Whats the best phrase or saying you have heard ...

When I was a trainee putting in a high topper my charge said to me 'if you get that in there I'll eat Bernard Mannings underpants'

Love that saying...

"Excuse me fellas, are you Scaffolding Great Britain?"

"No, just this building at the moment mate"

My mate was called into the office one day for threatening a site agent, he told the boss " I'm a f*****g scaffolder not a diplomat"

:nuts:

That reminds me of an old work mate who was called in to see the boss regarding his membership of the 'Monday Club'.

When the boss asked him why it was he only seemed to work 4 days a week he replied..

"Because I can't afford to live on 3 days money!"

Years ago, one of the scaffs had to get the bus to work. The bus never used to get there till 8.30 every morning.

One morning the gaffer was waiting for him. On Billy getting off the bus, the gaffer started tapping his watch, saying, "Billy this is no fecking good" Billy carried on walking by and replied " Well buy yourself a new one mate":laugh::laugh::laugh:

When the site manager spoke to my mate like he was stupid (he is by the way) he said "He thinks my head buttons up the back"

Another mate was caught watering a wall and waving it about as he did it, the foreman asked him what the **** he thought he was doing. Answer "making scary monsters"

"Rain , hail , sleet and snow to the canteen we must go" or " you think a band and plate is a dinner and dance" or the ever popular "do you want brown sauce with that standard ,your making a meal of it" how about "you couldn't get up speed if you fell off the scaffold" if any ever tell you to "come on " shout back "i'll come on you in a minute" that always gets a laugh

A couple of little favs of mine.... SPOT THE DOG! & SOME WHERE, NO WHERE NEAR!! , when asked if a ledger is bubble, SOME WHERE, NO WHERE NEAR, always gets a response... SPOT THE DOG is deffos blob..

I was scaffolding when you were in fluid form!!
I have put up scaffolds a greenhorn like you wouldn't dare stand on!!

best get yourself up the hospital for a x-ray m8..to see if there is any work left in you.:D

and
look at a job twice and you only got to do it once

a fu*k is a fu*k
a joke a joke
but no fu*k aint no joke:toung:

if that bottom hand was any thicker he would set.

Last edited:
scaff asks his mate , what you think of the level on that base lift ,,, mate replies it would look ok if i was riding by on a fucin horse lolllooo:laugh:

Oy !!!!! Get me a mouthful of doubles !

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Got yerself a new spanner son?
Just need to learn how to use it now !

oh no,its sniper on the job!!lol

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

jobs not gonna build itself,while ur standing looking at it weeman!!!!

I worked with an old Scaff from Clethorps many years ago---he used to say---hear all, see all, say nowt and if you want to do anything do it for thy sen---shound advice ;)---he used to sup all and spend nowt too :eek:

hear all, see all,say now't

eat all, sup all, pay now't

and if tha does owt for now't

do it for this'sen

Rigger

Aye, thats the one---time had clouded my memory and I could't quite remember the sayin.---thanks, aye , happy days :nuts:

Top Bottom