Vange scaffolding

Information on Grain

Worked for Vange for nearly 10 years, such a shame to see it fall. I'm keen to know more about A1 Scaffolding, Essex. Who is the director, How long has it been running, Where are the details online???

RE Money Owed:

# All reduncancy pay is goverenment protected, should take 6-8 weeks to pay out

# All holiday pay owed is also Government protected so should be paid out at same time

# Wages are protected up to a maximum of £330 a week (not much but something at least!) The balance is payable by the administraters (Good Luck!!)

# All weeks owed in lieu of notice are payable by Government (again up to maximum of approx. £330) HOWEVER if you earn any money between now and the end of your notice period (in my case 9 weeks), they will deduct all monies earned off of your notice payment (so the only way to receive any cash in lieu of notice is to sign on. Oh, and they'll deduct your dole money from the £330 a week!!).

The admistrators will send the forms to your home address with your P45. Also the union reps at Grain CHP (Alex Neary and Alan Barnes) are dealing with everything so pls be patient. We hope to get all our money back.

Makes me sick how some of these callous 8astard gaffers walk around chatting and 8ull5hiting the lads as if everything is fine well they damn well know the jobs knackered.What has happened to the days you got a whisper so you could jump before you were pushed,seems its every man for themselves nowadays,hope you all get starts good luck to all...

Dont want to stir the sh*t but...

What exactly are you talking about?

and

Gaffers?

Gaffers from what I think you are implying, is the Vange Supervision???

If so, I think they also lost their jobs, and money when Vange went belly up just like me and you.

Sad actually, that we are all in the same boat, but you seem to have some sort of issue with lads that have been very fair to me and my squad, over the whole job!

From what I have heard from lads that know the union guy, the main contractor Alstom have been the only people who are helping all the ex Vange lads, including the ex Vange supervision, even though this isnt really their problem.

Thank god someones trying to help us out, because the Vange directors and office team in Benfleet have melted away into the shadows.

Im just glad Ive still got a job, and hopefully I can keep a more permanent job with the new employers Hertel, what about you? Are you happy with that?

TL

gollom1981, is martin george
but who is thelodger? TL = Truelove MAYBE?

Worked for Vange for nearly 10 years, such a shame to see it fall. I'm keen to know more about A1 Scaffolding, Essex. Who is the director, How long has it been running, Where are the details online???

RE Money Owed:

# All reduncancy pay is goverenment protected, should take 6-8 weeks to pay out

# All holiday pay owed is also Government protected so should be paid out at same time

# Wages are protected up to a maximum of £330 a week (not much but something at least!) The balance is payable by the administraters (Good Luck!!)

# All weeks owed in lieu of notice are payable by Government (again up to maximum of approx. £330) HOWEVER if you earn any money between now and the end of your notice period (in my case 9 weeks), they will deduct all monies earned off of your notice payment (so the only way to receive any cash in lieu of notice is to sign on. Oh, and they'll deduct your dole money from the £330 a week!!).

The admistrators will send the forms to your home address with your P45. Also the union reps at Grain CHP (Alex Neary and Alan Barnes) are dealing with everything so pls be patient. We hope to get all our money back.

Thanks for that mate!

Im not sure but I thought it was £380 per year worked, if you were employed continuously for 2 years or more, but things could be better because we work on a NAECI job, and surely that counts for something.

I`ve sort of accepted that I will probably have to wait for all the money Im owed, which is a lot less than you, (because I have only been with Vange on this contract) but Im still owed a week and a half, with some O/T and holiday days.

TL

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

gollom1981, is martin george
but who is thelodger? TL = Truelove MAYBE?

Who is ESSEX?

if you work on the vange, you must no me coming from essex

Last edited:
essex is me :idea: think about it, you should definantly no me :cheesy:

nope!

You lost me now :embarrest:

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Anyway.... Im staying put!

Nothing better going on anywhere else, and this is quite a good job really.

[/COLOR]Anyway.... Im staying put!

Nothing better going on anywhere else, and this is quite a good job really.[/QUOTE]

its a **** job if you was overpaid by vange, i was not overpaid, i was getting my grade 5 that granted my advanced ticket, alot of people only getting paid by what ticket, regardless if they have done part 2, or advanced with proof of certification, which i make hertel 100% right to do so, why should you get more money if you aint got a NVQ qualification, so may i ask who you are thelodger, plus this forum comes in handy for work and information regarding jobs etc

[/COLOR]

its a **** job if you was overpaid by vange, i was not overpaid, i was getting my grade 5 that granted my advanced ticket, alot of people only getting paid by what ticket, regardless if they have done part 2, or advanced with proof of certification, which i make hertel 100% right to do so, why should you get more money if you aint got a NVQ qualification, so may i ask who you are thelodger, plus this forum comes in handy for work and information regarding jobs etc

I know a lot of people were on mates rates, but if I had my mates work for me on a job I would look after them if I could, its only natural, I would expect the same in return of course. lol

Im glad I had this job to help me through the recession, and still am.

I dont think people realise how hard things are out in the big world, my mates are really struggling just now.

At least Ive got a chance at earning some cash.

I thought I would have to pawn my stereo on Wednesday night :bigsmile:

I know a lot of people were on mates rates, but if I had my mates work for me on a job I would look after them if I could, its only natural, I would expect the same in return of course. lol

Im glad I had this job to help me through the recession, and still am.

I dont think people realise how hard things are out in the big world, my mates are really struggling just now.

At least Ive got a chance at earning some cash.

I thought I would have to pawn my stereo on Wednesday night :bigsmile:

I sort of understand helping mates out, but in another way people have had to fork out thousands of £££ to get different cards etc, and some people getting top money, in my eyes mates rates means, mates with kev, as he was manager at the time, no friends, of friends, of cousins, of next door neighbours, etc, im grateful for earning some top money, i have banked s**t loads from there, for doing next to nothing, it wont be the same for hertel, thats why i jacked thursday. Hope everything goes well for the people that stayed and can bank a few more thousands ££££ for the next weeks, hopefully months, and with me going, hopefully gives more work for some1 else maybe on the list to go.

A few lads jacked on Thursday which one were you?

Have you got another start somewhere?

TL

I have got a start for monday, well paid too, there is only a choice of five blokes, and only 2 was advanced mate, what is your identity!

Nah Im still at Grain mate, where are you starting, and George is my middle name.

well fair enough, starting at the olmypics, stratford, Monday

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Nah Im still at Grain mate, where are you starting, and George is my middle name.

Plus you starting for hertel could be a blessing in disguise, as you have your NEBOSH, and they will always need a safety man somewhere around the country.

Good on ya, Im competing there in 2012, in the pentathlon, and deep sea mussle fishing events, can you do some overtime and make sure my village is complete for my victory parties?

Thanks.

TL

Good on ya, Im competing there in 2012, in the pentathlon, and deep sea mussle fishing events, can you do some overtime and make sure my village is complete for my victory parties?

Thanks.

TL

Stretch come on mate, i practically milked the isle of grain, for nearly every hour possible, so will be doing the same on the olympic village.

Watch this space Ker-ching.

Top Bottom