blood pumping. but what can I do for the next 9 and half minutes. :laugh:

First time I have heard of Muelenhan, what are they like to work with?

My bro and dad work for them my bros been on the Clyde for about a year and a half he makes good money with them my dad is contracts supervisor onshore thinking of going back myself as am offshore with stork just now

Will have to get my cv sent off to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had a start lately? been trying with cv and calls still no luck ....just wondered if people was getting starts or is it still to early ?

Anyone get a shout from Stork for the Golden Eye project? I was speaking to the co-ordinator women and she says she has 40 new starts.

Anyone get a shout from Stork for the Golden Eye project? I was speaking to the co-ordinator women and she says she has 40 new starts.

I was on courses last week an one of them was all lads goin out 2 the golden eagle some of them were long termers the rest had been with stork previously and just started back. Seems like a good number with a £75 a day uplift an no doubt get ur ham on there every night. It's Mila Koblyakova u wanna speak 2 if there's any spaces

Yeah I got training tomorrow and the rest of the week for it, working at height training etc.. What's that all about?

Yeah I got training tomorrow and the rest of the week for it, working at height training etc.. What's that all about?

It's a lot of sh1t pal if u get an instructor called Joe ur sorted he's spot on. Level 2 is very basic stuff and Level 3 is training for using miller retrieval block which is also pretty basic. Don't get me wrong the dummy u pull up weighs over 100kg when the instructor attaches a flange onto it but it's a good crack an we were out the door by 2pm :D

Got this message last night and was asked to pass it on! I'm just starting a petition for a £2 uplift for scaffolders to be brought in-line with other working at height trades, I'm part of the oca negotiation team and tried to push for it last year but they knocked it back,saying I need a petition to show how the work force feel about the subject, all I need is there name/address/contact details, if you could try and get some names together and send them to my email address: markjohnryan1968@yahoo.co.uk I'd appreciate it. Cheers mark Ryanless

Hi guys quick question one of my apprentices is going for his part 1 and 2 kwikstage tickets and then going for his part 2 tube n fitting after that can he go offshore with that or does he need part 1 tube n fitting aswell

Aslong as he has his tube and fitting part 2 assessment he will be fine.

alrite fellow scaffs need help please is there any companys about that would put you through the off shore courses cheers lads

Top Bottom