offshore work??

Well for one Oil companies for one, they will have to pick up the bill to contract more flights .Some are taken the easy way out by holding back some of there work load
Some will cut back on manpower
Some will try 3x3 and keep the core crew on 2x3 split camp again
Some new lads trying to get a kick inn have no chance
And Unite the union who started this home safe campaign has now back fired on there members who will fall into this category
So there is some panic out there for the lads who thought good and hard for these terms and conductions
Hope we get some more feed back on this as it might just be rumours out in the north sea

Ah right I go off in a couple of weeks, typical union though mate just a shambles now. It's always the lads getting the sh1tty end of the stick.

I do feel sorry for guys trying to get a kick in but something had to done about the seating arrangements on the choppers , I`m no lightweight but the size of some of the guys offshore is a disgrace and the fact the survivors of the Shetland incident were knocking lumps out of each other to escape sums it up. More investment in getting to and from the platforms is whats needed.

Very true mate, I'm was on the island when the chopper went down. The big firms only react, they never try to prevent it happening in the first place.

More investment yes that is the way forward but these Oil cartels will blame the CAA for these changes
As you know yourself if these choppers are going down
You have to fight for your life regards less whos on-board
These firms should be putting more cash into designing a chopper that fits the north sea work load
not taken the cheap way out by reducing the Persons on-board
It will be a night mare in the winter months as the sea state has also be down graded to 4.5 m SWH
a lot to look at in the coming months

Your right Oldscaff and being from Glesga I have the advantage of being very adept at sticking the nut on the guy I have my legs stuck between so he`s not getting out my window, the race to be first or last on the chopper sums it up really.
I first started offshore in 1991 and still can`t relax on the choppers but the workforce is needed out there as most of the platforms are hulks of rust so heads will have to be scratched and something sorted.

Been trying for a while now with no luck ! got my advanced and advanced inspection ...sent emails to stork,cape,rbg,salamis,macdonalds....but nothing

Its been a very sluggish start to the Season, there are several Major Campaigns under starters orders...my Nephew has a mobilisation date ( 5 May ), by the end of May the Service Coz should be screaming for Scaffs...

Just keep kickin at the door...

just got a start offshore on the 19th of this month, its my first trip and im going with stork... anyone know the rate of pay?

Here we go again...

When you get your check inn time ask for your terms and conditions
The pay rate will sometimes depend on the platform you are sent to.

also you must ask how long your trip will be 1 or 2 or 3 weeks
Don,t be to shy to ask just because its your first trip,
remember your a Scaffolder...

You do not want to get out to the rig and start asking what the cash is,, you might get slaughtered by your fellow Scaffs

Get it from your Hr contact they have to confirm all TC of the job you are heading out to
Have a safe trip and watch, watch, watch, everything
If you follow this prescription every time to you head out offshore you should be OK

once you get a few trips you should be getting into the Oilc union (01224210118)
for you and your family's protection as you never know what lies around the conner in the Offshore game
Keep us posted were your off to,
as someone on here may be looking out for you
Good luck and be safe

im off up to aberdene next week to do a working at heights course, so il have a crack on with them whilest im there.. thanks for the help and advice old scaff, much appriciated

im off up to aberdene next week to do a working at heights course, so il have a crack on with them whilest im there.. thanks for the help and advice old scaff, much appriciated

Do you know which platform ur goin 2 mate? Rates can vary some fields pay day rate (which is better) others pay OCA rate which is currently £18.67 with a backdated payrise due. The rigs that pay hours usually give u 2 hours overtime each night at £21.19 an hour. With Stork ul bag anywhere between £2600 and £3000 a 14 day trip (depending where you are) hope this helps fella

Lads anyone looking for Offshore work Muehlhan in Aberdeen are picking up work, 01224 773 017 or recruitment@muehlhan.com

Got a phone call from them today, looking for me to go offshore on Friday. Had to knock it back due to commitments at home, this week. Don't know if their looking for more guys. But worth a phone call, ask for Jenna. Good luck.

Top Bottom