Scaffolding in WA Australia.... Anyone?!

not big on Geo-political issues me,

looks like the Chinese have the world by the jacobs.

China are the new puppeteer, if they want iron to go up, it goes up etc.

america's not gone but they're flagging and our Indian friends are looking good for the silver medal after China.

no country is immune from the supply and demand concerns of the top 3.

only the Iranian's and Israels provide something else to worry about might be a bit of scaffolding work there in a few thousand years when the radiation settles down!

Hey lads, so you reckon the scene in Aus will slow up a bit here for a while then? now is not a good time to head over? As I was telling HSWT before, I'd have to change over my tickets to Oz tickets an stuff as well. No certainties on big money jobs then?

Cool!!! Where do you get the contacts for all around the world like that? I would love to exercise options to scaffold around in different places. How do i open those doors?

Ok lads, I have made decision and am leaving tomo for Perth. Anyone on here have any connections for a FIFO job? And What about Barrow, who are the main contractors there then, I'll go round their office and torment till I get a job. Fred, have any good suggestions for me mate, you been a wealth of knowledge and encouragement. Thanks all...

Alright lads. I am currently up in Port Hedland supervising. It has slowed down a little bit in the past couple of weeks.
Bmaher Cape were looking for lads up here so maybe worth giving them a bell. I think they were offering 4/1, clear all that up before you sign. It's starting to get now as well. 41'C today. As said before you will need your High Risk scaffold card whatever grade you are, they are also favourable of WAH License. Hope this helps mate.

thanks mate. Will be calling them tomo for sure. What office would I call would you know? Thanks.

Try this number mate. 0894194455, I'm sure that is the number for Perth but everything goes through there anyway. Good luck mate.

Has she slowed up lots now in WA then? I had to come back to Sweden for some matters but at least my visa is open. Looking at going back in the New Year. Whats all news lately then?

Mate there is **** loads of work in wa but what people dont realise its a long drawn out process to get on the good jobs.

you can earn from 1k in the city to 5k and upwards offshore get on a nightshift on offshore construction and your looking at 7k plus.

But these jobs aint easy to get on

ah ok. So there loads of work happening there most of the time. any leads then? And what you mean when you say long drawn out process... long line of guys waiting to get on there, the recruitment process is long? Have herd in the new year some new LNG projects may be coming up, you seem to know whats up... Good time to head to Perth then? what are some good companies to work for, who pays well? Have a mate with Pilbara Access who reckons he can sort me out, know anything about them? And do you know of any RTO's that can do an assessment? I am journeyman scaffolder from Canada, need to get my Oz tickets. Cheers Scaffdude.

perth training center costs you 1100 bucks and you change your ticket over in 1 day iam sure if your experienced he will do it for you he does it for all the brits irish and kiwi,s

It has been said loadsa times before by haveaspanner who seems very clue,d up with the process here the reason it takes so long is they do reference checks then you have medicals inductions voc,s then you have to be slotted into a roster its not just a case of great he wants a start chuck him on a plane to barrow island.

The big scaff companys are Cape,Agc,mono,s,clough amec,transfield worley

Then you have smaller companys like pilbara access,celtic,calendonia,scaffwest,traditonal scaffolds,sound scaffolding,sms,

You just gotta ring up send your cv in mate its like starting again here gotta make contacts prove you know what your doing ect.

Dont expect to come here and get straight on the big bucks cause it wont happen unless your really lucky or have some very good contacts

Thanks kindly Scaffdude, and yea HSWT is very clued in indeed. He knows whats up. Do you know the blokes name who does the training/assessment at Perth Training Centre then? I have rang them few times but get mixed answers and sumthin about all RTO's changing over to some new legislation etc... Wouldn't mind contacting the bloke directly and asking him what the go is, sick of speaking to receptionists.

So you got medical tomo for Barrow Fred, good on ya mate. What company ya going for? Any details on the job? Cheers...

mate you need to speak to peter baker. hes a helpfull guy.

Thanks again Scaffdude, your a HUGE help for me mate. I should get him at the Bentley location or...? Ah I'm sure if i call PTC they'll know where to direct me. Can't thank you enough scaffdude. Where you workin at the moment then? And you said things are and will be busy for future? I was in Perth just last week and was enroute to getting all sorted, was gonna do assessment with guy Glenn Hall at GH Scaffolding. Something came up and had to come back to Sweden. Since then mate has told me he did his at PTC and was quick and painless so thought I'd inquire. :)

Peter was at the midland branch just ring ptc and they will put you in contact.

best place to do its easiest if you have a mate that is here and done it all mate why is he not helping you out bud?. he should be able to sort your tickets and get you a start.

Top Bottom