Scaffolding in WA Australia.... Anyone?!

Hey just looking for some advice . Recently I got my basic intermediate and advanced scafold tickets but have got very little experience where do you guys think would be the best place to gain experience ?

Best place to gain experience in scaffolding is................work on a scaffolding company!!
Seriously, best training is out on site mate, work with experienced scaffolders, listen, watch and learn and above all, work hard each day, so the experienced scaffs want you the next day and they will respect your efforts and show what they do and why they do it!

Working with different scaffolders is always good experience as you can pick up different ideas on how to erect, modify and dismantle scaffolds.
Put in the hard yards mate and you''ll be fine.
Good Luck

Best place to gain experience in scaffolding is................work on a scaffolding company!!
Seriously, best training is out on site mate, work with experienced scaffolders, listen, watch and learn and above all, work hard each day, so the experienced scaffs want you the next day and they will respect your efforts and show what they do and why they do it!

Working with different scaffolders is always good experience as you can pick up different ideas on how to erect, modify and dismantle scaffolds.
Put in the hard yards mate and you''ll be fine.
Good Luck

Thanks for the reply mate I am in the process of getting a job in the construction side of things to learn as much as I can thanks for your advice

Yea Outeredge, Ya can get them all in one 9 day course in Oz mate. BUt still my 3 year apprenticeship from Canada is not recognized.... Nor the the UK tickets... go figure....

Well fair play then mate, good on ya, scaffs would have a heart attack in UK if u could gain Advanced that easy, plus it does leave a big question mark over complex jobs that a advanced Scaff would be expected to do but if u can earn better money with your ticket then good luck to ya bro.....I'd be aiming for Sydney if I had the chance : )

sydney is picking up, mostly commercial work in kwik stage, but you get to go home every night.

Qld and WA are the main mining states, industrial work, shut downs etc these can be long rotations, 4 weeks on 1 off, good money but not a good life.

depends on what you are looking for mate.

Top Bottom