Sccr

itsd pissing me off every usernasme i use and password with every email adress i have and still nothing the only time i work it then saysd you have ither been blocked or have not confirmed your account or sumthign like that there isnmt a send new acception option on the site so ma fuked lol

that the ting i havent paid the 10er got to that stage and my card has been bbloked by paypal for some one trying to use me payapl in usa cso just closed the page but not wont let me get back to that nor will it let me reacativate my username and pasword :mad:

what i have done is i have clicked on forgot user name and type an email address in .. it then has sent me my user name to the said email address so i type my user name in on the sccr and click forgot password it then ask for my email address so i type it in and then it says Your password reset request failed because a User with the specified username and e-mail address could not be found

the scr sned me my user name to the email adress which i have used and now its saying there is no match but there is a match becaus ei got the user name off the sccr to this email adress arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
that the ting i havent paid the 10er got to that stage and my card has been bbloked by paypal for some one trying to use me payapl in usa cso just closed the page but not wont let me get back to that nor will it let me reacativate my username and pasword :mad:

what i have done is i have clicked on forgot user name and type an email address in .. it then has sent me my user name to the said email address so i type my user name in on the sccr and click forgot password it then ask for my email address so i type it in and then it says Your password reset request failed because a User with the specified username and e-mail address could not be found

the scr sned me my user name to the email adress which i have used and now its saying there is no match but there is a match becaus ei got the user name off the sccr to this email adress arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

e-mail SCCR at sccr@sky.com. If pay pal has not activated the account & no money has been taken then you would not be able to log on.

Send us your details to the e-mail address above & we will sort it.

Regards Stewart

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

get your tenner back . might be a good idea to tell us when your taking the next years money as well ragscaff .a lot of lads not working

We do not have a say in the way pay pal works. When you first register through that system it asks if you want a one off payment or annually. We cannot just go on & take your money you are in control of that.

Once you have chosen annually then that comes out automatically until you cancel it.

Regards Stewart

Cheers ragscaff email sent hope fully i can get registerd and get in to the swing of thing not sure weather i support it my self atm early days but if its going to help other then am in

To All SCCR Members,

First I would like to apologise for a lack of information & a delay in memberships being renewed.

My wife was taken into hospital in early January & was very, very poorly. It was unexpected & has caught me out.

I will over the next few weeks catch up.

Events this year so far.

20th March HSE meeting Birmingham.

Nominations for the new committee 3rd to the 10th April with voting 11th to the 16th.

Meeting with CITB June

Full committee meeting June.

We have quite a few issues we are working on at the moment & I will update correspondence on these shortly. The membership is still growing steadily & we have a couple of new sponsors on the way.

If you have any issues you wish us to help with then please contact us at sccr@sky.com

Stewart Quinney
Chairman

What will the meeting with the HSE cover? Can SCCR members attend this or is it just the committee?

If you e-mail me at sccr@sky.com with the reason you wish to attend & I can fit it on the agenda then happy days Flinty.

Stewart

Need help!!!

Anyone who has had an accident or incident at work with any AGR or working practices over the last 6 months please let us know.

The HSE are listening & can make a difference!!

Also if you have any stories in regards to bad practices due to poor training or in sufficient training we need to know.

We have another important meeting shortly with the HSE & this information will be vital. Please send any info to sccr@sky.com. Your details will not be passed on or used in any way other than a record of how many incidents there are.

Regards Stewart Quinney

Agr

Hello Stewart,

Fortunately, I have not experience of accident with these systems but I do have experience of numerous near misses which are mainly in use of the, "Step". Collected some notes which refer to this much endorsed and used product.

Advantages:

Big profits for manufacturers, sellers and associates.

Disadvantages:

Does not Prevent Falls and, in fact, increase this risk.
Is not Collective fall prevention.
Creates dangerous practice when jointing standards.
Transmits very high loading to decking which is not designed for this extra loading. (Approx 32million kN/m2)
Increase risk of accidents and damage by manual handling.
Does not remove risk when moving to higher platform.
Very Slippery when wet.
Increased risk of falling persons due to small work platform.
Increased risk of falling materials due to lack of surface area.
Increases what is already considerable physical effort.
Interrupts erection sequence leading to unstable structures.
Requires 100% supervision to ensure proper use.
Need to fix decking prior to use not practiced.
Encourages users to lean and stretch.

It is obvious from these observations that no one has completed a proper risk assessment.

As NASC and HSE are very actively promoting this system onsite I have some questions.

Do H.S.E. blindly accept recommendations from a minority organisation such as NASC. ?

Do N.A.S.C. blindly accept recommendations from their members and associates.

Are N.A.S.C. and H.S.E. happy to accept training is devised and implemented by incompetent organisations and their incompetent staff.

How, just because someone is awarded a, (for example), N.E.B.O.S.H. certificate, does this qualify them to be competent in scaffolding operations and safety.

Are these health and safety advisors also competent in all other occupations or just scaffolding.

In 35 years of scaffolding I have to say this is the most dangerous piece of scaffolding equipment I have seen in UK and I am sad to see H.S.E. and C.I.S.R.S. being led by, what appears to be, a self serving and incompetent organisation.

It is a ridiculous state where this industry is being led by a self imposed minority which has continually proved incompetent especially in training.

The scaffolders do this work every day of their lives and MUST have input where their lives and safety are concerned. The alternative is N.A.S.C. and it is obviously not working.

Let's hope we can have a more representative and concerned alternative in the near future.

The steps system will be responsible for a scaffolders death before very long and then we will see where the blame lies

The main concerns we have with the step ups are:

The wear & tear on the body!

The potential for trips & slips!

Topping over the hand rail!

As well as the old excuse left mine behind!!!!

SQ

the sad truth is the blame would be down to incorrect training inexperience with the system. the step is here to stay especailly for tube and fitting users. i would rather do agr and not wear a harness than wear a harness and not use it.

Just a quick one on this if the step goes its advanced guardrails for everyone so whatever is used someone will make or invent something that costs money. You could always use the improvised guardrail more out of tube and fitting but remember an advanced guardrail is more visible, operators will want to see it used not like the comments on here of ' i take the step up to the lift open it up and not use it'. We will never go back to the harness as collective protection is the law especially on a straight run independent, tower, loading bays or birdcage. I dont endorse products, we use them all at our place and people can choose what they want. The reason the step is so popular is the price and it can be given to the scaffs to look after them, that is the freedom of choice companies have availble to them.

Ian

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

the sad truth is the blame would be down to incorrect training inexperience with the system. the step is here to stay especailly for tube and fitting users. i would rather do agr and not wear a harness than wear a harness and not use it.

you have to wear a harness with AGR if you lift the boards as you can fall through the scaffold, its the front page of the SG4 book.

The whole AGR was rushed through, no consultation & ill thought.

Yes open edge was to be sorted but we have been working like it for a very long time with no recorded problems.

It is like putting out a fire with water with a little petrol in it!!!!

SQ.

We will never go back to the harness as collective protection is the law especially on a straight run independent, tower, loading bays or birdcage.

Ian, did the law change with the new SG rules? Were we using SG rules which by these new 'standards', technically breach the WAHR?

I ask because it seems odd that our industry guidelines allowed this, encouraged it and apparently it's now breaking the law. If this is the case, I don't know whether saying that we will never use harnesses as a way of protecting ourselves instead of AGR is right, as we used it before, with the blessing of NASC, CISRS and HSE with no problems.

I don't see this going away, a year later here we are still unhappy with it.

Ian, did the law change with the new SG rules? Were we using SG rules which by these new 'standards', technically breach the WAHR?

I ask because it seems odd that our industry guidelines allowed this, encouraged it and apparently it's now breaking the law. If this is the case, I don't know whether saying that we will never use harnesses as a way of protecting ourselves instead of AGR is right, as we used it before, with the blessing of NASC, CISRS and HSE with no problems.

I don't see this going away, a year later here we are still unhappy with it.

The law changed in 2005 but collective protection wasn't enforced by the Hse to the scaffold industry until 2010, tunnelling and traversing was allowed up till then. This is why everything changed in SG4:10

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Hence the reason people are using steps, bsafe, advanced guard rails. You still have to wear harnesses and clip on where needed, a lot of industrial contractors use double lanyards.

Top Bottom